Shoutbox

Feature Request: HTML Chat Logs - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: Feature Request: HTML Chat Logs (/showthread.php?tid=44567)

Feature Request: HTML Chat Logs by Logan on 05-11-2005 at 11:50 PM

Hello,
Everything else about MsgPlus is so nicely put together and it's great! However the logs are boring and are just in plain text with no original text formatting and without the smilies. Could you make the logs be similar to MSN 7.0's default logging feature with formatting if possible? I would use MSN's logging function but I like MsgPlus's because of the password protected logs.

Thanks

RE: Feature Request: HTML Chat Logs by Concord Dawn on 05-12-2005 at 01:05 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Logan
Hello,
Everything else about MsgPlus is so nicely put together and it's great! However the logs are boring and are just in plain text with no original text formatting and without the smilies. Could you make the logs be similar to MSN 7.0's default logging feature with formatting if possible? I would use MSN's logging function but I like MsgPlus's because of the password protected logs.

Thanks

I believe that MSN 7 logs are XMLs, but whatever. It sounds like a good feature (y)
RE: Feature Request: HTML Chat Logs by Ben on 05-12-2005 at 07:11 AM

Yeah, MSN 7 logs are xml. Hmm... how about RTF chat logs? :)

RE: Feature Request: HTML Chat Logs by user27089 on 05-12-2005 at 07:13 AM

That would be nice, maybe something where you could choose your font and things...

But surely, that would increase the sizes of the chat logs by quite a bit, if you have all of the code and stuff, rather than just the plain text. If it's just a plain notepad file, then it should use up less space completely.

RE: Feature Request: HTML Chat Logs by Ahmad on 05-12-2005 at 07:18 AM

I just use LogViewer by lopardo.. it's pretty good, let's you choose colours/font/sizes etc and applies the formatting automatically, actually, i love it!

http://360software.dakotabcn.net/logviewer/

RE: Feature Request: HTML Chat Logs by Dempsey on 05-12-2005 at 08:43 AM

I'm not sure if the new Messenger Discovery X will do, but I know the previous version of MD used to incluide RTF chat logging.

RE: Feature Request: HTML Chat Logs by saralk on 05-12-2005 at 09:48 AM

plus! could have a CSS file, that would do all the formatting and stuff, and then at the top of each convo there is the formatting for those people's fonts.

That would mean the file size isn't too big. AND it would allow people to create their own themes for the logs :o

RE: Feature Request: HTML Chat Logs by CookieRevised on 05-12-2005 at 11:02 AM

quote:
Originally posted by saralk
plus! could have a CSS file, that would do all the formatting and stuff, and then at the top of each convo there is the formatting for those people's fonts.

That would mean the file size isn't too big. AND it would allow people to create their own themes for the logs :o
So, in other words, just as the standard MSN Messenger logs works :D

---

Anyways, HTML/RTF logging is one of the things Patchou said he would implement at one point, at least quote: "it is on the looong todo list" ;)

RE: Feature Request: HTML Chat Logs by saralk on 05-12-2005 at 11:23 AM

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
So, in other words, just as the standard MSN Messenger logs works

no, because they use xml and databases.
RE: Feature Request: HTML Chat Logs by CookieRevised on 05-12-2005 at 11:45 AM

quote:
Originally posted by saralk
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
So, in other words, just as the standard MSN Messenger logs works
no, because they use xml and databases.
no, it is exactly the same... The MSN Messenger logs uses XML's to store the basic logs, and in the XSL the template is stored. This is exactly the same as what you suggest. And XML is better/more versitile for the job in this case, btw... oh and there are no databases in the MSN Messenger logs... ;)

MSN Messenger         your suggestion
Template   MessageLog.xsl          something.css
Logs         email.xml                   email.htm
RE: Feature Request: HTML Chat Logs by linx05 on 05-12-2005 at 12:58 PM

Yeah, atm I think logging is the only thing that is needed to work on IMO. A log view etc. I have found that this log viewer has a few bugs in it. I don't think he is working on it any more either :(

RE: Feature Request: HTML Chat Logs by rav0 on 05-14-2005 at 05:00 AM

Didn't Patchou release an addon that does that already? I think he did, but it might just be my memory. Shut up, brain!

RE: Feature Request: HTML Chat Logs by haydos on 05-14-2005 at 09:02 AM

That logviewer by 360º is good but it wont show winks etc.

You could try this logviewer which is very good
[Image: mlogs2qs.th.jpg]
Click for full size

Download: http://www.foryoursoft.com/download/mlog5pro.exe

btw there is a crack available but i wont say where :cheesy: