Shoutbox

Command Prompt - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Command Prompt (/showthread.php?tid=44078)

Command Prompt by M73A on 05-03-2005 at 03:55 PM

in school i cant acces much but i can access the command prompt.....

is there anything useful/interesting i can do with the commnd prompt?

what id like to do is change the wallpaper. can this be done using the command prompt? i dont have access to the display settings:dodgy:

thanks....my school has RM 1.55.0.0 it sucks :dodgy:

RE: Command Prompt by Dempsey on 05-03-2005 at 03:57 PM

i dont think u can change the wallpaper using command prompt, unless someone writes a qucik little program to do it for you, so you could run it like

progname.exe "c:\path\to\pic.jpg"

or something

RE: Command Prompt by M73A on 05-03-2005 at 03:58 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Dempsey
i dont think u can change the wallpaper using command prompt, unless someone writes a qucik little program to do it for you, so you could run it like

progname.exe "c:\path\to\pic.jpg"

or something
erm, i dont have rights to run .exe files so would i be able to do that?

would anyone like to right this program? lol (A)

RE: Command Prompt by Anubis on 05-03-2005 at 04:00 PM

quote:
Originally posted by may73alliance

what id like to do is change the wallpaper. can this be done using the command prompt? i dont have access to the display settings
Not likely, if your school's network use a single profile (as most do) for all accounts and you changed the wallpaper, it would be gone the second you logged out. You can already change the wallpaper by displaying the image you wish to use on internet explorer and right clicking and going to "Set as Background" or "Set as Wallpaper".

quote:
is there anything useful/interesting i can do with the commnd prompt?
Not much, a few tweaks. But the school really won't want that. You can't do anything that actually will really make a lot of help difference to you. The best you could do is send messages across the network, which I got in trouble for once :p. I didn't know we weren't allowed to do it...Really anything you do would be an annoyance to the network admins, or against their rules, so I don't really want to say anything.
RE: Command Prompt by Jhrono on 05-03-2005 at 04:00 PM

quote:

erm, i dont have rights to run .exe files so would i be able to do that?

would anyone like to right this program? lol

every prog is .exe, .pif or anotheroneicantremember lol...if you don't have acess to them, you can't run any prog...try to hack the pc...:P
RE: Command Prompt by M73A on 05-03-2005 at 04:03 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Anubis
Not likely, if your school's network use a single profile (as most do) for all accounts and you changed the wallpaper, it would be gone the second you logged out. You can already change the wallpaper by displaying the image you wish to use on internet explorer and right clicking and going to "Set as Background" or "Set as Wallpaper".

hmmm will have to try that (y) thanks.....

quote:
Really anything you do would be an annoyance to the network admins, or against their rules, so I don't really want to say anything.
pm me about it;) lol

quote:
Originally posted by johny
try to hack the pc...
ive got a .reg file that should disable the restrictions....but i dont want to use it incase they can tell i opened it *-)     ??
RE: Command Prompt by -rafy- on 05-03-2005 at 04:07 PM

net send :P

Its what i mainly use it for at school

RE: Command Prompt by M73A on 05-03-2005 at 04:10 PM

quote:
Originally posted by -rafy-
net send :P

Its what i mainly use it for at school

tell me more:P sounds interesting, should piss my teacher off
lol
RE: RE: Command Prompt by Anubis on 05-03-2005 at 04:10 PM

quote:
Really anything you do would be an annoyance to the network admins, or against their rules, so I don't really want to say anything.
pm me about it;) lol

I'd tell on you on the forum publically, it's not violateing any rules. However network admins are just people who are doing a job, and if you are just making obsicals for them just on a novility, that is easily going to get boring. Why bother doing it? I've been banned off my school network because I downloaded a tool to let me send messages over the network, I didn't know I was doing wrong but the teacher "claimed" that he made it clear not to do it and I gotted banned off the computers for a few weeks. I really don't want the same to happen to you, it's not funny to piss around with stuff that isn't yours, get used to it!
RE: Command Prompt by M73A on 05-03-2005 at 04:12 PM

quote:
quote:
pm me about it;) lol

I'd tell on you on the forum publically, it's not violateing any rules. However network admins are just people who are doing a job, and if you are just making obsicals for them just on a novility, that is easily going to get boring. Why bother doing it? I've been banned off my school network because I downloaded a tool to let me send messages over the network, I didn't know I was doing wrong but the teacher "claimed" that he made it clear not to do it and I gotted banned off the computers for a few weeks. I really don't want the same to happen to you, it's not funny to piss around with stuff that isn't yours, get used to it!

lol, suppose.....just they suck, they dont even let you right-click the desktop:dodgy: let alone change the wallpaper
RE: Command Prompt by -rafy- on 05-03-2005 at 04:15 PM

net send lets you send messages to other computers on the network.....

I randomly send messages to people across the room :P  The meesage pops up on their screen and they start freaking out and looking around the room to see where it came from :P

NET SEND <computer name> <message>

RE: Command Prompt by M73A on 05-03-2005 at 04:18 PM

quote:
Originally posted by -rafy-
NET SEND <computer name> <message>

can i use IP?

is there a way to get a machines IP or Name? i think ipconfig /all might give the machines IP....does anyone know?

thanks
RE: Command Prompt by -rafy- on 05-03-2005 at 04:20 PM

not sure, all the computers at my school have the names on a label on the side......sort of like CLL_028 sort of thing.

RE: Command Prompt by Concord Dawn on 05-03-2005 at 04:22 PM

Use the machines hostname. Better yet, net send the domain!

net send <domain> <message>

Someone did that at my school and got in serious trouble, was funny cause then a bunch of people started doing it. Then they disabled it :dodgy:.

RE: Command Prompt by M73A on 05-03-2005 at 04:24 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Chaotic_Shield
Use the machines hostname. Better yet, net send the domain!

net send <domain> <message>

Someone did that at my school and got in serious trouble, was funny cause then a bunch of people started doing it. Then they disabled it :dodgy:.
ahh i bet its disabled then if it can be, my school hates things like this :dodgy:....

i was looking on google and saw NET SHARE...would this work?:

NET SHARE c:\

RE: Command Prompt by -rafy- on 05-03-2005 at 04:24 PM

I think thats something different.......

Tis net send. :)

RE: Command Prompt by Stigmata on 05-03-2005 at 04:32 PM

you can do anything via the command prompt.

if they havn't removed that. they they are very very very very Stupid! with a captial S!!.

some nice things you could maybe do..

here is a useful file.. (attachment)
.doc = copy and paste of command prompt stuff
.bat = run the .txt
.txt = .bat in readable form. (read this first)

please note, this disables all that rm does to ur pc :)
YOU WILL GET IN TROUBLE FOR USING IT

on the note of netsend, i made this little app to make it simpler :)
http://www.plasticangels.com/downloads/download.php?id=2

quote:
This program runs on a nt system and sends messages to logged on users on the domain. this program should work at home and at school. you can have alot of fun with the contact lists, annoymous messages, and history. this program is for fun, and if used to send a annoymous message to the teachers computer while he has the projector hooked up to the screen for all the class to see.. *wink* then its your own fault :D

oh yeh, and listen to Anubis.
I've had letters home, been banned countless times...when i have needed to get work in.

Its not big, its not clever, and only enjoyable for a while. :)

have fun :)
RE: Command Prompt by M73A on 05-03-2005 at 04:38 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Stigmata
http://www.plasticangels.com/downloads/download.php?id=2

dont work:(

quote:

have fun :)
i will :P
RE: Command Prompt by segosa on 05-03-2005 at 06:12 PM

A long time ago there was a school that used projectors to project the computer screen onto the walls, and this was used to teach students.

It was an insecure network and one smart guy decided to use "net send" and send a message to someone on the network.

The message was "jenny fucked sam in the toilets at lunch", and it was during classtime. However, whilst writing it he accidentally screwed up the destination computer, and it sent it to every computer in the school, including those who were having lessons in the classrooms at the time so they saw it projected onto the screen.

RE: Command Prompt by Stigmata on 05-03-2005 at 06:16 PM

^^

write * as the username :)

that will send to all users on network :)

RE: Command Prompt by Anubis on 05-03-2005 at 06:17 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Segosa

he accidentally screwed up the destination computer, and it sent it to every computer in the school, including those who were having lessons in the classrooms at the time so they saw it projected onto the screen.
That reminds me, that if you do use Stigmata's domain messenger (which I suggest you don't) please be warned that if you send a message to * the message will be sent to every computer, PDA or laptop on the network. Also if they see your messages, even with anonymous, they can see what computer it was sent from.
RE: Command Prompt by Anubis on 05-03-2005 at 06:21 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Hobbes

Segosa I dought that was true. Its impossible to mess up a destination computer to every computers :/
No it isn't. Just instead of putting in a destination username or IP address type in * That works in Stigmata's program, and also I believe, the netsend command.
RE: Command Prompt by Stigmata on 05-03-2005 at 06:22 PM

my program just calls the same function as netsend does..

same thing. :)

RE: Command Prompt by Concord Dawn on 05-03-2005 at 06:37 PM

quote:

Meh, why would you want a batch file to do a net send? :dodgy:
RE: Command Prompt by mwe99 on 05-03-2005 at 06:47 PM

We use netsend all the time at college, whenever * is used all you see is a team of teachers running to the PC, in which time the user is logged off, but the log's kept :refuck:

There's a program to do net send automatically that someone created, you just input destination and message then send its for you.

RE: Command Prompt by segosa on 05-03-2005 at 07:21 PM

Back in my n00b days I made a net send bomber to piss off the kiddies at my school who found it fun to net send at break.

[Image: netbomb.png]

I attached it if anyone wants to play with it ;o

RE: Command Prompt by M73A on 05-03-2005 at 07:28 PM

quote:
Back in my n00b days I made a net send bomber to piss off the kiddies at my school who found it fun to net send at break.

THANKS
(Y)

will def use this:P

RE: Command Prompt by Stigmata on 05-03-2005 at 07:35 PM

quote:
quote:

i didnt... NOOB :D

RE: RE: Command Prompt by Anubis on 05-03-2005 at 07:47 PM

quote:
THANKS
(Y)

will def use this:P

I don't think you realise that you will get found out somehow for using this. And all you are going to do is start trouble with your network admins and end up in trouble. What for, 10 seconds of fun? Is it really worth it?
RE: Command Prompt by Concord Dawn on 05-04-2005 at 03:45 AM

quote:
I don't think you realise that you will get found out somehow for using this. And all you are going to do is start trouble with your network admins and end up in trouble. What for, 10 seconds of fun? Is it really worth it?

Yes.

quote:

Your program doesn't show errors.
RE: Command Prompt by segosa on 05-04-2005 at 06:11 AM

quote:
quote:

Yes.

quote:

And it was meant to...? wtf.
RE: Command Prompt by Stigmata on 05-04-2005 at 06:14 AM

quote:
quote:

Yes.

quote:

i feel i have to say it again:

quote:
quote:
quote:

Change i didnt to it shouldn't
RE: Command Prompt by segosa on 05-04-2005 at 06:50 AM

quote:
quote:
quote:

Yes.

quote:

i feel i have to say it again:

quote:
quote:
quote:

Change i didnt to it shouldn't

You make no sense. People I've linked your post to have said they don't know either what the hell you're on about. Learn how to make yourself understood, kthx.
RE: Command Prompt by Supersonicdarky on 05-04-2005 at 07:53 PM

is there a way of chatting in command prompt? not just sending seperate messages but actually chat like in MSN?

RE: Command Prompt by mwe99 on 05-04-2005 at 08:15 PM

quote:
Originally posted by supersonicdarky
is there a way of chatting in command prompt? not just sending seperate messages but actually chat like in MSN

not that i know of, the only way you could chat is netsend replies but its not really in real time

RE: RE: Command Prompt by BigTrev on 05-04-2005 at 10:52 PM

quote:
is there a way of chatting in command prompt? not just sending seperate messages but actually chat like in MSN?

If you can get in to the <drive>:\WINDOWS\system32 folder then use program called "winchat"  its a chat room that you will be able to talk with others on the network.
RE: Command Prompt by Dempsey on 05-04-2005 at 10:55 PM

or if its installed, you can use WinPopUp, but i think thats only on Windows 9x, not sure

RE: Command Prompt by Chris4 on 05-04-2005 at 11:11 PM

I wish my school computers could get onto command prompt.
They can't do anything :(

Blocked .exe extensions
can't right click
can't create background
can't go to start > run
and the list goes on and on..

So annoying :(

I'll try the RM Reg. changer..

Is it possible to get the 'net bomber' in any other file extension other than .exe ?

RE: Command Prompt by Ezra on 05-05-2005 at 12:03 AM

lol, we can do a lot on our network, but it's very secure too...

But I know a way to make a local admin :D

So, i'm the king of the n00bs from my class :P

RE: RE: RE: Command Prompt by Supersonicdarky on 05-05-2005 at 02:02 AM

quote:
Originally posted by BigTrev
quote:

If you can get in to the <drive>:\WINDOWS\system32 folder then use program called "winchat"  its a chat room that you will be able to talk with others on the network.

All pcs there are Windows 98, most SE, except one is windows xp, but i never use it
RE: Command Prompt by CookieRevised on 05-05-2005 at 02:35 AM

ermmm... note that almost all set restrictions in Windows are also automatically for the command prompt (as the command prompt is nothing more then a Windows program itself).

quote:
ive got a .reg file that should disable the restrictions....but i dont want to use it incase they can tell i opened it *-) ??
Also, anything you can do with the command prompt is done by executing programs and commands. This means that it is also wrong to assume that you can use a .REG file if you can't run executables, as the .REG needs to be parsed by a program (namely REGEDIT.EXE) to be usefull...
quote:
If you have a command line chat program and your chat buddies have it also, then yes; simple as that. But understand that such chat programs work the same as with Windows programs, only the GUI will be a bit "uglier". This means as soon as you start the chat program, you launch/use another program and you don't have the command line prompt anymore until you quit the program. Literally chatting at the command prompt doesn't exist because it is completely useless and inpractical.

(No there doesn't exist any command line msn messenger client.)