Shoutbox

Now the contest is over - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: Forum & Website (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+----- Thread: Now the contest is over (/showthread.php?tid=44226)

Now the contest is over by KeyStorm on 05-06-2005 at 09:50 AM

I'd be glad to see some stats about hits and points if possible. To see if the idea has really engaged many people and if it caused the expected publicity on MsgPlus.

As long as they're not secret. :P

8-|

RE: Now the contest is over by user27089 on 05-06-2005 at 09:51 AM

Yeah, it would be good to see some, I don't know how many people I referred actually :s...

RE: Now the contest is over by Ahmad on 05-06-2005 at 09:53 AM

my id number was 181 and i'd like to know how many people downloaded msgplus! from my link if that's possible, thanks

RE: Now the contest is over by Dempsey on 05-06-2005 at 09:57 AM

Yea I'm sure Patchou said that after the competition we could find out

RE: Now the contest is over by Yousef on 05-06-2005 at 10:02 AM

I'd like to know as well, must be a few thousand for me :)

RE: Now the contest is over by Pr0xY on 05-06-2005 at 10:38 PM

The main reason we couldn't see our stats before was because it could lead to figuring out ways of cheating.  I don't see why we shouldn't be able to view the stats now. 

RE: Now the contest is over by Y2Pdogg on 05-07-2005 at 02:18 AM

I would love to see how many I got. I think I got around 5-6 lol probably why I didn't win anything.

My next question is: When's the next contest? :P

RE: Now the contest is over by -rafy- on 05-07-2005 at 02:50 AM

Yes I would be very interested to know as well..

Fraisie told me that i had "a lot"

RE: Now the contest is over by DJeX on 05-07-2005 at 03:11 AM

I'd like to know also.

RE: Now the contest is over by CookieRevised on 05-07-2005 at 11:00 AM

tbh, I'm curious how many hits the winners got.

I don't wanna know how many I got though... I knew I had no chance at all with those one or two clicks compared to the winners who have major sites which are visisted dayly by thousands of visitors...

It was only logical that the hosts of such sites would be the winners of the PSP's...

RE: Now the contest is over by -rafy- on 05-07-2005 at 11:11 AM

*me is psp winner

and well tbh i have no idea how i *apparently* got so many...

I only put it as the sig on a few forums and on my msn display name.....

But didnt each time it was clicked only give you another CHANCE in the draw?

but yeah would be nice to see how many the winners got at least.....(at list of all 110000 people would be a bit over the top :P)

RE: Now the contest is over by Yousef on 05-07-2005 at 11:15 AM

Didn't you put a banner or something on www.bot2k3.net? I don't know how many visitors that site gets..

RE: Now the contest is over by absorbation on 05-07-2005 at 11:23 AM

I really would like to know how many i got, please can you post some stats about it or have a script where we can check please :)

RE: Now the contest is over by CookieRevised on 05-07-2005 at 12:31 PM

quote:
Originally posted by -rafy-
But didnt each time it was clicked only give you another CHANCE in the draw?
yes, you got another chance (when they downloaded messenger plus!, not just by clicking).

But if a random number is picked from a list which contains 1000 entries from 1 person and 5 entries from another person, the chance that the person with 1000 entries wins is very huge (there is always an extremely small chance that the person with 1 entry wins of course).

(btw: I'm not complaining though. Just stating that it is very obvious that those with huge visited sites, had a very big chance in winning ;))
RE: Now the contest is over by Pr0xY on 05-11-2005 at 06:09 PM

It's been a while and I haven't heard/seen anything more about this.  Patchou are we going to be able to view the contest stats? Please.....

RE: Now the contest is over by Pr0xY on 05-29-2005 at 02:54 PM

*Bump*

Patchou, Fraisie, I think this is something we'd still like to see.  Atleast give us a response. 

RE: Now the contest is over by Omar on 05-29-2005 at 03:16 PM

I dont think that info should be made available to the general public... is like if the lottery published the list of of who bought tickets...

the fact is that you guys didnt won (except rafy)

so accept it and move on...

RE: Now the contest is over by Pr0xY on 05-31-2005 at 04:06 AM

If they decide its not the business of the general public then fine, but let them decide and say it. 

We OBVIOUSLY know we didn't win (except rafy),  I dont think any of us need to "accept it and move on", considering it really wasn't that big of a deal.  You talk like it was a HUGE divorce or something that we need to "accept and get over". 

I just wanted to know how many people I gave the link to actually downloaded it, and how many hits I got. 

RE: Now the contest is over by Patchou on 05-31-2005 at 06:22 AM

Hey everyone. Sorry for not replying before.

As stated in the rules of the contest, the database was purged soon after the last winner was selected. That way, the db will enver be hacked and your emails will never go on another spam distribution list. Sorry about the stats but there's no way to retrieve them now :).

RE: Now the contest is over by Chestah on 05-31-2005 at 06:36 AM

oh damn, i guess its for the best though :P