Shoutbox

BUG ? many Custom Names, in chat window - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Bug Reports (/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+----- Thread: BUG ? many Custom Names, in chat window (/showthread.php?tid=44638)

BUG ? many Custom Names, in chat window by TazDevil on 05-13-2005 at 03:01 PM

Custom names work real nice for me, the problem is just when i am in
a conversation with more than one person in the same conversation that is...
and more than one of me contacts are writting a messages (in the same conversation, i stress that), then the sentence in the status bar does not show the contact names and shows their emails instead...

Can this be fixed please...
It's kinda annoying :S

RE: BUG ? many Custom Names, in chat window by rav0 on 05-14-2005 at 03:48 AM

If you enable Custom Names, then the custom names for all your contacts defaut to their email addresses, which you then change to the names that you want. If you do not set a name for a contact, then their email address will be displayed. Update: Incorrect, see post 460958

Perhaps an option could be added;

quote:
If I don't define a custom name for a contact, then
  • use the contacts email address
OR
  • use the contacts display name.

If someone asks, I will make a feature request for this. Update: Irrelavant to this topic, see post 460958.
RE: BUG ? many Custom Names, in chat window by rav0 on 05-14-2005 at 04:16 AM

Hmmm ... seems I was a bit tipsy whan I posted above. It's all wrong! :$

If you enable Messenger Plus! Custom Names, then when MSN Messenger is set to display contacts by email address, Messenger Plus! takes control of the displayed names, in the contact list, but not in toast notifications, or in the user typing messages, as TazDevil noted, and wants done.

Messenger Plus! defaults contact custom names to thier display names if you don't enter one.

I thought I should note that emoticons don't display im names when Messenger Plus displays them, unlike if you just show your contacts names normally. I will edit the above post.

RE: BUG ? many Custom Names, in chat window by TazDevil on 05-14-2005 at 10:51 AM

in order to clarify thinks...
i have got custom names working just fine the problem is shown in the picture below

[Image: custom%20names.JPG]

RE: BUG ? many Custom Names, in chat window by GroteSmurf on 05-14-2005 at 06:12 PM

This has already been posted a while ago. See this post Custom Contact Names with Two or More Participants