Shoutbox

Fire Fox - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Fire Fox (/showthread.php?tid=44752)

Fire Fox by zach on 05-15-2005 at 02:18 PM

Why when I have multiple tabs open and close the window, somtimes it says are you sure and other times it doesn't?

RE: Fire Fox by Anubis on 05-15-2005 at 02:23 PM

It depends if this is checked;
In the main Firefox window go to Tools > Options > Advanced > Tab Browsing > Warn when closing multiple tabs.
If that box is ticked, then it will warn you, if not, you will have no warning.

RE: Fire Fox by Zephyr on 05-15-2005 at 03:16 PM

quote:
Originally posted by zach
Why when I have multiple tabs open and close the window, somtimes it says are you sure and other times it doesn't?

Is this on the same firefox profile because it could be a different setting for different profiles.
RE: Fire Fox by zach on 05-16-2005 at 04:07 AM

I am on the same account and I do have that warning box ticked, but sometimes it does warn and other times it doesn't. Like, I'll click The close window button now and see what happens *closes window* I didn't warn me. Now I'll open a new FireFox window and close it with several tabs open *opens FF window* It warned me on that one. It seems like it only warns me when there is two windows open with tabs. I have The "Session Saver" plug-in so, that is good for if I accidently close the window

RE: Fire Fox by segosa on 05-16-2005 at 06:33 AM

It only warns if you have more than one tab open..

RE: RE: Fire Fox by zach on 05-16-2005 at 06:55 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Segosa
It only warns if you have more than one tab open..

I know that. I have 7 tabs open now, but it wont warn me when I close the window. But if I have another window open, it will warn me.
RE: Fire Fox by user27089 on 05-16-2005 at 07:04 AM

I think that's just a firefox bug, try going to https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/ and see if there are any bugs associated with this on that site.

RE: Fire Fox by zach on 05-16-2005 at 07:35 AM

Yeah. I think it must be.

I haven't tried re-installing it yet. I am updating firefox now because there is a new update out and hopefully that will fix it.

RE: Fire Fox by Chris4 on 05-16-2005 at 11:24 PM

Try the basic thingys like reinstalling Firefox.
Update to the latest version (1.0.4 to date)

If it's just a bug.. you should be able to get rid of it by the steps above.

RE: Fire Fox by zach on 05-17-2005 at 09:12 AM

Is there anywhere that people can post suggestions for firefox?

How does that master password thing work? I have the password composer plugin.

I thought that I just posted, but I can't find it so I will say it again.
How do I use the "master password" thing? I have the password composer plugin.

RE: Fire Fox by user2319 on 05-17-2005 at 12:54 PM

Bugs go to https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/. I guess suggestions go to https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/request.cgi.

RE: Fire Fox by zach on 05-18-2005 at 07:05 AM

I reported it.
https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=294455

Edit:
When I uninstalled sessionsaver, it warns me. So right now I don't have sessonsaver. I would like it though, so can someone please tell me if they find anything out about this problem.

I have posted the problem on MozillaZine here.

Here's some stuff on sessionsaver. I have noticed some people with the same problem.

quote:
For that master password thing, why does it only ask to save the password for some sites? I want it to be able to remember my hotmail one, but the only one it has asked me to add is the bugzilla site.
I've got it working now. I added this password composer (scroll down) to my bookmarks, because sometimes the red arrow doesn't show. The only annoying thing is that you if I put a password on hotmail, I have to remember it for msn.

-
I can't find an "Allow right click" plugin that works.
RE: Fire Fox by Ahmad on 05-19-2005 at 07:18 AM

quote:
Originally posted by zach
I can't find an "Allow right click" plugin that works.

http://roachfiend.com/archives/2005/03/03/allow-right-click/
RE: Fire Fox by zach on 05-20-2005 at 02:30 AM

Nope,
http://roachfiend.com/archives/2005/03/03/allow-right-click/  doesn't work.

quote:
It's possible that the extension Session Saver is not completely compatible with the version of firefox you are using. I would suggest your reporting this problem to the developer of this extension, given the fact that the closing tab feature works correctly ( ? ) when the extension is not installed.
Yes, it does work when I don't have the sessionsaver plugin installed. I don't know how to report the problem to the developer. Edit Done ;)
RE: Fire Fox by uberdosis on 05-20-2005 at 02:57 PM

For someone with ff in their avatar  and sig you dont seem to know to much about it.

RE: RE: Fire Fox by zach on 05-20-2005 at 10:10 PM

quote:
For someone with ff in their avatar  and sig you dont seem to know to much about it.

So... *-) I can't know everything about it. I can see why you have -6 reputation [make that -12] I don't think I can keep changing it each time it goes down...
RE: Fire Fox by user2319 on 05-21-2005 at 12:14 PM

He is correct, zach. Wouldn't it be stupid if someone was advertising Mercedes heavily, and then was asking "so uhh.. how do I brake?". Okay, your question wasn't that stupid, but you sure don't seem to know much about it.

RE: Fire Fox by zach on 05-21-2005 at 01:07 PM

Okay, but still...
Edit:
Some people have got the Msg Plus! logo in their avatar and siggy, but I'm sure that they don't know everything about it. They have to learn how to use the features somehow.

Well I have stopped advertising firefox so heavily now, if that makes you happy :banana: :P

I've asked about tabs: Sessionsaver bug
Password Composer: Not very easy to use, uninstalled
Right Click: Doesn't work

If you have any other questions, you can post here ;)

And thanks for agreeing Chris ;)

RE: Fire Fox by Chris4 on 05-21-2005 at 01:36 PM

Why does zach need to no alot about Firefox, just because he is advertising FF. I could have my display pic and sig to advertise FF if i wanted, because I think it's a good browser. Doesn't mean I have to no everything about it does it?

RE: Fire Fox by segosa on 05-24-2005 at 07:58 AM

Sorry about off-topicness but what did zach ask?

RE: Fire Fox by zach on 05-24-2005 at 08:02 AM

quote:
Zach, if you want right click, I recommend a piece of software called proxomitron, a local proxy that can enable the right click option for any page, and so much more.
It takes some time to learn, but IMHO it's well worth it.
-Got that ;) I normally only have it on for IE, but I will set it up now for firefox.

quote:
Sorry about off-topicness but what did zach ask?
-I don't have any more questions.
RE: Fire Fox by -Bogan- on 05-24-2005 at 08:08 AM

quote:
Originally posted by chris4
Why does zach need to no alot about Firefox, just because he is advertising FF. I could have my display pic and sig to advertise FF if i wanted, because I think it's a good browser. Doesn't mean I have to no everything about it does it?

so if someone asks him why they should change or are having problems with FF they can ask him and he can tell them + it's good to know about the program your using so you can fix your own problems instead of getting someone else to fix it for you.
RE: RE: Fire Fox by Chris4 on 05-24-2005 at 05:43 PM

quote:
Originally posted by -Bogan-
quote:
Originally posted by chris4

so if someone asks him why they should change or are having problems with FF they can ask him and he can tell them + it's good to know about the program your using so you can fix your own problems instead of getting someone else to fix it for you.

True.. but you can't know everything about FireFox.
RE: Fire Fox by zach on 05-24-2005 at 09:10 PM

quote:
True.. but you can't know everything about FireFox.
Yeah. You have to learn how to use the features somehow.