Shoutbox

Messenger Plus Conflicts with Spellaroo - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Messenger Plus Conflicts with Spellaroo (/showthread.php?tid=44448)

Messenger Plus Conflicts with Spellaroo by Pagemakers on 05-09-2005 at 09:11 PM

Spellaroo seems to conflict with Messenger Plus.  If I remove MP, Spellaroo works fine.

Is there a workaround?

RE: Messenger Plus Conflicts with Spellaroo by RaceProUK on 05-09-2005 at 10:05 PM

It may be that Patchou and the makers of Spellaroo may want a quick tete-a-tete.

RE: Messenger Plus Conflicts with Spellaroo by Pagemakers on 05-09-2005 at 10:25 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Pagemakers
It may be that Patchou and the makers of Spellaroo may want a quick tete-a-tete.

Huh?

RE: Messenger Plus Conflicts with Spellaroo by Chestah on 05-09-2005 at 10:39 PM

They might have to have a quick conversation together to resolve this problem :)

RE: Messenger Plus Conflicts with Spellaroo by Pagemakers on 05-09-2005 at 10:44 PM

I just installed another spelling app and that too won't work with Messenger Plus.

Does Messenger Plus purposely stop other plugins from working?

RE: Messenger Plus Conflicts with Spellaroo by lordy on 05-10-2005 at 11:44 AM

i doubt very much that Msg Plus! would stop anything else from working intentionally, it just needs to be fixed so they are compatible with each other

RE: Messenger Plus Conflicts with Spellaroo by mwe99 on 05-10-2005 at 12:27 PM

Messenger Plus! does not stop anything working. Most likely it is a compatability problem, other plug ins might not work with Plus and vica versa, until their compatable, not much you can do I'm afraid.

RE: Messenger Plus Conflicts with Spellaroo by RaceProUK on 05-10-2005 at 02:52 PM

It's like the whole Plus and SmileyCentral thing. I think Spleak has a few problems when used alongside Plus as well, though that may have been sorted.

RE: Messenger Plus Conflicts with Spellaroo by Pagemakers on 05-10-2005 at 02:58 PM

It's a shame that they don't work together.  I've tried Spellaroo and a second spell checker app and they both won't work with MP.

I have written to Spellaroo and the other spell checker company but they can't be arsed to reply so I've uninstalled them.

RE: Messenger Plus Conflicts with Spellaroo by Patchou on 05-10-2005 at 03:00 PM

Messenger Plus! does many things in Messenger that requires other plugins to behave properly. Many kinds of incompatibility problems can occur and unfortunately, not much can be done in a lot of sitautations. That being said, I'm always happy to work with another plugin developer to solvecompatibility issues, they just have to email me :).

RE: Messenger Plus Conflicts with Spellaroo by Pagemakers on 05-10-2005 at 03:10 PM

These programs are not MP plugins though.  They are stand alone programs.  Does that matter?

Will there ever be a GOOD auto-correct spell checker for MP?

RE: Messenger Plus Conflicts with Spellaroo by mwe99 on 05-10-2005 at 04:01 PM

You could always stick a mini dictionary of common spelling mistakes using the Plus! word filter

This would only work if words like recieve and receive are mixed up as you can only put a word into be filtered

RE: Messenger Plus Conflicts with Spellaroo by Pagemakers on 05-10-2005 at 04:09 PM

Yea.  I'll try that.  Shame there's not an import facility though and it does not auto-correct as you type.