Shoutbox

Emoticons on nickname are gone when Personalised status is on - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Bug Reports (/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+----- Thread: Emoticons on nickname are gone when Personalised status is on (/showthread.php?tid=44216)

Emoticons on nickname are gone when Personalised status is on by Fredzz on 05-05-2005 at 10:15 PM

Ok this has been bothering me! Dont misunderstood what im trying to say.

Simple and easy: When online, in a conversation emoticons show on my nick. When i have a personalised status with a "name tag for new status" emoticons are replaced for their shortcuts!

This have happened with previous versions too! How can i deactivate it and keep my emoticons on nick when a personalised status is active?
Check image..

[Image: attachment.php?pid=455840]

RE: Emoticons on nickname are gone when Personalised status is on by matty on 05-06-2005 at 12:33 AM

From what I can remember its because Plus! parses the text within the {} thus MSN Messenger cannot parse the name and put in the emoticons (Plus! does it first). I also find it funny that you blurred out your DP in the first image but not on the second one. HAHAHAHA!

RE: Emoticons on nickname are gone when Personalised status is on by Fredzz on 05-06-2005 at 11:40 AM

Matty: :rofl: i was like, lol, i can't forget to blur the second one or i woul d be an idiot! and now i was like.. what?? eheh..

Anyway Plus! parses the text within the {} , but my emoticons are before the {DND - Do not Fu**ing Disturb}

Because my nick was only :|:(({)(L)(&)   .The emoticons are my nick, and then in FRONT of it, comes the Status. Do you mean within, like inside the { } or inside and after? Because the emoticons come before the status, and not inside the status!

RE: Emoticons on nickname are gone when Personalised status is on by Matti on 05-06-2005 at 12:00 PM

Ur problem is that u're using the icon ({).
That icon uses an {-character, which causes the problem: Messenger Plus! thinks: "Hey! I have to use that as the personal status!"
If u type text after ur ({), it will be gray because it's part of ur personal status!

In short, delete that ({) icon and it will be okay! ;)

RE: Emoticons on nickname are gone when Personalised status is on by Fredzz on 05-06-2005 at 01:36 PM

hmm i got what you mean but it still didnt work

Even with only one emoticon, it wont work! and its not only with me.. it just happened to someone come talk to me and he also was away and his smile was gone

[Image: attachment.php?pid=456096]

Whats the problem?  :(

RE: Emoticons on nickname are gone when Personalised status is on by Jhrono on 05-07-2005 at 03:20 PM

Fred's right...i think patch should try to change this..not having the emos in the nick get's kinda ugly:S

RE: Emoticons on nickname are gone when Personalised status is on by Fredzz on 05-15-2005 at 12:00 AM

BUMP! you guys arent goin to fix this? :S

RE: Emoticons on nickname are gone when Personalised status is on by dylan! on 05-15-2005 at 12:04 AM

i had the same problem until today when i got tired of everything and just reinstalled msn messenger PLUS! and stuffplug ng and it fixed it...you should try:P

RE: Emoticons on nickname are gone when Personalised status is on by Delta on 05-15-2005 at 12:36 AM

Yeah I used to wonder this too, Plus always worked fine for me, however as soon as I installed the Stuffplug NG plugin it screwed with it, and Stuffplug NG Never did anything it said it would so I just uninstalled Stuffplug NG and I had my nicks back even in Personal status mode...so maybe check if you have Stuffplug NG installed

Dont get "Stuffplug" confused with "Stuffplug NG" they are two different plugins and "Stuffplug" works just fine for me :)

Hope this helps ;)

RE: Emoticons on nickname are gone when Personalised status is on by saralk on 05-15-2005 at 08:45 AM

Its a limitation of Messenger Plus, and the problem can't be fixed.

RE: RE: Emoticons on nickname are gone when Personalised status is on by Fredzz on 05-16-2005 at 01:05 PM

quote:
Originally posted by saralk
Its a limitation of Messenger Plus, and the problem can't be fixed.

why are they saying they fixed it then? :S