Shoutbox

msn "my space" button missing, search bar missing - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: msn "my space" button missing, search bar missing (/showthread.php?tid=44124)

msn "my space" button missing, search bar missing by Gede on 05-04-2005 at 03:03 PM

Hello everyone,

Yesterday I turned off my computer, and everything seemed to be allright with msn.
Today I opened my msn messenger, and I could see some buttons were missing.
I don't have "my space" button anymore, neither my "search bar" below in my contact list. Also I don't see my sections (on the left side of my contact list) anymore.
I can't access the webspace of my contacts neither.
Plz help me...
I made a system restore, uninstalled msn and msn plus, installed it back... but nothing changed.:(

RE: msn "my space" button missing, search bar missing by mwe99 on 05-04-2005 at 03:06 PM

Check your system version and repost please. Help> About MSN
Did you have any plug ins installed too?

RE: msn "my space" button missing, search bar missing by absorbation on 05-04-2005 at 03:07 PM

Did you use a patch, have you tryed exiting msn fully and reopening it :P

RE: msn "my space" button missing, search bar missing by Sunshine on 05-04-2005 at 03:09 PM

Have you patched MSNM in any way? Did you change anything?

Anyways what you could try is a clean install of MSNM:
- uninstall
- reboot
- remove remaining folders pointing towards MSN Messenger in program files folder
- reinstall

Note: If you haven't changed anything at all it could be a serverside thing. In that case a clean install won't help either, they should come back by itself.

RE: msn "my space" button missing, search bar missing by Gede on 05-04-2005 at 03:28 PM

I did everything I thought I had to do.
Uninstall msn, msn plus and plugins (Plugstuff, nickcolor and filetransfer). Deleted all folders except MSN GAMINS ZONE, and I rebooted my pc. I also deleted all file in my prefetch folder, and cleaned my registery...
Nothing has changed tho....

RE: msn "my space" button missing, search bar missing by mwe99 on 05-04-2005 at 03:36 PM

Could you post a screen shot of the msn window?

Press print screen, paste into paint, save it, go to www.imageshack.us and upload it then copy for the forum code one into a post. Just so we can see

RE: msn "my space" button missing, search bar missing by Zephyr on 05-04-2005 at 04:07 PM

I'm pretty sure it's a server issue. Sometimes it takes a while for the spaces button to appear and the search button for me.

RE: msn "my space" button missing, search bar missing by Gede on 05-04-2005 at 05:15 PM

Here is my screenshot.
[Image: msnmyspacemissing5ra.th.jpg]
or here,
[img=http://img43.echo.cx/img43/9959/msnmyspacemissing5ra.th.jpg]
My wife told me she has not problem with her msn on her computer. She's on the same connection as mine, so what's the problem ??? I don't know :(

RE: msn "my space" button missing, search bar missing by zach on 05-06-2005 at 09:29 AM

It might have something to do with what country your hotmail account is set to.

But since you say "... don't have them anymore", it probably doesn't...

RE: msn "my space" button missing, search bar missing by RaceProUK on 05-06-2005 at 10:08 AM

Make the window wider possibly?

RE: msn "my space" button missing, search bar missing by Gede on 05-06-2005 at 01:36 PM

Hm nothing to do with the country I think, since my wife msn messenger (on her pc) has no problem. It has probably to do with my own pc...
I still hope someone can help me and already encounter the same problem but could solve it...

quote:
Originally posted by Calvin
this used to happen to me when using BETA's

it should go away once you exit msn and re open it

I shut off my pc each night, so I reopen my msn each morning, but it's still the same crapy problem...
Thx anyway
RE: msn "my space" button missing, search bar missing by RaceProUK on 05-06-2005 at 03:55 PM

Have you actually got an MSN Space? If not, that may be why it doesn't appear.

RE: RE: msn "my space" button missing, search bar missing by Gede on 05-06-2005 at 08:41 PM

quote:
Originally posted by raceprouk
Have you actually got an MSN Space? If not, that may be why it doesn't appear.

Yeah I have an MSN Space already. And even if I didn't have one, that doesn't explain why I can't access the MSN Space of my contacts aside the fact I don't have my "my space" button anymore since a few days...
RE: msn "my space" button missing, search bar missing by jren207 on 05-06-2005 at 10:07 PM

When you click the games button in a conversation window, does it say temporarely unavailable?

RE: RE: msn "my space" button missing, search bar missing by Gede on 05-06-2005 at 10:15 PM

quote:
Originally posted by jren207
When you click the games button in a conversation window, does it say temporarely unavailable?

Yes it does. When I click on the games button it says "temporary unavailable"^o)
RE: msn "my space" button missing, search bar missing by Shezi on 05-06-2005 at 10:27 PM

hey guys... i got the same problem a year before and still facing it.. :P i did all the things, all the tricks, but no change.. :s if anyone know the proper solution then plz help us.. :)

well Gede did u ever used tabserv patch... i think i had this problem because of tabserv.. and tried every thing what i can but did not fix this problem....

RE: msn "my space" button missing, search bar missing by jren207 on 05-06-2005 at 10:32 PM

Don't worry, I can't see games either...

My MSN did what yours is doing (no tabs etc.)

Also you know when you click on the smileys button and there's usually the "Whats hot" section, that didn't load as well.

But like later on when I signed in and out, stuff re-appeared. I never patched MSN except for having Plus! installed.

I think it's to do with when MSN can't get the extra "Promotional/External" stuff, although it can connect to the messenger service for sending messages.

RE: RE: msn "my space" button missing, search bar missing by Gede on 05-06-2005 at 10:47 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Shezi

well Gede did u ever used tabserv patch... i think i had this problem because of tabserv.. and tried every thing what i can but did not fix this problem....

Nope, I never used tabserv. I didn't change anything since, suddenly everything became crapy.
Something I can understand, is that my wife, under the same IP, same connection, but another PC, doesn't have any problems...

If it doesn't change or if I don't have any solution from forums, I am meaning to format... I had to do it anyway....

Did u already try to format your pc, Shezi ?

quote:
Originally posted by jren207
Don't worry, I can't see games either...

My MSN did what yours is doing (no tabs etc.)

Also you know when you click on the smileys button and there's usually the "Whats hot" section, that didn't load as well.

But like later on when I signed in and out, stuff re-appeared. I never patched MSN except for having Plus! installed.

I think it's to do with when MSN can't get the extra "Promotional/External" stuff, although it can connect to the messenger service for sending messages.

Thx for your answer jren207. I'm already less worried...
I will wait a while to see what it happens... and then I will take my decision...
RE: msn "my space" button missing, search bar missing by bazzo9 on 05-07-2005 at 04:24 PM

mess.be patch?

RE: msn "my space" button missing, search bar missing by Gede on 05-07-2005 at 04:30 PM

Nope, no mess.be patch.
My only plug in are "messenger plus" and "Stuffplug"
I never had problem with them before... :(

RE: msn "my space" button missing, search bar missing by ProblemWv Authority on 05-07-2005 at 04:43 PM

I had this/or a simular problem. Another thing was the "Get More From MSN Messenger..." option and others doesn't show up in the Actions drop down menu.

It only happened to me every now and again. This doesn't happen to me any more though and I don't know what stopped it. Do you have .0777 or .0813? maybe you should try upgrading and see if it makes a difference. Sorry I couldn't be much help.

RE: RE: msn "my space" button missing, search bar missing by CookieRevised on 05-07-2005 at 04:54 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Gede
Hm nothing to do with the country I think, since my wife msn messenger (on her pc) has no problem. It has probably to do with my own pc...
by "country" the people don't mean the country you live in but the country set in your .NET Pasport. This can be different for each account and of course different then your real life country (although it is supposed to be the same).

Also the things you speak of are server related (aka live content) and thus can be turned off/on by MSN itself depending on your personal settings in your .NET Passport. It is known that in some countries set in your .NET Passport profile, those options are not available or are having troubles...

So check your profile with the one from your wife: https://register.passport.net/editprof.srf
RE: RE: msn "my space" button missing, search bar missing by Gede on 05-07-2005 at 07:05 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ProblemWv Authority
I had this/or a simular problem. Another thing was the "Get More From MSN Messenger..." option and others doesn't show up in the Actions drop down menu.

It only happened to me every now and again. This doesn't happen to me any more though and I don't know what stopped it. Do you have .0777 or .0813? maybe you should try upgrading and see if it makes a difference. Sorry I couldn't be much help.

Each help is appreciated even it's not much ;). I don't have msn 0.813 tho, since my natural langage is french and msn doesn't seem to have made an update to 0.813 for the french version.
I still have the .0777.
Thx anyway
RE: msn "my space" button missing, search bar missing by Shezi on 05-07-2005 at 10:27 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Gede
Every help is appreciated even it's not much ;). I don't have msn 0.813 tho, since my natural langage is french and msn doesn't seem to have make an update to 0.813 for the french version.
I still have the .0777.
Thx anyway
well my msn msngr ur updated but stull getting the problem... and i think i will have to learn to lead my life with my crapy msngr account.. :P

RE: msn "my space" button missing, search bar missing by jren207 on 05-08-2005 at 04:31 PM

[Image: attachment.php?pid=457597]

argh, mine has done it now ^o)

EDIT: ok, i signed in and out a little later on and it's ok now...

RE: msn "my space" button missing, search bar missing by Gede on 05-15-2005 at 01:44 PM

Hi everyone,
I just wanted to tell u everything is back all right. I can now see the "my space" button, and my tabs...
I guess it was the msn messenger network services...
It has nothing to do with my own PC.
Thx everyone for its help. Have a nice day :D