Shoutbox

How to disable the desactivation of the log - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: How to disable the desactivation of the log (/showthread.php?tid=44413)

How to disable the desactivation of the log by babyboy on 05-09-2005 at 08:35 AM

Hey.
I would like to keep an eye on some logs , but it's too easy to desactivate them through the "Plus" options.

Is there some way to force the activation of the logs ? Registry keys, ini files , I don't know ..

Thanks

RE: How to disable the desactivation of the log by user27089 on 05-09-2005 at 08:39 AM

I don't think that there is anyway to force the activation... It should always stay on if you want it to... So just don't go near the options is my advice to you... And if anybody else wants to turn them off, just tell them that you don't want them to, and that should be the end of story ... :).

RE: How to disable the desactivation of the log by babyboy on 05-09-2005 at 09:48 AM

Unfortunately , that's not good anough :(

RE: How to disable the desactivation of the log by zach on 05-09-2005 at 09:55 AM

I think you can go to PLus!/Pref/Privacy Protection/Passwords and tick the first box.

RE: How to disable the desactivation of the log by rav0 on 05-09-2005 at 10:55 AM

It is probably so that if Paranoid User A tells Paranoid User B that they shouldn't use Messenger Plus, because is will log their conversations, Normal User C can tell Paranoid User B how to easily turn off chat logging, and let Paranoid User B feel in control.

I don't know if the licence allows it, but you could reshack Messenger Plus! and remove that option from the menu.

RE: How to disable the desactivation of the log by -rafy- on 05-14-2005 at 05:45 AM

I turn on both plus logging as well as msn own logging.

Ive had a few people delete things from the logs, but always just the plus logs, they usually miss the msn log.