Shoutbox

Transparent Computer Screens..(Pictures) - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Transparent Computer Screens..(Pictures) (/showthread.php?tid=44612)

Transparent Computer Screens..(Pictures) by Shezi on 05-12-2005 at 09:47 PM

I had got e-mail from ma frnd with the topic Amazing Laptop and i got these pics...

[Image: screen2.jpg]
[Image: screen3.jpg]
[Image: screen4.jpg]
[Image: screen5.jpg]
[Image: screen6.jpg]
[Image: screen7.jpg]
[Image: screen8.jpg]
[Image: screen9.jpg]
[Image: screen10.jpg]
[Image: screen11.jpg]

MORE PICS

when i saw this i was completely astonished and thinking Was that possible till yet.. ??
then i start google and i came to know the real fact that this is not an Advance technology and no laptop like this yet invented and the pics are just fake but EXCELLENT image editing... ;)

if u ever seen anything like this but REAL (not image edited) then share it... ;)

RE: Transparent Computer Screens.. by M73A on 05-12-2005 at 09:51 PM

Woah ....some good photoshoppers? lol

RE: Transparent Computer Screens..(Pictures) by RaceProUK on 05-12-2005 at 10:00 PM

Where's that old news pic?

RE: Transparent Computer Screens..(Pictures) by ProblemWv Authority on 05-12-2005 at 10:03 PM

They take a picture of the area before hand and then line it all up! Its clever, its like an art lol.

RE: Transparent Computer Screens..(Pictures) by ~INVASION~ on 05-12-2005 at 10:04 PM

quote:
Originally posted by raceprouk
Where's that old news pic?

hahahaha no kidding

its not actually transparent...its just a digi cam pic tooken with the laptop moved out of the way then made as a wallpaper...very awesome trick tho :D

RE: Transparent Computer Screens..(Pictures) by Supersonicdarky on 05-12-2005 at 10:06 PM

and notice it's a mac :dodgy:

RE: Transparent Computer Screens..(Pictures) by Shezi on 05-12-2005 at 10:09 PM

quote:
Originally posted by supersonicdarky
and notice it's a mac :dodgy:
visit this link u can see the pics with other os also.. ;)
http://www.flickr.com/groups/transparentscreens/pool/
RE: Transparent Computer Screens..(Pictures) by mwe99 on 05-12-2005 at 10:33 PM

Way too much time on his hands...

Image 5 didn't line up

RE: Transparent Computer Screens..(Pictures) by Chris4 on 05-12-2005 at 11:02 PM

quote:
Originally posted by mwe99
Way too much time on his hands...

Image 5 didn't line up

Haha well spotted.

Dwergs posted this ages ago on his blog.
RE: Transparent Computer Screens..(Pictures) by Purity on 05-12-2005 at 11:05 PM

I was gonna do something like that but There is nothing but a wall behind my monitor....

RE: Transparent Computer Screens..(Pictures) by dylan! on 05-13-2005 at 01:32 AM

damn:P...that would be awesome...if it was real :dodgy: to bd:(...those looked cool

RE: Transparent Computer Screens..(Pictures) by YottabyteWizard on 05-13-2005 at 02:34 AM

they...must...be real..... the way the technology is getting better and smaller I think in not much time a company will make this kind of screens. I won't think it twice to buy them... it would be awesome. Very clever alpha images.

RE: Transparent Computer Screens..(Pictures) by blackjack on 05-13-2005 at 03:24 AM

Awesome pics :P heres a tutorial to do that.. Good Tutorials

But seems like its down or something.. i cant access :(

RE: Transparent Computer Screens..(Pictures) by ayjay on 08-01-2005 at 09:32 PM

http://images.abunawaf.com/2005/04/screen8.jpg
That's one's amazing.

Tutorial from http://tokyoahead.com/main/article.php/transparentscreen...

1: Get a digital camera. If your PC screen has a 1024 resolution, you should have at least a 5 Megapixel camera, depending on how much of the final picture will be covered with the screen of your PC.
2: Close all applications on the screen and set a red or green background for your desktop. Illumiate the sceen so that you do not need a flash.
3: Place the camera on a tripod and take a picture of your PC with the screen in place.
4: Take the same picture without the screen. If you have a laptop, it might be enough to simply close the laptop.
5: Import the first picture with the screen into a good image-manipulation software, (Photoshop).
6: Now, add a layer to the picture and paste the second version of the picture, without the screen over it.
7: Make the top layer 100% transparent.
8: Select the computer screens content of the lower layer with the wand tool (which is easy if you have a uniform-colored desktop from step 2).
9: Leave the selection and make the top layer visible enough. It has now selected the exact area that would be covered by the inner area of you display without the frame. Copy this into the clipboard.
10: Now, create a new picture, emtpy, which has exatly the pixel-proportions of your screen (1024x786 etc).
11: Paste the clipboard into the new background image.
12: Distort the contents so that it covers the whole screen without removing any part of it or leaving a white spot.
13: Save the picture as JPG witout compression.
14: Set this picture as your new Desktop background
15: With the tripod at the same place as before, take the final shot of your finished scenery!

RE: Transparent Computer Screens..(Pictures) by Shezi on 08-02-2005 at 07:54 AM

@ ajd its really helpfull . (y). i think mike should follow this to get the better result.. :)

RE: Transparent Computer Screens..(Pictures) by user27089 on 08-02-2005 at 09:53 AM

They're all really cool pictures, I'm going to try and make one I think, just need to find my tripod, it's somewhere in the house. I will post the picture here when I've done it!

RE: Transparent Computer Screens..(Pictures) by saralk on 08-02-2005 at 10:02 AM

I wish i could do it with my pc, but the screen is attached to the PC itself, so I can't :(

RE: Transparent Computer Screens..(Pictures) by guanako on 08-02-2005 at 04:03 PM

im gonna try it my self i have a flat one :D
[Image: Compaq_15_LCD_5017m.jpg]

RE: Transparent Computer Screens..(Pictures) by YottabyteWizard on 08-02-2005 at 04:14 PM

quote:
Originally posted by guanako
im gonna try it my self i have a flat one :D
[Image: Compaq_15_LCD_5017m.jpg]

Nooooo! You just going to destroy a flat monitor! Maybe it would be much more usefull if i have it8-)
RE: Transparent Computer Screens..(Pictures) by guanako on 08-02-2005 at 04:15 PM

quote:
Nooooo! You just going to destroy a flat monitor! Maybe it would be much more usefull if i have it
u think i can send to you :p only if u pay the shipping and everything :d
RE: RE: Transparent Computer Screens..(Pictures) by YottabyteWizard on 08-02-2005 at 04:29 PM

quote:
Originally posted by guanako
quote:
Nooooo! You just going to destroy a flat monitor! Maybe it would be much more usefull if i have it
u think i can send to you :p only if u pay the shipping and everything :d

I'll think I pass, just let us know if it work:o) (poor flat monitor :'()