Shoutbox

Is It Possible? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Forum: Plug-Ins (/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+------ Thread: Is It Possible? (/showthread.php?tid=44370)

Is It Possible? by -CoReY- on 05-08-2005 at 03:09 PM

I was just wondering if you could have 2+ "Sign In Automaticly" Things, and a quick sign out button (sorry for the crappy drawing):

[Image: tabbedmsn.bmp]

Heres an image with a sign out button:
[Image: SKSD.bmp]

RE: Is It Possible? by mwe99 on 05-08-2005 at 03:11 PM

This has been suggested before and you're best bet would be to send this to MSN directly.

http://support.msn.com/contactus.aspx

RE: Is It Possible? by John Anderton on 05-08-2005 at 03:14 PM

in image 1 u mean u want 2 passowrds to be stored automatically ... err
... i have never heard of anything like this being there .... i aint to
sure that it can be done but it could be possible :S

2nd image: u want a quick signout .... there are wayz to add a button
to view ur contact card (well there was one for the 1st beta) so i
think this could be done but .... its hard :-/ Someone can do it
tho i guess :)

RE: Is It Possible? by -CoReY- on 05-08-2005 at 03:18 PM

Well, i hope its possible, anyway did what mwe told me and i hope they get back to me.

RE: Is It Possible? by Anubis on 05-08-2005 at 03:21 PM

For your first idea.
Although by default it is not possible, no sorry. At the moment there is no way of doing that. However fret not, this could be possible but it would involve making the messenger client look somewhere else for where to paste login information and display it where normally it is. To do this, I'd guess patching MSN Messenger would be the only way. And to get it to display correctly and store your passwords somewhere safe may be tricky. In long, there would be a fair bit of work to do, but yes in theory it may work. Sorry if what I said didn't make much sense, I was trying to think it through as I was going...

quote:
Originally posted by -CoReY-
Heres an image with a sign out button:
A very simple client modification would do this, however patching is illegal, but for something like this, I'm sure a patcher would do it.
RE: Is It Possible? by John Anderton on 05-08-2005 at 03:25 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Anubis
A very simple client modification would do this, however
patching is illegal, but for something like this, I'm sure a patcher
would do it.

Ok ... u mean any modification of the exe is patching rite ?? Skinnig
is also eding a bit of exe rite ?? so is that not allowed too ??

And also that thread a time back said how to put up ur contact card thingy was also illegal ? (Theoretically it was rite ?)

The skinning part is what im not too clear about.

RE: Is It Possible? by Anubis on 05-08-2005 at 04:19 PM

quote:
Originally posted by John Anderton

Ok ... u mean any modification of the exe is patching rite ?? Skinnig
is also eding a bit of exe rite ?? so is that not allowed too ??
Editing the main .exe of MSN Messenger is illegal. Patching the process while it's just active in the memory isn't though.

quote:
Quick Quote
By law skinning is illegal; however nothing will come against you if you do it. Microsoft has more pressing matters.

quote:
And also that thread a time back said how to put up ur contact card thingy was also illegal ? (Theoretically it was rite ?)
I'd need to see the thread, and be sure which you meant, to be able to comment on it.
RE: Is It Possible? by albert on 05-08-2005 at 05:17 PM

I suggested the same thing a while ago for the first picture.. CyberDude said he'd work on it.. ( never got any news )

now some1 had given me a plugin that can do the job.. it's called Password Menager, I just can't seem to find the link, try searching on the Plugin sections http://www.msgplus.net

RE: Is It Possible? by matty on 05-09-2005 at 05:58 AM

Take a look at this skin: http://www.afizicalpresence.com/

RE: Is It Possible? by ddunk on 05-09-2005 at 06:12 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Matty
Take a look at this skin: http://www.afizicalpresence.com/

Which one? theres about 4 on there.
RE: Is It Possible? by Jhrono on 05-09-2005 at 07:21 AM

This one per example, that's great and has the signout button :D
[Image: attachment.php?pid=457955]

RE: Is It Possible? by Grue on 05-09-2005 at 07:41 AM

You can try Password Reminder, which will remember and auto fill-in your password for any number of accounts so you don't have to type them in but you still have to go to File->Sign in. See Password Reminder

Also If you know how to use resourse hacker here is how to add a sign out button:

Open msnmsgr.exe with reshacker

Find (Ctrl+F): <element id=atom(suppress) padding=rect(3,0,0,0) content=rcstr(4229)
Result: UIFILE > 923 > 1033

Below this line is </cmdbutton>
Below that line paste the following:

code:
<cmdbutton cmdid=40210 class="ToolbarBtn" layout=flowlayout(0,2,0,2)> <png flip=false idres=1013 class="ToolbarIcon" /> <element foreground=rgb(0,0,0) padding=rect(0,0,2,0) content="Sign Out" contentalign=bottomleft | endellipsis/> </cmdbutton>

Then compile script and save.
RE: Is It Possible? by John Anderton on 05-09-2005 at 02:23 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Anubis
I'd need to see the thread, and be sure which you meant, to be able to comment on it.
Well here is the thread i was refering too :)
Tutorial on how to add a "My contact card" button in contact list below screen name
So ??
RE: Is It Possible? by t1a0s on 05-09-2005 at 03:13 PM

For the sign out button you could use mess patch....but like it was said earlier, its illegal to patch messenger.

RE: Is It Possible? by -CoReY- on 05-09-2005 at 09:37 PM

Meh. Well problem resolved  :D...... Almost:|

I contacted msn and this is what they had to say:

code:
Hello Corey,

Thank you for contacting MSN Messenger Technical Support, my name is Rodrigo and I am going to assist you with your issue today.

We appreciate your feedback. Unfortunately, that feature is not currently available with MSN Messenger. We forwarded your suggestion to the product team that carefully reviews these suggestions and considers them for future releases.

Corey if you need any further assistance we will be glad to assist you or you can log on to http://messenger.msn.com/help/

Regards,

Rodrigo
MSN Messenger Technical Support

RE: Is It Possible? by prashker on 05-09-2005 at 11:14 PM

lol,

At least when I send em an e-mail they say what your trying to do. He just said unfourtunatly... anyways I would also like that 2nd sign in auto

RE: Is It Possible? by TheBlasphemer on 05-10-2005 at 12:00 AM

It is possible, but it will take a lot of effort and time.
I'd be able to make it, but I dun have the time (unless you're prepared to pay a lot :P)

RE: Is It Possible? by CookieRevised on 05-10-2005 at 02:57 AM

The reason why this can't be done (just like that) is because msn messenger uses the Windows crendentional system to save the default password. This can only be done with 1 password, thus only 1 password can be associated with a .NET Passport (and this is not a MSN Messenger limitation). So unless Microsoft changes this inside Windows itself, this is a no go.

And because this means not only modifying how MSN Messenger works (easy part), but also how Windows uses the whole crendentional system and related .NET Passport system (and thus also other non related 3rd party applications) it means a whole lot of work. In short: don't expect this to be added in MSN Messenger in the near futur...

The only thing you can hope for is if someone makes a program/addon to save MSN Messenger passwords in another place, and to patch MSN Messenger so it can also "read" from that other place as well, just as the Password Reminder plugin from Wouter...

RE: Is It Possible? by -CoReY- on 05-10-2005 at 12:09 PM

Hmmm......

I was thinking in my dreams last night, and i thought that if everyone did that support thng like i did, then they just may do it, over a period of time.
8-)