Shoutbox

Need "How To" Help Plus Icon & Speaker Icons In Chat Window - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Need "How To" Help Plus Icon & Speaker Icons In Chat Window (/showthread.php?tid=44074)

Need "How To" Help Plus Icon & Speaker Icons In Chat Window by penquino on 05-03-2005 at 01:51 PM

How do I enable the Plus Icon and Speaker Icon in the chat window?

I'm using the latest msn messenger and latest msgplus, also using xp home.

Also can someone *please* tell me how to get rid of following error.

A friend keeps receiving this error while trying to log into msn messenger.
"The procedure entry point get IUMS could not be located in the dynamic link library MSDART.DLL   

She has uninstalled msn messenger, and reinstalled, and she continues to receive this message.  She can only log on by right clicking the green guy and choosing *Sign-In*, then typing her password in the box.  She cannot log in the usual way, as she receives error 81000303 when she tries that way.  Her password is correct and nothing is new there.  She is also using all the latest up-to-date msn messenger and msgplus, as well as xp home.

Thank you very much!

This site/community is awesome!  There is so much to learn, and there are always people here patient enough to pass along their knowledge.

Thank you!

RE: Need "How To" Help Plus Icon & Speaker Icons In Chat Window by banky on 05-03-2005 at 01:59 PM

First Question- This should automatically be enabled you may wanna try to uninstall Messenger Plus! restart your comp then reinstall Messenger Plus! Again(with your without optional sponser)

Second Question- No Sure :/

RE: Need "How To" Help Plus Icon & Speaker Icons In Chat Window by Tochjo on 05-03-2005 at 02:48 PM

quote:
Originally posted by penquino
A friend keeps receiving this error while trying to log into msn messenger.
"The procedure entry point get IUMS could not be located in the dynamic link library MSDART.DLL   
This seems fairly unrelated to Messenger. A Google search showed two usable links: http://forums.windrivers.com/archive/index.php/t-58747.html and http://www.nwlink.com/~zachd/pss/pss.html#mdac. Perhaps these pages are of use to your friend.

quote:
Originally posted by penquino
How do I enable the Plus Icon and Speaker Icon in the chat window?
Make sure you enabled this option: Plus! > Preferences > Instant Messages > Enhance the toolbar with Messenger Plus! features. Also try to see if resizing your window has any effect, or if adjusting your colour depth settings works if the other suggestions don't.
RE: Need "How To" Help Plus Icon & Speaker Icons In Chat Window by penquino on 05-03-2005 at 02:59 PM

Thank you so much for both replies to my post.

Checking the google links now, and ty Tochjo for letting me know where the toolbar was, it now works!  Thank you!