Shoutbox

Winamp Problems - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Winamp Problems (/showthread.php?tid=44364)

Winamp Problems by user27089 on 05-08-2005 at 12:12 PM

Winamp, being my favourite Media Player, is the one I always use...

Lately, it's started to malfunction quite a bit, if I select on song, it plays another song, so I have to keep double clicking or whatever, so it finally plays the song that I want it to, it also skips some tracks sometimes... (No I don't have shuffle on)...

Does anybody know how I can fix this problem?

RE: Winamp Problems by John Anderton on 05-08-2005 at 12:15 PM

Did u try upgrading to the new winamp which is version 8-) 5.09

Try that ;)

RE: Winamp Problems by Ash_ on 05-08-2005 at 12:16 PM

are you sure the songs are in the same directory that winamp thinks they are.

like have you moved any songs around or anything?

RE: Winamp Problems by Chris.1 on 05-08-2005 at 10:40 PM

I always had loads of problems with WinAMP crashing - I switched to iTunes (mainly because I got an iPod, but not the only reason) and I've not looked back since.

RE: Winamp Problems by user13774 on 05-09-2005 at 08:24 AM

quote:
Originally posted by traxor
Winamp, being my favourite Media Player, is the one I always use...

Lately, it's started to malfunction quite a bit, if I select on song, it plays another song, so I have to keep double clicking or whatever, so it finally plays the song that I want it to, it also skips some tracks sometimes... (No I don't have shuffle on)...

Does anybody know how I can fix this problem?
That happens when it tries to open a dead file in your playlist. Use alt+delete to delete dead files from your playlist (or click the 'rem' button underneath your playlist (Modern Skin) -> remove... -> remove missing files from playlist)
It also happens with WMA files sometimes, but they fixed that in the newest version (5.09).
RE: Winamp Problems by user27089 on 05-09-2005 at 08:34 AM

There isn't any files that are dead, and it just does it randomly, I haven't moved any files at all, haven't deleted anything, I have to press it a lot of times, in the end, it plays...

It's all in a folder called "Music"... Every single song that's on the computer ^.^...

Anyway, I upgraded to Winamp Pro 5.09 and I haven't had any problems yet, but if I do, then I'll report back here ;).