Shoutbox

How to install WXP Pro from Network - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: How to install WXP Pro from Network (/showthread.php?tid=43994)

How to install WXP Pro from Network by YottabyteWizard on 05-02-2005 at 06:07 AM

Please, if anybody knows how to install WXP Pro via Network, tell me... I've a Laptop and don't have CDROM, and another PC with CDROM drive conected to a network and XP Pro and Win2003 Server, the laptop also has possibilities network boot, but can't make it work. I urgently need to install the OS, because it's my dads'.:^)

RE: How to install WXP Pro from Network by scott_259 on 05-02-2005 at 07:41 AM

You cannot install and OS via a network, because you will need the CD during the setup process, and as the computer goes formats your drive you would be disconnected from the network, so it makes it impossible to install it via a network, only way i can suggest is by creating hte installation setup up on to floopy disk, but i am not sure if you can do it with windows XP Pro. hope it helps and good luck

RE: RE: How to install WXP Pro from Network by BEWARE^^ on 05-02-2005 at 08:14 AM

quote:
Originally posted by scott_259
You cannot install and OS via a network, because you will need the CD during the setup process, and as the computer goes formats your drive you would be disconnected from the network, so it makes it impossible to install it via a network, only way i can suggest is by creating hte installation setup up on to floopy disk, but i am not sure if you can do it with windows XP Pro. hope it helps and good luck

It is very wel possible
only he has to install on his server the "remote installation service"
with that he can install on a remote machine
RE: How to install WXP Pro from Network by BEWARE^^ on 05-02-2005 at 08:15 AM

suplement to previous post
see both post`s attachments

RE: How to install WXP Pro from Network by YottabyteWizard on 05-02-2005 at 02:48 PM

BEWARE^^, that screenshot is from w2003?

RE: How to install WXP Pro from Network by BEWARE^^ on 05-02-2005 at 02:51 PM

yep it is :)

RE: How to install WXP Pro from Network by wj on 05-02-2005 at 03:15 PM

It's possible, You need a system that supports PXE boot and a server to support DHCP, Bootp/PXE, and Install files. Windows Server 2003 Can do it as shown in the Screenshot.