Shoutbox

"What I'm Listening To" - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: "What I'm Listening To" (/showthread.php?tid=44181)

"What I'm Listening To" by bladiebla on 05-05-2005 at 02:43 PM

The msn music thingy, "what i'm listening to" isnt working! none of myf riends can see what music im listening to.
Yes, i do have it turned on. Yes im playing my music from windows media player...

help meee

RE: "What I'm Listening To" by Menthix on 05-05-2005 at 02:57 PM

Make sure you use Media Player 10, any older version won't work.

And the "MSN Messenger Music Plugin" must be enabled in Media Player. To enable this plugin...

- Start Media Player
- See if you can find the "Tools" menu anywhere, if you can't find it... press the triangle facing downwards next to the minimize button
- Press the "Tools" menu and select "Plug-ins"
- Make sure there is a checkmark in front of "MSN Messenger Music Plugin" so it's enabled
- After that turn on  "What I'm Listening To" in MSN and play some music files with media player, it should work.

RE: "What I'm Listening To" by benjyrama on 05-05-2005 at 07:06 PM

this has happened to me too and have followed MenthiX instructions to no avail. I've even reinstalled MSN Messenger.

RE: "What I'm Listening To" by Destruction on 05-05-2005 at 07:18 PM

Make sure you have ticked the 'turn on "what i'm listening to" ' function on msn messenger. If you don't know how then double click the msn messenger icon in the system tray and at the top below your friendly name is a down arrow click it and then select 'turn on...'

And in the options make sure you have ticked the box that says 'show song information from media player...'

Close windows messenger and re open and play a song, see what happens.

RE: "What I'm Listening To" by benjyrama on 05-05-2005 at 07:19 PM

dun that, and most of the obvious stuff that the "help" thing ses

RE: "What I'm Listening To" by PureLegend on 05-05-2005 at 07:22 PM

I've sorta had problems like that.

Try changing your personal message, or leaving it blank.

RE: "What I'm Listening To" by Cee-estee on 05-06-2005 at 01:32 AM

I'm trying to get it working with Winamp, but it won't do anything. And  yes, I have tried everything in this topic. Anything else I could try?