Shoutbox

Bill Gates has a PSP - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: Bill Gates has a PSP (/showthread.php?tid=44041)

Bill Gates has a PSP by .blade// on 05-02-2005 at 09:10 PM

Have you had a chance to play with the PlayStation portable?

Actually yeah. Because we both work with Sony and compete with Sony, Kutaragi and Idei were here some months ago, and they sent me one even before it was in the marketplace. We’re not in that segment of the business. I don’t know if he would have done the same with the PS3, but so he sent a PSP and that was very nice.

(source: http://engadget.com/entry/1234000440041962/)

That's kind of hypocritical :P "Well since we don't have a portable YET, I'll try his out and say it's cool, but as soon as we make one HE CAN BURN IN HELL! (6)" XD

RE: Bill Gates has a PSP by Supersonicdarky on 05-02-2005 at 09:14 PM

i think he is gonna steal some features (or already has) for his xbox and make an XP (xbox portable) :P

RE: Bill Gates has a PSP by RaceProUK on 05-02-2005 at 10:19 PM

Or would they? They failed to topple Sony's dominance in the console market, so they won't want to challenge them and Nintendo in the handheld market unless they were sure of success.
Sony are challenging Nintendo because they feel they can repeat the success of the PS1 and PS2.

RE: Bill Gates has a PSP by Chris4 on 05-02-2005 at 10:20 PM

quote:
Originally posted by supersonicdarky
i think he is gonna steal some features (or already has) for his xbox and make an XP (xbox portable) :P

Xbox portable. haha great idea.

It's more likely to be called the XBP, because XP would get confused with Windows XP ;)
RE: Bill Gates has a PSP by RaceProUK on 05-02-2005 at 10:26 PM

quote:
Originally posted by chris4
Xbox portable
I wouldn't be surprised if MS get a mini hard drive in it :rolleyes:
RE: Bill Gates has a PSP by Chris4 on 05-02-2005 at 10:30 PM

quote:
Originally posted by raceprouk
quote:
Xbox portable

Lmao. It would still have to be pretty big :P
RE: Bill Gates has a PSP by .blade// on 05-02-2005 at 11:56 PM

Actually - Microsoft did a prety good job for their first time around with a console. They may even win in the next generation if they manage to get their Xbox 360 out this fall (a good deal ahead of the other companies) like they plan to.

RE: Bill Gates has a PSP by paperless on 05-03-2005 at 12:01 AM

Not fair.. someone that is rich as hell gets a PSP for free..and people that dont even have a trilionesimal of his money have to count penny by penny to get one..

RE: Bill Gates has a PSP by Pyroteq on 05-03-2005 at 01:07 AM

Bah, bill gates has everything.

RE: RE: Bill Gates has a PSP by YottabyteWizard on 05-03-2005 at 02:52 AM

quote:

lol. Also i think he would integrate wireless MSN messaging, or a 'desktop' with a taskbar, or Internet Explorer with SP1, it would make the XP/XBP very big. :lol:
RE: Bill Gates has a PSP by Purity on 05-03-2005 at 03:15 AM

I think that Microsoft should release a handheld system, that is better than the PSP with a hard driver, I wouldnt' be suprised if microsoft did make one though....

RE: Bill Gates has a PSP by .blade// on 05-03-2005 at 03:38 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Purity
I think that Microsoft should release a handheld system, that is better than the PSP with a hard driver, I wouldnt' be suprised if microsoft did make one though....

Btw, is anyone else able to sign in?

Actually Microsoft is endorcing the Gizmondo (which sucks :P)

And by the way - to put an HDD in a handheld AND keep it portable AND give it a good battery life AND keep it light would be very costly.
RE: Bill Gates has a PSP by Purity on 05-03-2005 at 03:42 AM

quote:
Originally posted by blade
quote:
Originally posted by Purity

Btw, is anyone else able to sign in?

Actually Microsoft is endorcing the Gizmondo (which sucks :P)

And by the way - to put an HDD in a handheld AND keep it portable AND give it a good battery life AND keep it light would be very costly.

Sure it would be costly, but it would be worth it.... btw wtf is a Gizmondo??
RE: Bill Gates has a PSP by .blade// on 05-03-2005 at 03:46 AM

It's a like $450 Handheld with all sorts of extra crap most people don't need [e.g. GPS], no analog stick, almost no game support and DS style graphics :D

http://www.gizmondo.com/

[Image: gizmondo.jpg]

RE: RE: Bill Gates has a PSP by paperless on 05-03-2005 at 07:59 AM

quote:
It's a like $450 Handheld with all sorts of extra crap most people don't need [e.g. GPS], no analog stick, almost no game support and DS style graphics :D

You are wrong, Gizmondo has slightly better graphics than the PSP but the price = :lol:
RE: Bill Gates has a PSP by Jhrono on 05-03-2005 at 11:56 AM

quote:

Plus it's a phone :rolleyes: ...i think it's suposed to be like n-gage but with 1000 times better graphics..

PLUS IT IS 251 US $

They're site says 129 £ ...which is = to 193,5€ = 251,55 US $...

I don't know if you are talking about Canadian $...i dont know ur currency :$..
RE: Bill Gates has a PSP by .blade// on 05-03-2005 at 02:15 PM

quote:
Originally posted by paperless
You are wrong, Gizmondo has slightly better graphics than the PSP but the price = :lol:

No, it has slightly higher specs, but none of the games that have been released have anywhere near the graphics of a PSP :-/

quote:
Originally posted by johny
quote:

Plus it's a phone :rolleyes: ...i think it's suposed to be like n-gage but with 1000 times better graphics..

PLUS IT IS 251 US $

They're site says 129 £ ...which is = to 193,5€ = 251,55 US $...

I don't know if you are talking about Canadian $...i dont know ur currency :$..

There are different models. I was talking about the middle-end model (and in CAD $)
RE: Bill Gates has a PSP by Fergy on 05-04-2005 at 02:35 PM

quote:
quote:
Xbox portable
they could pull that off with a flash drive style device
RE: Bill Gates has a PSP by .blade// on 05-04-2005 at 02:42 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Fergy
quote:
quote:
Xbox portable
they could pull that off with a flash drive style device

Then that wouldn't be an HDD - it would be a FLASH device like the PSP uses :rolleyes:
RE: Bill Gates has a PSP by user27089 on 05-04-2005 at 03:52 PM

I doubt that Microsoft would even attempt to create a hand-held device anytime soon. As it would be perceived as "copying". But if they do, then I'm sure it would probably contain a hard disk drive or something alike. Maybe even some new technology. I know that it would probably be a beast or whatever, with a lot of space, and no real need for the whole "memory card" thing, like what the psp uses... Not sure if the DS has one...