Shoutbox

Party in the Park (Plus! Meeting Information) - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: Party in the Park (Plus! Meeting Information) (/showthread.php?tid=44298)

Party in the Park (Plus! Meeting Information) by user27089 on 05-07-2005 at 02:02 PM

Well, I made another thread, but I'm going to delete it...

If you're going to be coming to party in the park, then you will need the following information...

When we all meet, it will be somewhere near where the festival is being held, and there will be quite a few people there, so you'll have to have something that will make you stand out so we all know who each other is at first...

We will have to organise a meeting point, there is a lost child point if anybody get's lost...

If you need any information or something, then you may phone me up if you want, just tell me who you are on the forum, what your name is or whatever... My phone number is: 07708121987 ...

More information on Party in the Park is here: http://www.brmb.co.uk/article.asp?id=76660...

Please do not spam up this topic, only post if you want info about it, and if you're going to be coming... Thankyou.

traxor.

info
* July the 2nd, is Party in the Park, in Birmingham... (England)
* The tickets cost £11 + £1.50 order charge, and you can order the tickets from 08700422964...
* The festival is in Cannon Hill Park and is an all day thing (12:00 - 18:00)
* So, who have we got so far that will be coming: Saralk, AJD,  absorbation, Mwe99??, traxor, Stigmata...

RE: Party in the Park Meeting Information by user27089 on 05-11-2005 at 06:12 PM

Sorry to double post, but I thought that I'd bump the thread a little bit...

Well, basically, I got the dates wrong, Party in the Park is actually on the 2nd July, not the 1st, as the 1st is on a Friday... So I apologise for that mistake, my mate is the one who got the dates wrong not me :)...

If you are definitely going to come, or are not sure yet, then please just post in here, about any questions...

RE: Party in the Park (Plus! Meeting Information) by Stigmata on 05-11-2005 at 06:53 PM

Where are we meeting?

How are we planning to get there?

I need a lift back atm..

just need to get lifts sorted before i buy the ticket :)

RE: Party in the Park (Plus! Meeting Information) by ayjay on 05-11-2005 at 07:00 PM

quote:
Originally posted by traxor
So, who have we got so far that will be coming...

Stop making it sound as though I'm definately coming and stop putting my name in all caps lol :P
RE: Party in the Park (Plus! Meeting Information) by saralk on 05-11-2005 at 08:45 PM

Ive bought my ticket.

How do I get from the train station to the meeting point.

What is the meeting point?

RE: Party in the Park (Plus! Meeting Information) by CookieRevised on 05-11-2005 at 08:58 PM

Since it seems to be the 2nd, I'll reconsider (if I have the money). But I also know that I will be VERY tired due to the party on the 1st...

For this I need info to know how to get from Belgium (any train or busstation) to Birmingham and possible a place to stay overnight...

RE: Party in the Park (Plus! Meeting Information) by user27089 on 05-11-2005 at 09:12 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Stigmata
I need a lift back atm...

just need to get lifts sorted before i buy the ticket :)

Dude, it's called a train... It ends at 6pm you know?

quote:
Originally posted by ajd
quote:
Originally posted by traxor
So, who have we got so far that will be coming...

Stop making it sound as though I'm definately coming and stop putting my name in all caps lol :P

It's not a definite list, just a sort of "check list"

quote:
Originally posted by saralk
How do I get from the train station to the meeting point.

What is the meeting point?

Well, I'll sort out the meeting point as soon as possible, as long as everybody ends up at the train-station (Birmingham New Street), then we can all meet there :)... At around 10-11pm, then get the sufficient transport from New Street, if there are any changes, I'll let you know.

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
Since it seems to be the 2nd, I'll reconsider (if I have the money). But I also know that I will be VERY tired due to the party on the 1st...

For this I need info to know how to get from Belgium (any train or busstation) to Birmingham and possible a place to stay overnight...

Dude, I'm sure that it would make everybodies year if you could come... I'm not forcing you into it, I'm just saying that it would be really nice :)...

I just hope that more people will consider coming that's all...

Quite a few of my mates are coming, and so are some forum members, we should have a good time...
RE: Party in the Park (Plus! Meeting Information) by mwe99 on 05-11-2005 at 09:51 PM

I might possibly be able to make it, I'll see if i have any plans for then. Maybe this should become a sticky topic?

Would take me 1 1/2 hour to get to Birmingham from Manchester

RE: Party in the Park (Plus! Meeting Information) by user27089 on 05-11-2005 at 10:02 PM

quote:
Originally posted by mwe99
I might possibly be able to make it, I'll see if i have any plans for then. Maybe this should become a sticky topic?

That would be cool...

As I said, anybodies welcome...

Yeah, I will ask a admin/supermod if they can sticky it for me :)

I'll send a private message now ;).
RE: Party in the Park (Plus! Meeting Information) by Ginger on 05-11-2005 at 11:14 PM

O dammit i wanna go

RE: Party in the Park (Plus! Meeting Information) by Stigmata on 05-12-2005 at 06:38 AM

Stop being such a sarcastic dick..

So where is the nearest train station?

RE: Party in the Park (Plus! Meeting Information) by user27089 on 05-12-2005 at 06:50 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Stigmata
Stop being such a sarcastic dick...

So where is the nearest train station?

To where we're going? I think that it's Birmingham New Street, so we'll have to catch a bus to New Street or something... Then can you get a train to Henley?

RE: Party in the Park (Plus! Meeting Information) by saralk on 05-12-2005 at 07:42 AM

quote:

I just made up a quick itinery for you to see how much the price would be. You can take the eurostar from any station in Brussels to Waterloo London, then take the tube to marylebone and then a train to Birmingham.

It would cost £57 for the eurostar tickets
and £38 for the train/tube tickets.

Book them yourself at http://www.eurostar.com and http://www.trainline.com

RE: Party in the Park (Plus! Meeting Information) by mwe99 on 05-12-2005 at 11:21 AM

All i have to do is get a coach from Manchester to Birmingham via National Express which costs me about £16.50

RE: Party in the Park (Plus! Meeting Information) by user27089 on 05-12-2005 at 03:42 PM

quote:
Originally posted by mwe99
All i have to do is get a coach from Manchester to Birmingham via National Express which costs me about £16.50

That's actually really good, I was going to get a coach to London once, it pretty much worked out cheaper than getting a train!!!
RE: Party in the Park (Plus! Meeting Information) by saralk on 05-12-2005 at 04:07 PM

there is not much of a saving for me, although there are no changeovers which is quite a good advantage, i might take the bus.

RE: Party in the Park (Plus! Meeting Information) by user27089 on 05-19-2005 at 07:00 AM

You might take the bus to Birmingham? How far away do you live?

I have bought my tickets now, and Saral has bought his. James is in the process of doing so, Mwe99 is going to, Absorbation I don't know, ajd doesn't yet know if he's coming, my mates are all buying tickets...

So yeah, if you buy your tickets, post in here that you're coming, anybody can come!

RE: Party in the Park (Plus! Meeting Information) by saralk on 06-10-2005 at 10:18 AM

b up my post.

anyone else want to go?

RE: Party in the Park (Plus! Meeting Information) by user27089 on 06-10-2005 at 10:20 AM

Mwe99 can't come now, I haven't heard of ajd in ages :(...

Absorbation can't go, omfg, people have to come, we are begging you now, it's going to be great :p...

RE: Party in the Park (Plus! Meeting Information) by CookieRevised on 06-10-2005 at 02:31 PM

Also bad news from me I'm afraid... I can't come either (money-wise)...

RE: Party in the Park (Plus! Meeting Information) by mwe99 on 06-10-2005 at 02:32 PM

quote:
(money-wise)...

same problem as me :(

RE: Party in the Park (Plus! Meeting Information) by toddiot on 06-14-2005 at 08:10 PM

oh cool im coming!

wait... I live in canada...

nevermind! It sounds awesome so i hope you guys (who are going) have fun!

RE: Party in the Park (Plus! Meeting Information) by absorbation on 06-14-2005 at 08:11 PM

It's been moved  a day forward by the way ;)