Shoutbox

You currently have the maximum number of Contacts. - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: You currently have the maximum number of Contacts. (/showthread.php?tid=44075)

You currently have the maximum number of Contacts. by tilenrexi on 05-03-2005 at 02:03 PM

What?? :S:S

What can I do if I need ALL the contacts? Where is the limit? I've 174 contacts and now ... i have reached the maximum or something? :o

That's very very... :@:@

RE: You currently have the maximum number of Contacts. by -rafy- on 05-03-2005 at 02:19 PM

the maximum is 300.

Could be your Allow list which is at its max.

RE: You currently have the maximum number of Contacts. by Abz2k4 on 05-03-2005 at 02:19 PM

The limit on how many contacts you can have has been increased to 300 so you shouldn't be having a problem adding any more contacts if you already have 157, i have 157 also and am having no problems so this is kinda strange.. :S

RE: You currently have the maximum number of Contacts. by user27089 on 05-03-2005 at 02:22 PM

I don't see why you're having that problem, maybe some problems with the server or something?

I doubt it though, it seems fine to me, I have over 157... Maybe it just hasn't been fully upgraded at the moment...

RE: You currently have the maximum number of Contacts. by x2zen on 05-03-2005 at 03:01 PM

Are you using MessengerDiscovery?

RE: You currently have the maximum number of Contacts. by aNILEator on 05-03-2005 at 03:12 PM

what would MD have to do with the having 174 contacts?

RE: You currently have the maximum number of Contacts. by x2zen on 05-03-2005 at 03:14 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Fukafly
what would MD have to do with the having 174 contacts?
I dont know, but they have the unlimited contact list feature, maybe its a conflict, you never know
RE: You currently have the maximum number of Contacts. by tilenrexi on 05-04-2005 at 03:39 PM

Where can I increase the number in my "Allow list"? Where is it?
Now I've counted and I've exactly 176 contacts and when I connect to hotmail and write a message to somebody it says "You currently have the maximum number of Contacts. To add new Contacts you must delete existing Contacts so that the limit is not exceeded."

I just cannot understand how come, if you say that the limit is at 300?

I'm using version 7.0777 and Messenger PLUS. 

So some quick guide please, how to increase the number of allowed contacts?

thanks!

Is there ANYBODY who has more contacts than me?

It's easy to say that the limit is 300 contacts, if u have only 30 added :)

Anybody faced the same problem?
RE: You currently have the maximum number of Contacts. by mwe99 on 05-04-2005 at 03:42 PM

You can't, you could try e-mailing Microsoft about your problem to see if its a problem their side.

http://support.msn.com/contactus.aspx

RE: You currently have the maximum number of Contacts. by tilenrexi on 05-04-2005 at 04:07 PM

Thanks!

RE: RE: You currently have the maximum number of Contacts. by tilenrexi on 05-06-2005 at 05:42 PM

quote:
Hello Tilen,

Thank you for writing to MSN Messenger Technical Support. This is Joel and I will be assisting you.

I am sorry for not being able to get back to you within 24 hours. You mentioned that when you add a contact in your list you are prompted by the maximum contacts error message when you only have 176 contact in your MSN Messenger list. Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

MSN Messenger now shares address book information with MSN Hotmail. With this integration, the maximum number of combined contacts for MSN Hotmail and MSN Messenger is 1000. For MSN Messenger alone, the maximum number of contacts is 300.

If you have already reached the combined limit of 1000 in your MSN Address Book, you need to delete some contacts in your MSN Hotmail contact list to make room for MSN Messenger contacts. Once you do this, you should now be able to add new contacts in MSN Messenger.

We appreciate your patience and continued support of MSN Messenger. Should you have other concerns, please do not hesitate to write back or you may opt to use our on-line help located at: http://messenger.msn.com/help

Sincerely,

Joel
MSN Messenger Technical Support

Hmm ? :) I don't have so many... 8-)
RE: You currently have the maximum number of Contacts. by Caboose on 05-06-2005 at 06:10 PM

Hhhmmm... maybe you could clean your contact list and see if that helps? :S