Shoutbox

who believes there is more than only a world - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: who believes there is more than only a world (/showthread.php?tid=44656)

who believes there is more than only a world by Mystiek on 05-13-2005 at 10:02 PM

who believes there is more than only a world?

RE: who believes there is more than only a world by DJeX on 05-13-2005 at 10:09 PM

What do you mean by is there more than only a world? Ony 1 planet with people? Other life forms?

RE: who believes there is more than only a world by Mystiek on 05-13-2005 at 10:11 PM

other life forms

RE: who believes there is more than only a world by Purity on 05-13-2005 at 10:15 PM

I believe something completely different, like an actual world, a new place, that isn't really physically in the universe.

RE: who believes there is more than only a world by M73A on 05-13-2005 at 10:19 PM

u have to be pretty narrow minded to think we are the ONLY life form out there.....there other universes and other galaxies...whats to say theres nothing there..

RE: who believes there is more than only a world by Shezi on 05-13-2005 at 10:19 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Extacy
I believe something completely different, like an actual world, a new place, that isn't really physically in the universe.
i think u r religious person.. ;)
RE: who believes there is more than only a world by DJeX on 05-13-2005 at 10:21 PM

I do believe in other Dimentios tho. Like the 4th, 5th and 6th dimentsions.

There would be totaly diferent life forms. Say for example in the 4th dimention there would be because ever thing would be 4D.

Since we can only see 2D and 3D we can not see 4D or any others.

RE: who believes there is more than only a world by M73A on 05-13-2005 at 10:22 PM

quote:
Originally posted by DJeX

There would be totaly diferent life forms. Say for example in the 4th dimention there would be because ever thing would be 4D.

4d? apparently 4d is time according to my physics teacher lol

lol and on red dwarf if anyone hear watched it the 5th dimension is co-existing realities. lol...it may be a theory because lots of stuff from red dwarf if based on stuff in a book by that scientist in the wheelchair, gonna get flamed for forgettin his name *-) hmm its gone...
RE: who believes there is more than only a world by Shezi on 05-13-2005 at 10:25 PM

quote:
Originally posted by may73alliance
can u defines these dimensions... ????
i m ancious to know how they looks like.. ;)
RE: who believes there is more than only a world by DJeX on 05-13-2005 at 10:37 PM

quote:
Originally posted by may73alliance
quote:
Originally posted by DJeX

4d? apparently 4d is time according to my physics teacher lol

lol and on red dwarf if anyone hear watched it the 5th dimension is co-existing realities. lol...it may be a theory because lots of stuff from red dwarf if based on stuff in a book by that scientist in the wheelchair, gonna get flamed for forgettin his name *-) hmm its gone...

LOL woops 4D is time, sorry it's actually 5D. But what would 4D look like?

This page explains it: http://tetraspace.alkaline.org/
RE: who believes there is more than only a world by ProblemWv Authority on 05-13-2005 at 10:38 PM

As far as i know, there are only 4 dimentions. Breadth, depth, length and time. Time is the 4th dimention. I don't think there are any more.

RE: who believes there is more than only a world by FrozernFire on 05-14-2005 at 03:04 AM

people might say that the chances of a planet being inhabitable is very slim. but think of it, there are uncountable stars/planets in the universe

RE: who believes there is more than only a world by DJeX on 05-14-2005 at 04:50 AM

Who said life forms can't adapt to a planet? There may be some that have. :P

RE: who believes there is more than only a world by dylan! on 05-14-2005 at 04:58 AM

:|:O i got a headache from thinking to hard about this and reading so much about it...lol now my head hurts:(

RE: who believes there is more than only a world by Purity on 05-14-2005 at 06:10 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Shezi
quote:
Originally posted by Extacy
i think u r religious person.. ;)
Not really....:-/

I don't care for church and stuff like that, it's hard to believe in all that stuff...
RE: who believes there is more than only a world by Vazza on 05-14-2005 at 06:44 AM

Hmmm.....Anyone ever seen Sliding Doors? Well its that theroy that I believe, that there a multiple timelines running together and that our actions determine what timeline we are in.

Plus, if there isn't, tell me why I hear voices asking to open the door, because the worlds have been connected........or maybe thats too much Kingdom Hearts

RE: who believes there is more than only a world by ~INVASION~ on 05-14-2005 at 06:53 AM

most deffinately more worlds, there just has to be

RE: who believes there is more than only a world by Mystiek on 05-14-2005 at 11:41 AM

quote:
Originally posted by ~INVASION~
most deffinately more worlds, there just has to be

I agree with you
RE: who believes there is more than only a world by RaceProUK on 05-14-2005 at 03:27 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Vazza
Well its that theroy that I believe, that there a multiple timelines running together and that our actions determine what timeline we are in.
That's the Many-Worlds theory I think, proposed by some guy whose name begins with E...
* RaceProUK goes to Wikipedia
Everett's the guy who came up with Many-Worlds.
RE: who believes there is more than only a world by emit on 05-15-2005 at 01:28 AM

Drake's equation, using currently acceptable scientific figures, shows that for a galaxy the size of the Milky Way there would exist 15 inhabited planets with evolved species like humans. And that's pure science. Current string theory suggests that there are 11 dimensions in total, but that the higher level ones (ie above time, the 4th dimension) are curled up as if tightly wound string. Again, that's science. There are many metaphyiscal arguments about parallel dimensions where each decision every person makes creates another branch of an alternate reality so that all possibilities are played out, but blah to that stuff.

M.

RE: who believes there is more than only a world by saralk on 05-15-2005 at 09:31 AM

I do think that there are other planets with life on because if you look out at night, there are so many stars, and they all have a gravitational field, so lets say only half of the stars have 8 planets orbiting around them, thats still a huge amount of planets, and the chances are at least one of them will have life on.

RE: who believes there is more than only a world by zach on 05-15-2005 at 11:26 AM

I think that there is but just thinking about it puts my brain on overload!

RE: who believes there is more than only a world by Cyentist on 05-16-2005 at 12:29 AM

There definetly more planets that are inhabited by intelligent life forms.  The universe is infinite, it's just probability that there is another "earth" out there.  Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if there are humans, either past, present, or future, living on some planet like a googolplex light-years away (in a galaxy far, far away...... lol8-|)

RE: who believes there is more than only a world by SikStyles on 05-16-2005 at 01:34 AM

wut if there are ppl just like us, who listen to music, watch movies and act like us, in far far in the universe,,wouldnt that be cool to meet them one day..man this is so exciting :P

RE: who believes there is more than only a world by Pyroteq on 05-16-2005 at 10:02 AM

They allready think there is life on mars under the surface beacuse they found some chemical that creates life or somthing like that, but they have only looked on the surface.. so in 2010 they will send a mission to find out

RE: who believes there is more than only a world by RaceProUK on 05-16-2005 at 11:15 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Scone
They allready think there is life on mars under the surface beacuse they found some chemical that creates life or somthing like that
They've found traces of chemicals that on Earth can only be produced by organisms. That makes them think there may be primitive 'bacteria'.
RE: who believes there is more than only a world by Mystiek on 05-16-2005 at 11:57 AM

quote:
Originally posted by raceprouk
quote:
Originally posted by Scone
They allready think there is life on mars under the surface beacuse they found some chemical that creates life or somthing like that
They've found traces of chemicals that on Earth can only be produced by organisms. That makes them think there may be primitive 'bacteria'.

I think they also found ice at mars