Shoutbox

Weird bug that kills msn? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Weird bug that kills msn? (/showthread.php?tid=44594)

Weird bug that kills msn? by OnegaiNL on 05-12-2005 at 04:26 PM

Well i don't have any error logs or whatever but whenever i open MSN with "Messenger Plus!" turned on, you see the msn icon in the tray and when i go over it with my mouse it dissapears :S

Anybody knows how to fix this?*-)

I have Windows XP, and i recently changed my keyboard settings from Japanese to Dutch, i had the problem before and i reinstalled it, but since i don't want to reinstall all the time... i want to know the origin of the problem and how to prevent it from happening.

RE: Weird bug that kills msn? by Shezi on 05-12-2005 at 09:30 PM

do u have any plugin installed for msgplus!
chk the plugin in msn contact list window > plus> preferences> plugin.. if u hav any plugin install then disabled them all and chk ur problem... if it fixes ur problem then try to enable plugins one by one and on each try chk problem again n again...

RE: Weird bug that kills msn? by ProblemWv Authority on 05-12-2005 at 09:35 PM

Have you upgraded to the newer version of MSN Messenger 7 (7.0.0813) because I had simular problems with MSN Messenger 7.0.0777 crashing and unexpectidly shutting down. This appears to be fixed in the newer version. You can download it here.

RE: Weird bug that kills msn? by OnegaiNL on 05-12-2005 at 09:53 PM

Thanks for the replies :)

@Shezi: I can't look into that screen cause it crashes, i don't even get the chance to log in :S

@ProblemWv Authority: I use that version ;)

RE: Weird bug that kills msn? by RaceProUK on 05-12-2005 at 09:57 PM

Have you got the latest Plus too (3.52.130)?

RE: Weird bug that kills msn? by OnegaiNL on 05-12-2005 at 10:34 PM

@raceprouk: yeah

RE: Weird bug that kills msn? by Shezi on 05-12-2005 at 10:39 PM

do u have any other addon of msn msngr installed like MsgDiscovery..??

RE: Weird bug that kills msn? by OnegaiNL on 05-12-2005 at 11:07 PM

@Shezi: Nope

i will try reinstalling and MSG + and MSN Messenger itself

RE: Weird bug that kills msn? by RaceProUK on 05-13-2005 at 10:41 PM

Edit your posts please! You obviously know how to.

As for the weird bug, I've got it a couple of times, and I have no idea what causes it.

RE: RE: Weird bug that kills msn? by OnegaiNL on 05-13-2005 at 10:42 PM

quote:
Originally posted by raceprouk
Edit your posts please! You obviously know how to.

As for the weird bug, I've got it a couple of times, and I have no idea what causes it.

Me neither, might be the new msn version?
RE: Weird bug that kills msn? by UpSideDownSide on 05-14-2005 at 12:51 PM

i had the same problem, but only when I signed in and tried to open a conversation window, so I tried MSN 6.2 and the problem remained, so I disabled File Transfer Plus plugin and the problem was gone. Just to check if that was really the problem, I re-enabled the plugin and yes, the problem was back again, so I decided to remove File Transfer plus. it might be just a coincidence but it worked for me. too bad I had to stop using File transfer plus though :(:S

I am using MSN Messenger 7.0.813 and MsgPlus 3.52.130

RE: Weird bug that kills msn? by OnegaiNL on 05-15-2005 at 10:53 PM

any solution to this? 8-)

RE: Weird bug that kills msn? by RaceProUK on 05-16-2005 at 11:11 AM

I guess not.

RE: Weird bug that kills msn? by pwnage97 on 05-16-2005 at 12:03 PM

I got fire tranfer Plus before but disabled and deleted it right away because it was messing up msn somehow, dont remember exactly what it was doing.

anyways, you might have the plug in but you cant turn it off right? so you need to go into the folder it was installed and delete it. if you installed to the default path then its in: C:\Program Files\Messenger Plus! 3\Plugins\ I suggest you just get rid of everything there, just to be sure but dont delete it just move it onto a new folder on the desktop. if that doesnt fix the problem then it wasnt the plug-ins so just move them back. hope it helps :)

RE: RE: Weird bug that kills msn? by OnegaiNL on 05-16-2005 at 04:16 PM

quote:
Originally posted by pwnage97
I got fire tranfer Plus before but disabled and deleted it right away because it was messing up msn somehow, dont remember exactly what it was doing.

anyways, you might have the plug in but you cant turn it off right? so you need to go into the folder it was installed and delete it. if you installed to the default path then its in: C:\Program Files\Messenger Plus! 3\Plugins\ I suggest you just get rid of everything there, just to be sure but dont delete it just move it onto a new folder on the desktop. if that doesnt fix the problem then it wasnt the plug-ins so just move them back. hope it helps :)

I have nothing there @_@
RE: Weird bug that kills msn? by pwnage97 on 05-16-2005 at 11:09 PM

well sry, im all out of ideas. i guess you'll have to reinstall or (heaven forbit) use windows messenger