Shoutbox

11 February - Last debug, last chance to help! - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Announcements (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+---- Forum: Announcements & News (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+----- Forum: Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+------ Thread: 11 February - Last debug, last chance to help! (/showthread.php?tid=4461)

11 February - Last debug, last chance to help! by Patchou on 02-12-2003 at 01:38 AM

Hello!

ok, I think I'm now read ready to distribute this new version to the rest of the world using my new server and the dormant auto-update feature of MP2 that you all have installed :). Before that, I would like you to install this new debug version and confirm me that it works really great!

http://207.44.212.108/~admin3/MsgPlusDebug.zip

Thsi is version 2.01.22 DEBUG, that means that you must not redistribute it yet. The public release will be done by the end of the week (I know, I already said that last week, but I sincerly don't want thousands of peopel to automatically download a buggy version). Again, same thign as before... if you want to help, install this version, try different things, check if the bugs you reported some days ago are corrected and when a problem occurs, send me the "C:\MessengerPlus Dump.txt" file in a zip to debug2018@patchou.com with a godo description of the problem and the time it occured.

Anybody who had crashes in the past days: please, try out this version and if the crash comes again, don't forget to send me the dump file.... I've added more information in it to track the remaining crash problem and I'm only waiting for one of your computers to crash in order to solve it!

Thank you!!!
Patchou

RE: 11 February - Last debug, last chance to help! by RaveRod on 02-12-2003 at 02:21 AM

Only one problem now.

I have StatupMonitor by Mike Lin at http://www.mlin.net installed and now, every time Messenger Plus! v2 is started, I get a popup saying that MSNMSGS has registered to startup on Windows startup.

It's not a BIG problem but it does get annoying having to click "Yes" to allow it EVERY time I boot up.

I've only had this problem since v2.01.18? I think.

I'm running Windows XP with SP1.

If I don't start Messenger Plus! v2 every time, I do not get this message and Messenger starts up without a hitch.

RE: 11 February - Last debug, last chance to help! by lylesback2 on 02-12-2003 at 02:52 AM

mine says 2.01.21 :S i thought it was 22...?  it also says feb 8th :S maybe a restart is needed?

RE: 11 February - Last debug, last chance to help! by RaveRod on 02-12-2003 at 03:00 AM

Mine's v2.01.22, 11 February 2003 and I didn't need to restart.

Maybe the update went haywire somewhere? Try updating again.

RE: 11 February - Last debug, last chance to help! by Patchou on 02-12-2003 at 04:38 AM

Yep, I guess you downloaded the file from your cache... just refresh the link :).

For your problem RaveRod, it's because everytime Messenger starts, it recreates its value in the \Run key of the registry in order to ensure that it will start automatically next time Windows boots up. Messenger Plus! see this key and deletes it when Messenger exits. Instead, it uses its own key (which is not generally needed to be recreated) to launch Messenger (to ensure that Messenger Plus! is launched before MEssenger at startup).

I guess you should just configure your software so that it doesn't pop up anymore for msnmsgr.exe :)

RE: 11 February - Last debug, last chance to help! by MaBo on 02-12-2003 at 06:00 AM

just installed it, gonna start testing it out now

and also mine said v2.01.22, 11 February 2003 and I didn't need to restart.

MaBo

RE: RE: 11 February - Last debug, last chance to help! by Guido on 02-12-2003 at 06:41 AM

Patchou: may it be possible that MP2 (at least 2.0.19 - Feb 6th debug version) makes Messenger log off automatically without saying so? i had this problem for some days now... but i dont know if is plus or messenger (i know many others have it too).

RE: RE: RE: 11 February - Last debug, last chance to help! by MaBo on 02-12-2003 at 09:56 AM

quote:
Originally posted by gfd
Patchou: may it be possible that MP2 (at least 2.0.19 - Feb 6th debug version) makes Messenger log off automatically without saying so? i had this problem for some days now... but i dont know if is plus or messenger (i know many others have it too).

is it where all of a sudden it'll just say 'you cant change you status' or something and the next sec you are logged off when you are trying to change status

well, i've got that problem

MaBo
RE: 11 February - Last debug, last chance to help! by Freeze on 02-12-2003 at 12:58 PM

Great job, at least the bug i submitted was fixed, thanks patchou ;)

Messenger Plus! 2.02 – Readme File

Is this because of the fact that the next version is going to be MP 2.02.23 or is this just a typo?

and third: What about the links to the messenger plus! site, please make them like http://msgplus.net and msgplus.net/firsttime etc, because else, when sending someone MP2, it says "If the download doesn't work, try http://msgplus.patchou.com" and that page doesn't exist, and that way, there is no use at all of that little text, if you make that http://msgplus.net ppl can see the link to the mirrors list, and then download it from thereon :)

RE: 11 February - Last debug, last chance to help! by Patchou on 02-12-2003 at 03:07 PM

Dont worry for the link, it will work soon enough... also... damit lol... don't bother the readme.txt file... it's just that the next public release will be labeled 2.02 :).

Concerning logout problems, what you're saying again confirms what I'm telling you for weeks now..... if at some poitn you have a message saying that you can't change your status or whatever, well, it's because the Messenger server has some problems or because your internet connection has problems (like me at work). Again, I'll repeat myself: Messenger Plus! doesn't mess with Messenger communication precisely to avoid that kind of issue.

Patchou.

RE: RE: 11 February - Last debug, last chance to help! by dom. on 02-12-2003 at 04:21 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
Messenger Plus! doesn't mess with Messenger
:lol: Alot of mess
RE: RE: RE: 11 February - Last debug, last chance to help! by user2319 on 02-12-2003 at 07:04 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Raddie
quote:
Messenger Plus! doesn't mess with Messenger
:lol: Alot of mess

:lol:
RE: RE: 11 February - Last debug, last chance to help! by t94xr on 02-12-2003 at 10:53 PM

quote:
Originally posted by lylesback
mine says 2.01.21 :S i thought it was 22...?  it also says feb 8th :S maybe a restart is needed?

hmmm

[Image: msn_plus_about_dialog.jpg]

So i should assume that the correct version of the updated debug and installed with no reboot?

Maybe when releasing msplus - you should just make a little readme file saying that on some machines a reboot is needed.

Afterall we all dont have a computer using the exact same OS and setup than everyone else...

Oh and why would anyone want to edit the contents of MsgPlus? Who would create an add-on for a msn messenger add-on???

RE: 11 February - Last debug, last chance to help! by Patchou on 02-12-2003 at 11:23 PM

You NEVER need to reboot to install a new version of MsgPlus. If you dont have the correct version number, it probably means that you redownloaded the file from your browser cache.. just do a refresh :)

RE: 11 February - Last debug, last chance to help! by t94xr on 02-13-2003 at 12:45 AM

errr wow your on early....

ohhh i c... well it worked ok on my machine anyhow
i took that pic without a reboot...

I didnt uninstall .21 and just installed .22 directly from the zip...

and who still uses Windows Download. I use Getright.
No "refreshing" needed. No worries about cache... A direct file download manager. While downloading it avoids the windows cache and connects to the file directly...

RE: 11 February - Last debug, last chance to help! by fleetadmiralmatt on 02-13-2003 at 03:11 AM

Plus is getting cooler and cooler :)

No problems to report, Sir! lol :)

RE: 11 February - Last debug, last chance to help! by t94xr on 02-13-2003 at 04:41 AM

i used v1.42 and now this new version

its like the difference between MS Office 4.2 and freaking XP :D

RE: 11 February - Last debug, last chance to help! by billywoods1 on 02-13-2003 at 09:28 PM

Hey - when should we send our bug reports by? By that I mean when are you hoping to release it properly?

RE: RE: 11 February - Last debug, last chance to help! by Guido on 02-13-2003 at 10:29 PM

quote:
Originally posted by billywoods1
Hey - when should we send our bug reports by? By that I mean when are you hoping to release it properly?
The public release will be done by the end of the week.
But as soon as you can :D (O)
RE: 11 February - Last debug, last chance to help! by RaveRod on 02-14-2003 at 03:44 AM

Hey Patchou, I fixed the startup problem.

Went to options in Messenger and unchecked the checkbox that tells it to start on Windows startup.

Now Messenger loads at startup with the annoying prompt.

RE: 11 February - Last debug, last chance to help! by Eagle on 02-14-2003 at 11:16 AM

Hiiii
Thank's Patchou,i'v installed your patch 2.01.22 on Win XP SP1 and it worked  My probleme was wen i opened the contact window and i closed it there was a line remaining,and it fixed it.
I know that it's a test patch i'll try in anyway i can and i'll give you some news on that.
Thank's again.

RE: 11 February - Last debug, last chance to help! by t94xr on 02-14-2003 at 12:27 PM

Hey Patchou

Are you in any need of this file???

RE: 11 February - Last debug, last chance to help! by Chrono on 02-15-2003 at 09:06 AM

I want the new version released soon :grin:

RE: RE: 11 February - Last debug, last chance to help! by fluffy_lobster on 02-15-2003 at 09:41 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Chrono
I want the new version released soon :grin:

* fluffy_lobster agrees...
can I clarify something - when patchou.com is back up, will autoupdate work now, or is that disabled in the debug version? :undecided:
RE: 11 February - Last debug, last chance to help! by [white]shark on 02-15-2003 at 10:08 AM

I'm not the one to answer this, but I don't see any reason why Patchou would have disabled auto-updates, since his debug versions were in fact a utility to help him improve his bug fixes.

Greetz

RE: 11 February - Last debug, last chance to help! by Freeze on 02-15-2003 at 01:09 PM

Uhm, the 2.01.17 had auto-update disabled afaik.
About the being back of the auto-update function, that depends on patchou, i know it was just a temporary disable of the function, since users all over the world were checking for an auto-update ever 5 minutes or so, he had to disable it.

I suppose the function will be back in the next version, but now it will check only once a day, or once a week,... dunno that yet :)

well, for further info, check: http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=4342&pid=37318#pid37318

RE: RE: 11 February - Last debug, last chance to help! by sock on 02-15-2003 at 05:24 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Freeze
Uhm, the 2.01.17 had auto-update disabled afaik.

I'm pretty sure it wasn't removed.... It was modified so MP2 wouldn't check for updates every 5 minutes under no circumstances (even when the last update-check failed). This is important to prevent unnecessary flooding of the update-server, so if you're running an older version, please update....
Anyway, the auto-update doesn't work yet only because the update server is down, but this should change in a couple of days!:D(Y)
RE: 11 February - Last debug, last chance to help! by user2319 on 02-15-2003 at 07:10 PM

quote:
Hello!

ok, I think I'm now read ready to distribute this new version to the rest of the world using my new server and the dormant auto-update feature of MP2 that you all have installed :happy:. Before that, I would like you to install this new debug version and confirm me that it works really great!

<more>

read the whole thread carefully next time please...
RE: 11 February - Last debug, last chance to help! by Patchou on 02-15-2003 at 10:14 PM

You all have auto-update, in build 17 it was justcorrected so that people do not flood my server. If you have a problem, yes I need your dump file. Concerning the auto-start problem, I think (hope) I fixed it... youll tell me when the publci release will be done :)

RE: 11 February - Last debug, last chance to help! by lylesback2 on 02-16-2003 at 12:44 AM

i can't find a problem with it... so i guess it's good to go...

RE: 11 February - Last debug, last chance to help! by krisgreen65 on 02-16-2003 at 10:58 AM

When is the next BETA going to be released?

RE: 11 February - Last debug, last chance to help! by gadgetuk on 02-16-2003 at 12:23 PM

hi all
I have tried again your lastest debug version.2.01.22 ..and still find that under windows xp pro with either 4.6 of 5 of messengers...i cant get remote assist to work...but works fine soon as i uninstall plus....
anyone else tried to remote assist with someone on xp ???
be interesting to know as i help many people on r/assist so need this to work while plus! 2 is installed
otherwise prog works great!

RE: RE: 11 February - Last debug, last chance to help! by user2319 on 02-16-2003 at 06:29 PM

quote:
Originally posted by krisgreen65
When is the next BETA going to be released?

Probably this week, but uhh... just wait and see for yourselfs, :refuck:
RE: 11 February - Last debug, last chance to help! by crazihouse on 02-17-2003 at 01:20 AM

Hey does anyone know when the msgplus site is gonna go online? I can't wait! Im so tired of people asking me to explain them all the time the vast features of msgplus! Thanks for any help!

RE: 11 February - Last debug, last chance to help! by MandersOnline on 02-17-2003 at 08:48 AM

What is the last date and time to send the debug file?

RE: 11 February - Last debug, last chance to help! by Freeze on 02-17-2003 at 04:22 PM

oh my god, i think i really screwed up MP2 this time, i can't change my status to busy or away, or anything else anymore, using the / commands in the msn chat window...
The only thing that i changed was... my nickname,... and this time WITHOUT special format tags...

If you want, i'll send you the debug file, but i'm afraid you won't find anything special in there .....

RE: 11 February - Last debug, last chance to help! by Freeze on 02-17-2003 at 04:41 PM

Okay, i just found out i can't change my status IN ANY WAY to any personal status...

Well... that's serieously fucked up!
i mean, i can' change my status through the shortcuts of the peronal away statusses, not through the /PersoStat command, i just can't change it....

DEBUG version 21.01.22
WinXP
Changes since problem: changed nickname, Installed Clive Barker's Undying and uninstalled that game again :)

RE: 11 February - Last debug, last chance to help! by Patchou on 02-17-2003 at 07:30 PM

Well, can you change your status using Messenger as you would do without Plus! ?... it seems more like a network issue to me than anything else...

RE: 11 February - Last debug, last chance to help! by Freeze on 02-17-2003 at 08:39 PM

uhm, no network problem patchou, i uninstalled plus, reinstalled messenger, and reinstalled plus, and everything worked fine again...

this was my problem: nothing that was typed into the msn chat window actually worked, (!IP) for instance or (!N)... the only thing that DID work was the /me command....

RE: 11 February - Last debug, last chance to help! by lylesback2 on 02-17-2003 at 11:07 PM

remote assistance is messed up on mine too...

RE: RE: 11 February - Last debug, last chance to help! by Bladerunner on 02-17-2003 at 11:18 PM

quote:
Originally posted by crazihouse
Hey does anyone know when the msgplus site is gonna go online? I can't wait! Im so tired of people asking me to explain them all the time the vast features of msgplus! Thanks for any help!

Put the explination in a quicktext ;)
RE: 11 February - Last debug, last chance to help! by jpg050 on 02-17-2003 at 11:49 PM

Well, yesterday I tried to remotely assist a pal and it didn't work... but didn't associate it with Plus!... if he sent me a request, the dialog box of "connecting" didn't appear or gave an error... if I was the one sending a request, it gave the error after showing the remote toolbar...

RE: RE: 11 February - Last debug, last chance to help! by Dane on 02-18-2003 at 12:29 AM

quote:
Originally posted by jpg050
Well, yesterday I tried to remotely assist a pal and it didn't work... but didn't associate it with Plus!... if he sent me a request, the dialog box of "connecting" didn't appear or gave an error... if I was the one sending a request, it gave the error after showing the remote toolbar...

Known Error that can occur sometimes with ZoneLabs® ZoneAlarm® Software, Same with ZoneLabs® ZoneAlarm® Pro
RE: 11 February - Last debug, last chance to help! by Freeze on 02-18-2003 at 03:45 PM

AND with badly configured routers or shared inet connections ;)

RE: 11 February - Last debug, last chance to help! by jpg050 on 02-19-2003 at 12:32 AM

Don't have a LAN, don't have a router and don't have a firewall xD If I close Messenger, kill MP2 process then run Messenger again (no need to uninstall xD), it runs fine.

(It must be related to something recently included, as I remember using remote assistance with a previous beta installed)

RE: 11 February - Last debug, last chance to help! by Wabz on 02-22-2003 at 11:41 PM

Wabz sugguests you get a firewall and router to keep you secure and unhackable

Kapeesh