Shoutbox

adobe photoshop - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: adobe photoshop (/showthread.php?tid=44150)

adobe photoshop by user44571 on 05-04-2005 at 11:20 PM

hey
my download for adobe photoshop cs 8 has finished, when it was done it was in a zip file so i opened it, there were lots of other files in there so i opened the one called "setup.exe" but then i got the error "cannot install: SETUP or INSTALL program filename contains folder information. Use Actions/checkout instead.

what does that mean :P

RE: adobe photoshop by banky on 05-04-2005 at 11:23 PM

adobe photoshop CS 8 ? doesn't exist it should be Adobe Photoshop cs 1 or 2 and if it was in a zip file i wouldn't trust it i would download it from somewhere else like the offical site.

RE: adobe photoshop by user44571 on 05-04-2005 at 11:28 PM

never mind, Tasha told me to download it lastnight and in the read me it says its only compatible with windows  2000 and above ¬¬

RE: adobe photoshop by banky on 05-04-2005 at 11:31 PM

oh.. what OS are you running?

RE: adobe photoshop by user44571 on 05-04-2005 at 11:38 PM

windows 98 SE
the next time i go to the city im getting an 80 gig HDD so that i can install xp on it

RE: adobe photoshop by Caboose on 05-05-2005 at 03:39 AM

I'm not sure, but maybe GIMPshop will work.

RE: adobe photoshop by Purity on 05-05-2005 at 04:22 AM

He was talking about photoshop 8 also known as CS... :-/:P

RE: adobe photoshop by user44571 on 05-05-2005 at 10:55 AM

bleh, limewire juts said adobe photoshop cs 8 so i just presumed thats what it was called :P

RE: adobe photoshop by CookieRevised on 05-05-2005 at 02:40 PM

Besides all the things said about it being illegal of what you're doing, and that you're far better of in downloading the trial version of the official site...

quote:
Originally posted by Calvin
hey
my download for adobe photoshop cs 8 has finished, when it was done it was in a zip file so i opened it, there were lots of other files in there so i opened the one called "setup.exe" but then i got the error "cannot install: SETUP or INSTALL program filename contains folder information. Use Actions/checkout instead.

what does that mean :P
it means that you never should run a program from inside an archive. This will almost never work!

An archive is a simple "stupid" single file which Windows doesn't know how to handle, it is not a folder where everything is directly accessible by Windows.

(^^ this is basic and proper Windows knowledge btw)

Unzip the complete archive first or use the "checkout" instead which will do this for you automatically...
RE: adobe photoshop by ~INVASION~ on 05-05-2005 at 06:17 PM

dont trust any executables or download from limewire, first off illegal, get a trial and crack it if u want, no gonna say how not allowed :P

or u know u can buy it :cheesy:

oh and you dont need an 80gb hd to run xp.....i only got 40 and xp works fine :undecided:

RE: adobe photoshop by rav0 on 05-07-2005 at 04:57 AM

Long way:
In WinZip, make sure that no files/folders are selected, then click extract. Pick a folder to extract to and make sure you choose to keep directory structure. Then run setup.exe from where you extracted it.

Short way:
Get WinRAR (direct link here), open the zip, run setup.exe.

Q. When was using P2P applications like LimeWire ever illegal? ^o)
A. Never.

Perhaps Calvin wanted to install Windows XP on a new drive so he could keep his old data, or becaause his new drive will be faster.

RE: adobe photoshop by Dane on 05-07-2005 at 05:03 AM

quote:
Originally posted by rav0

Q. When was using P2P applications like LimeWire ever illegal? ^o)
A. Never.

Perhaps Calvin wanted to install Windows XP on a new drive so he could keep his old data, or becaause his new drive will be faster.

Erm, it is illegal for what he is using it for.  Pirating Adobe Photoshop CS8, tbh.