Shoutbox

who can recomend some good picture web site? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: who can recomend some good picture web site? (/showthread.php?tid=44424)

who can recomend some good picture web site? by Alien2046 on 05-09-2005 at 01:49 PM

thanks.

RE: who can recomend some good picture web site? by Jhrono on 05-09-2005 at 02:14 PM

quote:
Originally posted by -Bogan-

thanks for what

He's finishing the question he made on the topic..

anyway, you've gotta be more specific...what kind of website do you need?
when i need some sort of image, i usually search google for images at http://images.google.com :)
RE: who can recomend some good picture web site? by Alien2046 on 05-09-2005 at 02:15 PM

I'd like to find some nice pictures as the avatar.

RE: who can recomend some good picture web site? by -Bogan- on 05-09-2005 at 02:18 PM

u could either take a big pic and shrink it or u culd try and find some small pics. BTW what sort of pics eg.cars,chicks,funny,tv/movies.

RE: who can recomend some good picture web site? by Jhrono on 05-09-2005 at 02:18 PM

I think your avatar is cool btw:)..

The best i can suggest is to try to create one:P....image editing/making , with good tools, is pretty easy:)..(most of the users of the forum make their own avatars)...You can use programs like adobe photoshop and macromedia fireworks (both good) and look for tutorials on the web, to learn:)...OR you can ask one of the members to make you one:)...

RE: who can recomend some good picture web site? by -Bogan- on 05-09-2005 at 02:20 PM

* -Bogan- can make one like his if u want.

maybe I make u a S.O.A.D r Korn one.U like?

RE: RE: who can recomend some good picture web site? by Alien2046 on 05-09-2005 at 02:21 PM

quote:
u could either take a big pic and shrink it or u culd try and find some small pics. BTW what sort of pics eg.cars,chicks,funny,tv/movies.

thank you :):D I like some cartoon person, or some funny pics.

RE: who can recomend some good picture web site?

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Johny
I think your avatar is cool btw..

The best i can suggest is to try to create one....image editing/making , with good tools, is pretty easy..(most of the users of the forum make their own avatars)...You can use programs like adobe photoshop and macromedia fireworks (both good) and look for tutorials on the web, to learn...OR you can ask one of the members to make you one...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry I know little about the PS and FW, hehe, thanks any way.

quote:
[color=red]* -Bogan- can make one like his if u want.

maybe I make u a S.O.A.D r Korn one.U like?

Really? that would be nice,.....

RE: who can recomend some good picture web site? by -Bogan- on 05-09-2005 at 02:24 PM

do u want Alien2046 somewhere on the avatar.

RE: who can recomend some good picture web site? by Alien2046 on 05-09-2005 at 02:26 PM

quote:
do u want Alien2046 somewhere on the avatar.
If I can get something like the alien as my avatar, I think that will be cool!~*^_^*
RE: who can recomend some good picture web site? by Anubis on 05-09-2005 at 03:13 PM

Do you mean websites where you can do searches for images?
If so try; Google Images

If you are looking for somewhere to store some images online for yourself you can try; ImageShack

If you are looking for some help to make images, I suggest you buy Adobe Photoshop or Jasc Paint Shop Pro, and look for some online guides on Google.

If you were looking for anything other than that, please ask.

RE: who can recomend some good picture web site? by TylerG on 05-09-2005 at 11:19 PM

How would someone make there own avatar without good programs like photoshop and fireworks...(my case:P)

RE: who can recomend some good picture web site? by mwe99 on 05-09-2005 at 11:45 PM

MS Paint :P I made one in paint for -dt- if that thread's still floating around

RE: who can recomend some good picture web site? by prashker on 05-10-2005 at 12:26 AM

ya my first sig was made out of MS Pain (i know I suck for using MS Paint and doing a crappy job). But then hobbes made me a new one and I love it:D

RE: who can recomend some good picture web site? by Chris4 on 05-10-2005 at 12:42 AM

MS Paint is a great tool for creating avatars etc.
Photoshop, Paint Shop Pro etc. is more advanced [layers, palettes, effects etc.]

RE: who can recomend some good picture web site? by -Bogan- on 05-12-2005 at 05:41 AM

quote:
Originally posted by mwe99
MS Paint :P I made one in paint for -dt- if that thread's still floating around

Oh man u may have made one in MS Paint but that doesn't mean it was anygood. I would say 98%(pulled figure out of thin air) avatars/sigs are not made in MS paint. Not saying u can't make a good avatar in Paint but u will be able tell the diffrence between a paint made one and a photoshop one.
RE: who can recomend some good picture web site? by ShawnZ on 05-12-2005 at 05:47 AM

A good one is www.corbis.com

And bogan, its quite possible to make a great avatar in paint, and very easy at that. Not only are alot of avy's done in paint, but they look good if done well at that.

RE: who can recomend some good picture web site? by -Bogan- on 05-12-2005 at 06:01 AM

I'm not saying u can't make a good avatar but u can't have great effect and use good brushes to create great effects.

BTW do u know any good game render sites other than www.gamerenders.com