Shoutbox

Forum Suggestion : New Directory - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: Forum & Website (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+----- Thread: Forum Suggestion : New Directory (/showthread.php?tid=44617)

Forum Suggestion : New Directory by Jhrono on 05-12-2005 at 11:31 PM

Hello fellow members :P..

I had an idea..what if we had a new directory near :
logout - user cp - member list - search - help - rules - calendar - shoutbox - irc
...with the title 'User Contributions'...
with things the user made, like per example...a euro-gbp convertor, a tutorial explaining how to unninstal the sponsor program ...that kind of stuff...junk but usefull junk :P...or maybe users could put theyr plugins too, but the plugin db exists for that porpuse...what do you think?

'Cause some people have good stuff, like tutorials, but puting them at theyr own site wont have 1/20 of the visits it'd get here :)

(meh i feel like i made typos all over the answer :S)

RE: Forum Suggestion : New Directory by mwe99 on 05-12-2005 at 11:44 PM

Yar it's a good idea. If the files couldn't be uploaded due to space possibly links to threads etc?

RE: Forum Suggestion : New Directory by ShawnZ on 05-12-2005 at 11:53 PM

That sort of ties into the 'Free 1mb or so of space' idea, files could be hosted on the board, and you could view them from there, and even have the option to share them maby

RE: Forum Suggestion : New Directory by Pr0xY on 05-13-2005 at 12:16 AM

I like that idea.  I has accouple things I've suggested before, all in one.  I really hope the admins consider this idea. 

RE: Forum Suggestion : New Directory by Jhrono on 05-13-2005 at 07:55 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Shawnz

That sort of ties into the 'Free 1mb or so of space' idea, files could be hosted on the board, and you could view them from there, and even have the option to share them maby

Nah, i'm saying like, if a user makes a good thing, he'd propose to the admins to put it there :P...not free hosting :dodgy: :lol: