Shoutbox

iPod Messenger - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: iPod Messenger (/showthread.php?tid=44723)

iPod Messenger by terrill on 05-15-2005 at 03:11 AM

iPod Messenger, and U2 iPod Messenger are available for download! 

Hope everyone enjoys the smoothness that comes with this skin.  Comments are welcomed!

edit// forgot the link to download :o
http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/18073271/

RE: iPod Messenger by DJeX on 05-15-2005 at 03:21 AM

WOW kool bit only one prob. I can't send my contacts messages. It locks up the chat window when ever I type.

RE: iPod Messenger by Jhrono on 05-15-2005 at 03:23 AM

WOOW Fancy :D..
better then Wave 11 :D..

* Jhrono downloads

RE: RE: iPod Messenger by terrill on 05-15-2005 at 03:31 AM

quote:
Originally posted by DJeX
WOW kool bit only one prob. I can't send my contacts messages. It locks up the chat window when ever I type.

Make sure you install on a CLEAN version of MSN.  There should be no such problems.   Its been used, and used again, 10,000 times.   
quote:
Originally posted by Johny
WOOW Fancy :D..
better then Wave 11 :D..

* Johny downloads

Thanks!   Glad you like it. 
RE: iPod Messenger by DJeX on 05-15-2005 at 03:34 AM

I just downloaded a clean version off msn.ca still don't work.

RE: iPod Messenger by terrill on 05-15-2005 at 03:37 AM

Make sure your status is set to online.  *shrugs*
It's definetely NOT the skin that is the problem...

RE: iPod Messenger by DJeX on 05-15-2005 at 03:46 AM

Oh wow, so sorry! I forgot it was set to auto appear offline when I log in. It's hard to tell if your online or offline in the skin tho.

RE: iPod Messenger by M73A on 05-15-2005 at 08:44 AM

wow, love the skin:| looks really good, but i like having more space to see my contacts.. *-)

RE: iPod Messenger by _cindern on 05-15-2005 at 08:52 AM

I think it sucks more then prostitutes, but that is my own opinion.

RE: RE: iPod Messenger by Veggie on 05-15-2005 at 09:37 AM

quote:
Originally posted by _cindern

Nice with the sex joke there (y)

Im still waiting for a Longhorn slate skin for msn...

RE: iPod Messenger by Jhrono on 05-15-2005 at 10:32 AM

quote:

ASS...his job is really good, or do u think your 'Concepts' Beat him?:dodgy:
RE: iPod Messenger by _cindern on 05-15-2005 at 10:34 AM

No, not really, all I am saying is, if you actually try the skin, or see more screenshots of it, you will realise it isn't brilliant, bits are out of place and just don't look right.

RE: iPod Messenger by user27089 on 05-15-2005 at 10:53 AM

I don't really like it that much at all, it doesn't blend in too well, I think that there should be a WinAmp skin made.

RE: RE: iPod Messenger by terrill on 05-15-2005 at 01:33 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Johny
quote:

ASS...his job is really good, or do u think your 'Concepts' Beat him?:dodgy:

Thats funny.  I did like the look of his concept though.  Someone should make it.

quote:
No, not really, all I am saying is, if you actually try the skin, or see more screenshots of it, you will realise it isn't brilliant, bits are out of place and just don't look right.

Skinning is a trade-off.  You have two finite things, time and details, and are two are mutually exclusive.  I could be like Rolando and take forever to release a skin, making thousands of people wait, but having the skin perfect.  Or I could go from idea to design to release in less than 3 weeks ( or was it 2?), and bring a smile to thousands of peoples faces. 

You dont have to appreciate it,  but take it for what it is. A skin that tries to replicate a real life object, and then add some cool stuff to it.  Change a UI file that much, and theres bound to be some quirks.  Truth is, no one else has.
RE: iPod Messenger by _cindern on 05-15-2005 at 01:57 PM

Sorry, if I slightly offended you Terrill. Also, what were you laughing at? What I said or? and thanks for the approval of my concept.

RE: iPod Messenger by Supersonicdarky on 05-15-2005 at 02:45 PM

at first i thought it was a messenger that you upload to your ipod :|

RE: iPod Messenger by Veggie on 05-16-2005 at 05:52 PM

quote:
Originally posted by supersonicdarky
at first i thought it was a messenger that you upload to your ipod :|
Thats what i aslo thought

quote:
Originally posted by traxor
I don't really like it that much at all, it doesn't blend in too well, I think that there should be a WinAmp skin made.
There are quite a few ipod skins heres one  http://winamp.com/skins/details.php?id=144303

RE: iPod Messenger by absorbation on 05-16-2005 at 05:55 PM

People have had access to it for ages on the skin thread. I heard about your relese a week and a bit ago :P The u2 one looks good ;)

RE: iPod Messenger by Concord Dawn on 05-16-2005 at 06:20 PM

It's a nice looking skin, but impractical due to small contact list space and a few other things that are rather apparent from the screenshot.

RE: RE: iPod Messenger by terrill on 05-16-2005 at 06:30 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Chaotic_Shield
It's a nice looking skin, but impractical due to small contact list space and a few other things that are rather apparent from the screenshot.

Its scales just fine,  dont worry.   A tall iPod looks surprisingly good.  I did develope it on a 1280x1024 screen, so that would be the recommended resolution.  It might seem big at anything less than that.

edit//  just out of curiosity, what other things make it impractical?   I like to hear feedback,  there will be a version 2 in the future. :)
RE: iPod Messenger by absorbation on 05-16-2005 at 07:29 PM

One thing is the white corners you can see is it possible to get rid of that?

RE: iPod Messenger by terrill on 05-16-2005 at 07:39 PM

Unfortunately no, thats not possible to get rid of, unless you get into the actual source code of messenger, and even then I have never seen it done.   

"and a few other things that are rather apparent from the screenshot."

Thats not even apparent from the screenshot.  So what is "rather" apparent?    Hmm,  I'll go out on a limb and say it might be hard to get used to having all the buttons in the conversation window in one place, but as with any skin there is change.   

Do yourself a favour and back up you claims better before flaiming something.  This is how you loose credibility people.