Shoutbox

I gotta install Messenger Plus over & over when restarting my PC! - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: I gotta install Messenger Plus over & over when restarting my PC! (/showthread.php?tid=44179)

I gotta install Messenger Plus over & over when restarting my PC! by Wow on 05-05-2005 at 12:49 PM

Please Help me, I dunno what is the problem, I installed it like 2 weeks ago and everytime I restart my PC Messenger Plus is gone, MSN is still there but its not the plus verison, even though Messenger Plus is on my programme list and when I press on it, it says u need to install the programme.
Anyone please help, this is so annoying!

RE: I gotta install Messenger Plus over & over when restarting my PC! by Sypher on 05-05-2005 at 01:17 PM

We need some more information... (and time)...

Not everyone is 24/7 online :)

But... Tell us something about your pc, windows, plus and msn version, firewalls.. virusscanners... etc...

RE: I gotta install Messenger Plus over & over when restarting my PC! by brian on 05-05-2005 at 01:41 PM

Do you run Windows 98? There is a problem with it. No matter howmuch he reinstalls it wont work.

original post

quote:
Originally posted by Kryptonate
You say you have Plus! installed buty you don't see the "Plus!" section anywhere in msn messenger right? I don't know if it's a problem with the administrators or not because a friend of me has got the same problem and uses windows 98. No mather how many time he installs , uninstalls, reinstalls it :-/.

In the same thread, could be not installing using a user without admin privilages. That's how the problem was solved in the above thread.
RE: I gotta install Messenger Plus over & over when restarting my PC! by Sir Crow on 05-05-2005 at 07:35 PM

I too have the same problem. I have Windows XP, signed on as administrator, have the latest MSN and Messenger Plus I use avast antivirus. I have tried the alternate mode in plus too but this failed as well. The only thing I could guess at is adaware or/and ad-watch (component of adaware) it seems after I have used ad-watch the next I reboot plus is missing. It's starting to get annoying and as Messenger Plus is supposed to be free of spyware/malware I find it confusing why ad-watch could interfere. I don't want to uninstall Messenger Plus as I have a good laugh with it but at the same time I won't stop using ad-watch so I might have to ditch the plus. Any ideas?:S

RE: I gotta install Messenger Plus over & over when restarting my PC! by Anubis on 05-05-2005 at 07:47 PM

Try this.
Main Messenger Window > Plus > Preferences > General Options (should automatically be displayed) > Miscillanious > At the bottom select "Default Mode - Forced" as is shown here;
[Image: attachment.php?pid=455719]
Then Click OK or Apply.

If that doesn't work Uninstall MSN Messenger, and Messenger Plus (Start > Control Panel > Add/Remove programs, both are listed there). After both are uninstalled, reboot your computer and download and install them both again.

RE: I gotta install Messenger Plus over & over when restarting my PC! by Patchou on 05-06-2005 at 03:36 AM

Try Alternate Mode first in you're running Windows 2000/XP.

RE: I gotta install Messenger Plus over & over when restarting my PC! by Wow on 05-06-2005 at 02:35 PM

thankx :)

I got Windows 2000 XP and I just tried to do the directons u told me to but on messenger mode method I can't change anything coz its not activated when I press on it, it won't let me!

RE: I gotta install Messenger Plus over & over when restarting my PC! by Sunshine on 05-06-2005 at 03:54 PM

What do you mean exactly with "won't let me"? Is "Alternate" in that dropdown box..what exactly is it it won't let you do?

RE: I gotta install Messenger Plus over & over when restarting my PC! by Wow on 05-07-2005 at 12:53 PM

I mean that the box where the arrow is pointin at like on that thing that posted is not activated its not white likeits shown its grey and it won't let me change the setting of it!

RE: I gotta install Messenger Plus over & over when restarting my PC! by Anubis on 05-07-2005 at 01:20 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Wow
I mean that the box where the arrow is pointin at like on that thing that posted is not activated its not white likeits shown its grey and it won't let me change the setting of it!

Ok, since that didn't work I suggest you uninstall MSN Messenger, and Messenger Plus (Start > Control Panel > Add/Remove programs, both are listed there). Click Change\Remove on both and follow the uninstallers of both. After both are uninstalled, reboot your computer, and download and install them both again. If that doesn't fix the main problem, does it at least now let you change the setting to Alternate mode or Default Mode - Forced. Like in the screenshot?
RE: I gotta install Messenger Plus over & over when restarting my PC! by Wow on 05-12-2005 at 01:15 PM

oh! ok thankx
I will try it tommorow!

RE: I gotta install Messenger Plus over & over when restarting my PC! by Wow on 05-13-2005 at 01:14 PM

I figured out the problem :p I use a laptop and it has 5 different accounts, my account is not the main laptop, my dad's one is and he doesn't use it coz he got his own laptop. Anyways so I installed Messenger Plus on his account and put the settins on forced then shut the laptop and restarted it, now Messenger Plus is visible but I can't change the settings to put it on forced on my account but it is visiable now coz it setted already on my dad's account :D