Shoutbox

handwriting/type bar - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: handwriting/type bar (/showthread.php?tid=44735)

handwriting/type bar by super-schaf on 05-15-2005 at 07:43 AM

can anyone tell me if there are any add on buttons on the area were you can select handwritingand type????

Richard

RE: handwriting/type bar by J.J on 05-15-2005 at 07:56 AM

If you mean if there are any addons/plugins which add more things to where the handwriting tab is, there isn't any as far as i know :undecided:

RE: handwriting/type bar by haydos on 05-15-2005 at 08:11 AM

No, the convert button doesnt allow both text and handwriting. I havnt yet heard of this being possible but it sounds like a pretty good idea.

It could cause problems, however, it could be difficult if the program/plug-in put the text directly over the handwriting (black on black you wouldnt be able to read it), or left big gaps to avoid handwritten things.

RE: handwriting/type bar by super-schaf on 05-15-2005 at 08:20 AM

but on a few screenshots there is a convert button!(ive seen it but never knew were to download it from!

RE: handwriting/type bar by haydos on 05-15-2005 at 09:35 AM

I know there is a convert button. I think it comes with the old ink/handwriting plug-ins (which tend to be a little dodgy with newer versions of MSNM) As far as i know did not allow handwriting and text together

RE: handwriting/type bar by Eljay on 05-15-2005 at 09:43 AM

i used to have the convert tab

you draw in it same as handwriting tab and then click send and it sends as converted text

download

RE: handwriting/type bar by CookieRevised on 05-15-2005 at 03:25 PM

Other then the convert tab there are no other tabs inside that bar, nor other plugins or addons which add something there...

With the convert tab you can write text with your mouse and it will be automatically converted to typed text.

For the convert tab to work you first need to enable handwriting. But the convert tab will still not work after you've installed the Ink Redistributables and/or the full plugin. For this you need to register another DLL which used to be on this site: http://www.mongfish.com/msnmsgr/.

Note that the handwriting plugin from TheBlasphemer is designed for MSN Messenger 6 only, and can even give conflicts when used in MSN Messenger 7. The link provided by Lee Jeffery is this specific handwriting plugin (with convert) for MSN Messenger 6.

To get the convert tab in msn messenger 7 you need to manually copy some language specific DLL as describe above, unfortunatly the site is down atm.

RE: handwriting/type bar by terrill on 05-15-2005 at 04:46 PM

I added a button to that area in my skins.  It toggles the Formatting Toolbar.   The toolbar toggle buttons should come standard in MSN, theyre so useful.  Check out Washed Messenger or either of the iPod messengers to see what i'm talking about