Shoutbox

serious problem with msgplus. please help - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: serious problem with msgplus. please help (/showthread.php?tid=44152)

serious problem with msgplus. please help by Sally on 05-04-2005 at 11:49 PM

I can no longer message anyone after installing msgPlus.  whenever I double-click on someone and try to message him, there would be a pop up saying "we were unable to start a conversation with ________. you may want to try again."  Also, I cannot receive any messages from other people.  I have tried to fix this by unistalling msg plus AND msn7 and reinstall them but the problem was solved.  Can anyone help?

THANK YOU

i mean, the problem was NOT solved.  sorry there was a typo.

RE: serious problem with msgplus. please help by Menthix on 05-05-2005 at 12:14 AM

This is most likely caused by the handwriting plugin, but in that case you should not have the problem when you completely removed Messenger Plus!. Make sure you remove all the Plus! settings when you un-install Messenger Plus! and reboot your PC after it.

Did you try it when Messenger Plus! wasn’t installed on your system?

Did you install any other plugins beside Messenger Plus? If so, disable them all to see what is causing the problem.

If that still doesn’t help: tell us which Windows version you use, exact MSN Messenger version, Messenger Plus! version, and which other MSN plugins/addons if you have any?

RE: serious problem with msgplus. please help by Sally on 05-05-2005 at 01:04 AM

yes thank you so much.  My problem is all solved now and I can finally use msn again =)    I realized that I missed the handwriting plugin that came seperately from msg plus.  i installed it a long time ago but the problem occured after installation of msg plus. 
so i just un-installed the handwriting plugin and reinstalled msn.