Shoutbox

Formatting; need to export emoticons - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Formatting; need to export emoticons (/showthread.php?tid=44039)

Formatting; need to export emoticons by ZrednaZ on 05-02-2005 at 09:04 PM

Hiya. My comp takes approx. 10 minutes to start by now and runs like hell, so I guess the time has come to do a nice format. ;)

Most backups are in place, but I was wondering how to back up Messenger's emoticons. I'd hate having to manually add them all agin...

Oh, and if anyone by any chance knows how to back up DU Meter's stats, that'd be nice as well.

RE: Formatting; need to export emoticons by Lt.Col.DraGon on 05-02-2005 at 09:07 PM

Well, I think you can't back up the emoticons, I'm afraid you will have to add them manually, correct me if I'm wrong.

RE: Formatting; need to export emoticons by ZrednaZ on 05-02-2005 at 09:23 PM

:'( !

Does everyone concur with this? No plugin, no nothing?

RE: Formatting; need to export emoticons by Zephyr on 05-02-2005 at 09:32 PM

You can back up emoticons. They are found in this folder

C:\Documents and Settings\<user>\Application Data\Microsoft\MSN Messenger\<id>\CustomEmoticons

The user is your windows username and the id can be found using this tool. http://shoutbox.menthix.net/attachment.php?pid=440877

There is also an Emoticon and Display Pic Backup Wizard which can be found at http://www.sherv.net/. Just scroll down the page.

RE: Formatting; need to export emoticons by ZrednaZ on 05-02-2005 at 09:38 PM

Thanks, I appreciate it. [Image: rebanana.gif]

RE: Formatting; need to export emoticons by ZrednaZ on 05-05-2005 at 09:03 PM

Ok, so I backed up those files from the Custom Emoticons dir, and now, after the format, I've put the DAT-files back into the same directory as I extracted them from before. However, Messenger isn't recognising them... :^) Maybe I should've just used the wizard to be on the safe side...

RE: Formatting; need to export emoticons by Zephyr on 05-05-2005 at 09:05 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ZrednaZ
Ok, so I backed up those files from the Custom Emoticons dir, and now, after the format, I've put the DAT-files back into the same directory as I extracted them from before. However, Messenger isn't recognising them... :^) Maybe I should've just used the wizard to be on the safe side...

Are you sure they are back in the same directory with exactly the same id number?

EDIT: See here http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=42...d=434864#pid434864
RE: Formatting; need to export emoticons by user27089 on 05-05-2005 at 09:06 PM

You can use the mass c.e/d.p adders that you can find from www.mess.be, just search in the downloads section, as that site doesn't allow direct linkage :(.

RE: Formatting; need to export emoticons by ZrednaZ on 05-06-2005 at 11:48 AM

quote:
Originally posted by traxor

You can use the mass c.e/d.p adders that you can find from www.mess.be, just search in the downloads section, as that site doesn't allow direct linkage

A real pain in the arse, ain't it... :p If they're gonna make their site so chaotic, they could at least allow deep linking.

Anyway, after finally locating a search form I found an app called CE/DP Manager, but I'm afraid this won't be able to restore my emoticons in their current form (dat-files). It seems to require the actual jpg-files. *whines*
RE: Formatting; need to export emoticons by Mike on 05-06-2005 at 11:55 AM

Actually, the emoticons are png files :P
So you can make a .bat file to rename them to png and then, use a program from mess.be that adds the emoticons massivly!

RE: Formatting; need to export emoticons by ZrednaZ on 05-06-2005 at 12:07 PM

Ahhh... interesting ;)

RE: Formatting; need to export emoticons by RedShark on 01-19-2007 at 01:31 PM

I have the same problem with mine.. gonna format it soon.. what about dumeter? does anyone know how to safe the stats?

Cheers

[edit: Prob solved tnx anyway]