Shoutbox

Nickname Scroller - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Forum: Plug-Ins (/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+------ Thread: Nickname Scroller (/showthread.php?tid=44573)

Nickname Scroller by Djeepy46234 on 05-12-2005 at 02:44 AM

Hi

I'm looking for a nickname scroller for MSN Messenger 7 build 777. Im searching for a GOOD nickname scroller, not those always opening windows opening crap and all and ram free.. Is there a pluging doing this EASILY and PROPERLY ?

Thanks.

P.S.: Cool to set around 30 nickname and change the time (1sec to more..)

RE: Nickname Scroller by matty on 05-12-2005 at 02:59 AM

Impossible because there is a limitation as to how many times you can change your nickname in a minute. Its like 10 or something.

RE: Nickname Scroller by CookieRevised on 05-12-2005 at 11:26 AM

Hence there will never be a "good" and "proper" nickname scroller as it is always a very crappy method of changing your name quickly and will annoy the hell out of your contacts...

RE: Nickname Scroller by Djeepy46234 on 05-12-2005 at 09:41 PM

So why theres not a nickname changer changing the name like 5 times a minute or something?

I already tried one in the past and it was working every second easily..

RE: Nickname Scroller by RaceProUK on 05-12-2005 at 09:58 PM

Then MS put a limit on it server-side. Probably to stop people changing their name too often, annoying other users and bogging down the servers.

RE: Nickname Scroller by Djeepy46234 on 05-14-2005 at 03:06 AM

But is there an existing plugin to change it at least 1 or 2 times per minutes ?

Thanks

RE: Nickname Scroller by ~INVASION~ on 05-14-2005 at 03:08 AM

i remember having that scrolling nickname tool plus a bunch of other stuff gave me spyware tho :/

ya prolly impossible now thow

RE: Nickname Scroller by dylan! on 05-14-2005 at 03:14 AM

yeah i had one before it was called "Dimension" and you can find it on www.mess.be

Dimension
Description: Dimension is a bot that features a wealth of tools, some of these include: flooders, popup creation, animated nicknames, news in nickname, uptime in nickname, etc etc etc.

[EDIT:] Im not so sure if its compatible with msn 7.0 and above...havent used it since 6:P