Shoutbox

Active Accessibility for incoming messages - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Forum: Plug-Ins (/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+------ Thread: Active Accessibility for incoming messages (/showthread.php?tid=44578)

Active Accessibility for incoming messages by Hilikus on 05-12-2005 at 07:31 AM

Has anybody used Active Accessibility to access messages' text? if so, can anybody point me on how to start? i need to trigger an OnMessageReceived function

Thanks

RE: Active Accessibility for incoming messages by matty on 05-12-2005 at 07:36 AM

Its not as easy as you think. There isn't anything like that. What you have to do is have it dump the text to a textbox and code based on the text (or even the variable it is stored in). Do you have it reading the convo windows at all?

Using ActiveAccessibility requires subclassing the windows and if you do not know how to do this I suggest not trying cause it will only make your life harder. Use the Messenger API passed through initialize to use the .History object for the conversation.

RE: Active Accessibility for incoming messages by Dempsey on 05-12-2005 at 08:45 AM

You can use AccessibleObjectFromEvent to monitor changes in the History object of the conversation window.

RE: Active Accessibility for incoming messages by RaceProUK on 05-12-2005 at 10:16 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Matty
Using ActiveAccessibility requires subclassing the windows
No it doesn't. I'm using AA to hide DPs when the convo window opens, and I haven't subclassed anything.
RE: RE: Active Accessibility for incoming messages by Hilikus on 05-12-2005 at 06:29 PM

quote:
Use the Messenger API passed through initialize to use the .History object for the conversation.

where can i get more information about getting the history object?? any references or sample code i can look at??
RE: Active Accessibility for incoming messages by Stigmata on 05-12-2005 at 06:45 PM

:o

i found some sample code...

but i just cannot get my head around it..

Vb6 btw:
http://www.jsware.net/jsware/vbcode.html

RE: Active Accessibility for incoming messages by RaceProUK on 05-12-2005 at 06:47 PM

I believe the Plus API docs have the Messenger API stuff inside them now, as MS don't like people using MSN's APIs for some reason :mipdodgy:

Edit: This thread looks like an MSN conversation now... :D

RE: Active Accessibility for incoming messages by Dempsey on 05-12-2005 at 06:49 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Stigmata
:o

i found some sample code...

but i just cannot get my head around it..

Vb6 btw:
http://www.jsware.net/jsware/vbcode.html
yea thats the code I used
RE: Active Accessibility for incoming messages by matty on 05-12-2005 at 08:45 PM

Blah I think I will regret doing this but here is an example in VB with some comments for what we are doing.

RE: Active Accessibility for incoming messages by Dempsey on 05-12-2005 at 09:00 PM

Well done matty (Y)  I'm sure thats gonna help out a lot of VB coders

RE: Active Accessibility for incoming messages by Hilikus on 05-12-2005 at 10:30 PM

lol, i forgot to mention that i code in c++, dont know much of vb but i will try to understand it and translate it into c++

thanks a lot for the help

quote:
Blah I think I will regret doing this but here is an example in VB with some comments for what we are doing.

i followed your code and Joe's Software code and i manage to get SOME information, i get the handle ID the same as in your app and i get the className, the problem is with anything involving the IAccessible interface

code:
acc->get_accName(vari, &buff);
acc->get_accDescription(vari, &buff);

neither of those seem to work, buff is always NULL when i run it, i dont know whats wrong
i cant get the freaking History element
im using
AccessibleObjectFromEvent

any idea on what i might be doing wrong?