Shoutbox

Microsoft begins rebranding of .net passport - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Microsoft begins rebranding of .net passport (/showthread.php?tid=44006)

Microsoft begins rebranding of .net passport by mad_onion on 05-02-2005 at 02:31 PM

after the complete failure of .net passport. the universal internet sign in service because of high licence fees microsoft has began rebranding the service. from now on .net passport will be know as microsoft passport. imo this is a good thing they couldnt keep pretending with .net passport and a microsoft passport will be easier to understand for many people. :)
Microsoft recently leaked details on beta helpfiles for the upcomming Microsoft Messenger 5 for Mac where they explain that .NET no longer exists but the concept and idea still remain. They've since updated their MSN Helpfiles to reflect the changes and replaced all instances of .NET Passport with Microsoft Passport.
As well as changes to the sign in pages, the icons have also been changed.
Old Icon
[Image: signin.gif]

New Image
[Image: signin.gif]

i think it looks nicer :)

RE: Microsoft begins rebranding of .net passport by user27089 on 05-02-2005 at 02:37 PM

It's pretty cool, I definitely prefer the new one, it's much more aesthetically pleasing :D...

RE: Microsoft begins rebranding of .net passport by absorbation on 05-02-2005 at 02:39 PM

Yep, but when i view my e-mails i get a page before my email page :(
It's annoying

Happy 250th post :banana:

RE: Microsoft begins rebranding of .net passport by -rafy- on 05-02-2005 at 02:49 PM

Yes a pleasant change :)

sounds better than .Net as well.

RE: Microsoft begins rebranding of .net passport by Anubis on 05-02-2005 at 03:48 PM

In the Windows XP User Account settings it still talks about .NET passport settings, no doubt MS will make a patch or some kind of upgrade out shortly that renames it.

MSN Messenger's sign in screen also still has .NET passport listed.
Very few sites actually used .NET passports to sign in that aren't owned by Microsoft anyways, so it is a logical business move.

Also if it's just going to be on purely MS sites from now on, there's no chance of anyone faking a login screen to get passport account details without it looking obviously fake. (Y) Good move for Microsoft