Shoutbox

Windows Security Warning :@ !$@# - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Windows Security Warning :@ !$@# (/showthread.php?tid=44560)

Windows Security Warning :@ !$@# by Fredzz on 05-11-2005 at 08:57 PM

Ok im gettin angry with this thing! in 5 mp3 transfers i recieve, 2 or 3 of them get this warning and the file is GONE! Its not the usual, Recuse to transfer as it should be. The file trasnfers ok! and i get this thing that deletes my file!

Yes i have Sp2! but why its ****** deleting my MP3 file! It also happens to my friend who recieves my mp3s and stuff!!!

[Image: attachment.php?pid=459622]

RE: Windows Security Warning :@ !$@# by Dane on 05-11-2005 at 09:10 PM

^o), I have service pack 2 and have never seen that before.

RE: Windows Security Warning :@ !$@# by Fredzz on 05-11-2005 at 09:14 PM

Do you have last Msn .0813 ? :S I do! Dont know whats goin on! This is freaking me out! because first it lets me trasnfer the file.. and when its complete it deletes it.. like making fun of my face!

RE: Windows Security Warning :@ !$@# by Kruxx on 05-11-2005 at 09:21 PM

It's happened to me on a few occassions too, it stopped when I switched the messenger .exe with a patched one.. I think it's a language thing perhaps, different versions of the same build effect windows in different ways... I dunno

RE: Windows Security Warning :@ !$@# by user13774 on 05-12-2005 at 08:44 AM

Never seen it before... but I've always used a patched 7 (always removed the file transfer protection thing). Maybe that's the problem...

RE: Windows Security Warning :@ !$@# by Fredzz on 05-12-2005 at 10:18 AM

I'll try to patch it with a-patch! thanks

RE: Windows Security Warning :@ !$@# by mwe99 on 05-12-2005 at 10:20 AM

It would be unusual for Microsoft to block MP3 but maybe they do due to copyright? or maybe it's not an mp3 file just has an mp3 ext.

RE: Windows Security Warning :@ !$@# by uberdosis on 05-12-2005 at 11:30 AM

I also get this. Just dont click on the link.. go into the folder the long way.

RE: Windows Security Warning :@ !$@# by Sypher on 05-12-2005 at 11:39 AM

Ditto, running a (almost fully) patched MSN-Client..

This is somewhere inside the Windows settings.. It deleted a .JPG yesterday... ooh dangerous right? ;)

-- Edit

This is caused by - i think - the "Removal tool for harmfull software", which was updated yesterday.. You could try to uninstall it, but if you're running Automatic Windowsupdate (like I do on my notebook), it'll be installed the next time it updates...

RE: Windows Security Warning :@ !$@# by mad_onion on 05-12-2005 at 09:01 PM

i doubt it is anything to do with that. and im pretty sure that the malicious software removal tool just loads up and scans and delets itself, you cant uninstall it cause it isnt there. im also quite sure that messenger isnt supposed to block .mp3 files mabye its a bug but a very strange bug.

RE: Windows Security Warning :@ !$@# by John Anderton on 05-12-2005 at 09:29 PM

Msn msg doesnt allow mp3 transfers for me :@ there should be an option for us to select such stuff :@

:dodgy: microsoft

I allowed it via stuffplugg but now thats missing too :dodgy:

Its there in the ad-remove list but plus! doesnt show it :-/

RE: Windows Security Warning :@ !$@# by TheAngel on 05-13-2005 at 12:52 PM

same here, appened now also with a .mp3

RE: Windows Security Warning :@ !$@# by Ahmad on 05-13-2005 at 01:15 PM

quote:
Originally posted by John Anderton
Msn msg doesnt allow mp3 transfers for me :@ there should be an option for us to select such stuff :@

:dodgy: microsoft

I allowed it via stuffplugg but now thats missing too :dodgy:

Its there in the ad-remove list but plus! doesnt show it :-/
Try A-Patch :P

RE: Windows Security Warning :@ !$@# by user13774 on 05-14-2005 at 01:38 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Sypher
-- Edit

This is caused by - i think - the "Removal tool for harmfull software", which was updated yesterday.. You could try to uninstall it, but if you're running Automatic Windowsupdate (like I do on my notebook), it'll be installed the next time it updates...

That's impossible, because I got automatic updates (windows update) turned on and I also got the removal tool for malicious software installed every month... never had a problem like Fredzz.... :huh:
RE: Windows Security Warning :@ !$@# by Fredzz on 05-16-2005 at 01:07 PM

i didnt patch it yet i think, but these days ive been browsing to "My recieved Files" instead of clicking right on the conversation link.. ill patch it later and see if it works

RE: Windows Security Warning :@ !$@# by riahc4 on 05-17-2005 at 08:21 PM

Never seen that either....Is tha file accually clean? Maybe its because as someone said it has a copyright tag on it...