Shoutbox

Auto Status - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Bug Reports (/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+----- Thread: Auto Status (/showthread.php?tid=44101)

Auto Status by the_sk8_dude on 05-04-2005 at 01:20 AM

Not really a bug but didn't no where else to put this and I'd like to see it sorted out....

Anyway, I like to set myself as Busy when watching a DVD as I have the option enabled where it stops all sounds when your busy, but everytime I want to do this I have to turn off the 'Auto Status after inactivity' function, as after 15mins it changes me to Away and then I get annoying Messenger sounds interupting my film!

Can you please sort it so it dosn't change if your status is Busy. Or at least stick a tick box in the preferences for Plus! so you can stop this.

Oh forgot to mention: Latest version of Messenger and Plus! to date of post

RE: Auto Status by mwe99 on 05-04-2005 at 01:57 AM

Firstly disable the MSN sounds and secondly just make sure the sound options are set to "do not receive sounds when my status is busy" thats shouls stop the sounds.

If youre watching a DVD why not consider using the boss protection mode to hide MSN?

RE: Auto Status by Supersonicdarky on 05-04-2005 at 01:59 AM

or maybe muting or unplugging your speakers, isn't that a little obvious? (and easy?)
(just for that time, if it continues after restarting and the top post doesn't help, then you have a problem)

RE: Auto Status by mwe99 on 05-04-2005 at 02:17 AM

quote:
Originally posted by supersonicdarky
or maybe muting or unplugging your speakers, isn't that a little obvious? (and easy?)

Yeah, but he's trying to watch/listen to a DVD

RE: Auto Status by Concord Dawn on 05-04-2005 at 03:38 AM

Just disable the option to be honest.

RE: Auto Status by the_sk8_dude on 05-04-2005 at 05:28 PM

I get what your all sayin, but don't wanna use boss protection cus then I can't see if anyone does sign in.

Don't wanna have to completely disable the sounds everytime I watch sumthin. I want it to do sumthin simple, like set myself to busy and stay that way instead of Auto status setting me Away every 15mins. and I don't wanna keep disabling that everytime I watch sumthin cus I find that really handy when I do disapear for 15mins or so.

Un-plug the speakers, are you stupid? Cheers for the thort tho!!

Was just a thort for the next release, as I imagine it can't be hard to do.

All it is another line in the 'Auto change stautus' command in the program saying if status is Busy do not change status.