Shoutbox

[Request] Cannot close Messenger until some other programs are closed - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: [Request] Cannot close Messenger until some other programs are closed (/showthread.php?tid=44060)

[Request] Cannot close Messenger until some other programs are closed by TWDman on 05-03-2005 at 05:43 AM

"There are other applications currently using features provided by MSN Messenger. You must close these other applications before you can ext MSN Messenger. These applications may include Outlook, Outlook Express, MSN, MSN Explorer, Internet Explorer, and Three Degrees"

This is the message I get when I want to close MSN Messenger when Outlook is still running. Maybe this can fixed in the next version of Messenger Plus!, becaues it's rather anoying to quit Outlook first, than close Messenger and then again restart Outlook, when I want to close Messenger. Outlook can run without Messenger running at the same time! I've requested this when Patchou was making MP!2 (maybe it was 2.?) and then he made it. I was wondering why it isn't here in MP!3.5 anymore

TWDman

RE: [Request] Cannot close Messenger until some other programs are closed by TWDman on 05-12-2005 at 05:25 AM

am I the only one who thinks this could be fixed?

RE: [Request] Cannot close Messenger until some other programs are closed by matty on 05-12-2005 at 07:12 AM

Which version of Windows are you running? With Windows XP you should only get this with Windows Messenger not MSN Messenger. But technically there wouldn't be a way around it because the API is in use and cannot be shutdown until the other Application closes and the call to the API is terminated.

RE: [Request] Cannot close Messenger until some other programs are closed by cbrobotech on 05-12-2005 at 04:45 PM

windows messenger sux, sometime i hav a lot of problems

RE: [Request] Cannot close Messenger until some other programs are closed by Concord Dawn on 05-12-2005 at 04:51 PM

quote:
Originally posted by cbrobotech
windows messenger sux, sometime i hav a lot of problems

Err....please think before you post. Windows Messenger is less attractive for the home user because it lacks many of the visual features of MSN Messenger, but it is very practical for corporate users who want a way to communicate and nothing else.

quote:
Originally posted by TWDman
"There are other applications currently using features provided by MSN Messenger. You must close these other applications before you can ext MSN Messenger. These applications may include Outlook, Outlook Express, MSN, MSN Explorer, Internet Explorer, and Three Degrees"

This is the message I get when I want to close MSN Messenger when Outlook is still running. Maybe this can fixed in the next version of Messenger Plus!, becaues it's rather anoying to quit Outlook first, than close Messenger and then again restart Outlook, when I want to close Messenger. Outlook can run without Messenger running at the same time! I've requested this when Patchou was making MP!2 (maybe it was 2.?) and then he made it. I was wondering why it isn't here in MP!3.5 anymore

TWDman

This situation is Windows/Outlook version dependant. Could you please post both your Windows version and Outlook versions?
RE: [Request] Cannot close Messenger until some other programs are closed by matty on 05-12-2005 at 05:24 PM

Prevent Messenger from Running In Outlook Express

I use this all the time for Windows Messenger but I doubt it will work for MSN Messenger.

RE: [Request] Cannot close Messenger until some other programs are closed by riahc4 on 05-12-2005 at 10:18 PM

quote:
Originally posted by TWDman

TWDman
I remember it as well that Patchou made a way around to exit messenger even if Hotmail ect was open. I was gonna request this as a plugin (which could be easily made) but im too lazy and forget to make the thread :P
RE: [Request] Cannot close Messenger until some other programs are closed by jren207 on 05-12-2005 at 10:59 PM

Crash MSN lol :P

It closes when I have Hotmail open when MSN decides to crashe for some unknown reason.