Shoutbox

II got this after installing messenger plus! Cant chat anymore =/ - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: II got this after installing messenger plus! Cant chat anymore =/ (/showthread.php?tid=44756)

II got this after installing messenger plus! Cant chat anymore =/ by WarStrike on 05-15-2005 at 02:45 PM

After i installed messenger plus all my contacts and my name is gone and i cant chat to everyone. Here's a screenshot

Any ideas?

I tried uninstalling msn 7 and messenger plus. but after i reinstalled msn 7 on its own, i still got this error.

Help? Its freaking annoying

RE: II got this after installing messenger plus! Cant chat anymore =/ by Patchou on 05-15-2005 at 02:47 PM

If you still have the problem without Messenger Plus! installed, then I suggest you contact Microsoft about it... let us know.

RE: II got this after installing messenger plus! Cant chat anymore =/ by mwe99 on 05-15-2005 at 03:00 PM

This problem has been described in this thread too:

http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=44358

No-one seemed to work out the problem though.

RE: II got this after installing messenger plus! Cant chat anymore =/ by WarStrike on 05-15-2005 at 03:05 PM

thanks for the fast reply. i already contacted microsoft about it and they said it could be a few bugs on the msn add-on i recently installed.

so i end up uninstalling msn messenger and removing the registry keys manually.

installed it again with msg plus and it works fine.

dont know why it didnt work in the first place.

anyway.. thanks :D

edit:

uninstalled everything again.. installed msn messenger 7, msn discovery, info pen and last messenger plus.

got the same problem...

after several mocking around with the computer

i found the problem. i think messenger plus have a weird compatibility issue with the info pen add on i installed on msn messenger. it worked fine when i installed messenger plus without info pen

RE: II got this after installing messenger plus! Cant chat anymore =/ by RaceProUK on 05-15-2005 at 04:59 PM

Using InfoPen for the handwriting? It's not strictly necessary with MSNM7. Just use Windows Update to get WIndows Journal Viewer, and it installs the necessary stuff for you to use handwriting.