Shoutbox

Open history Didn't recognize my password - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Open history Didn't recognize my password (/showthread.php?tid=44554)

Open history Didn't recognize my password by natty1970 on 05-11-2005 at 07:42 PM

Hi There! I used a password to open my history, but it didn't recognize it. What can I do? I need hlep. :(Natty

RE: Open history Didn't recognize my password by Zephyr on 05-11-2005 at 07:54 PM

quote:
Originally posted by natty1970
Hi There! I used a password to open my history, but it didn't recognize it. What can I do? I need hlep. :(Natty

Sorry, but what history are you actually talking about?
RE: Open history Didn't recognize my password by M73A on 05-11-2005 at 07:57 PM

quote:
Originally posted by monster.rat
quote:

i think he/she means chat logs

?
RE: RE: Open history Didn't recognize my password by natty1970 on 05-11-2005 at 08:02 PM

I mean after I chat with people and I couldn't go back to read that because Msgplus didn't recognize my password. Thanks in advance. Natty

quote:
quote:

RE: Open history Didn't recognize my password by M73A on 05-11-2005 at 08:04 PM

quote:
I mean after I chat with people and I couldn't go back to read that because Msgplus didn't recognize my password. Thanks in advance. Natty

what is 'that' ??? do you mean the chat logs?? this is what we are confused about...
RE: Open history Didn't recognize my password by natty1970 on 05-11-2005 at 08:07 PM

Yes, you are right about that. I am having a problem with chat log. Otherwise I am giving up to uninstall and install again.
thanks natty

RE: Open history Didn't recognize my password by CookieRevised on 05-11-2005 at 08:22 PM

Uninstalling and reinstalling will not work.

In order to open your encrypted chatlogs, you need the password which you have set to use to encrypt the logs (note: this is not the same password you use to sign in to MSN Messenger).

Without the exact password (make sure you have typed the password correctly! Mind the use of caps for example..) there is no way you can retrieve/decrypt the chat logs.

RE: Open history Didn't recognize my password by natty1970 on 05-11-2005 at 08:24 PM

I am sure that I worte right password.
Is it possible if I uninstall and install back again.
Thank you, Natty

RE: Open history Didn't recognize my password by Zephyr on 05-11-2005 at 08:27 PM

quote:
I am sure that I worte right password.
Is it possible if I uninstall and install back again.
Thank you, Natty

Uninstalling and reinstalling will not affect anything as the files will still be encrypted in the same way.
RE: Open history Didn't recognize my password by natty1970 on 05-11-2005 at 08:28 PM

So, what can I do? Thank you, Natty

RE: Open history Didn't recognize my password by Dempsey on 05-11-2005 at 08:29 PM

If you cant remember the password, I dont think theres anything you can do

RE: Open history Didn't recognize my password by Zephyr on 05-11-2005 at 08:30 PM

quote:
So, what can I do? Thank you, Natty

CookieRevised has already said that without the password that the file was encrypted with, there is no way of decrypting the files. Sorry.
RE: Open history Didn't recognize my password by natty1970 on 05-11-2005 at 08:30 PM

That mean I never ever see any message after I finished talk with people, right? Thank you, Natty

Let me tell you something about encrypted. It is the same one that I used to use sign in for messenger, but afer I used that encrypted it didn't recognize it. Natty
RE: Open history Didn't recognize my password by Zephyr on 05-11-2005 at 08:37 PM

quote:
Let me tell you something about encrypted. It is the same one that I used to use sign in for messenger, but afer I used that encrypted it didn't recognize it. Natty

I'm sorry, but we really can't do anything about it if the encrypted files aren't opening.

You can however start encrypting chat logs with a new passwod.

Open plus preferences, click privacy protection on the left, then the passwords tab.

There will be a section called log files encryption. You can choose to turn this feature off or to change the password. You don't need the old password to change it.
RE: Open history Didn't recognize my password by CookieRevised on 05-11-2005 at 08:41 PM

quote:
You don't need the old password to change it.
Although your current encrypted logs, will not be decrypted and re-encrypted with the new password of course...

RE: RE: Open history Didn't recognize my password by natty1970 on 05-11-2005 at 08:41 PM

I am now do not need to use a password to open my history anymore. I think I just cancelled it. I mean I didn't use log chat.
Thank you you guys working hard to uderstand what I tried to ask very much.
Natty
Sorry! But thank you to suggest me. I am glad that you help me. :D

RE: Open history Didn't recognize my password by Zephyr on 05-11-2005 at 09:05 PM

Glad you got it working again, but please can you not double post, let alone triple post. Use the edit button in the bottm right of your posts.

See Rules