Shoutbox

XBOX 360 and PS3 are no longer alone.. - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: XBOX 360 and PS3 are no longer alone.. (/showthread.php?tid=44766)

XBOX 360 and PS3 are no longer alone.. by Abz2k4 on 05-15-2005 at 06:41 PM

quote:
Official Video? I think it looks real to me, cool music as well. Make sure to check it out. NintendoON

Nintendo, the world leader in video game innovation, has stated loud and clear that they are not to be overlooked in the next generation home console race with the revelation of several unique features of the company's next console system, code name Revolution, to key media outlets.

According to the early information, Revolution will combine powerful technology and gaming-focused features in Nintendo's smallest home game console yet.

In its final form, Revolution will be about the thickness of three standard DVD cases and only slightly longer. The versatile Revolution will play either horizontally or vertically, allowing the user total flexibility in setting up a gaming session wherever they have a television.

Thanks to Nintendo's hardware development partners IBM and ATI, the small system will be packed with power that will enable it to wow players with its graphics. Nintendo's legions of loyal fans will be happy to learn that Revolution will be backward compatible, playing both Nintendo GameCube 3-inch disks along with its own standard, double-layered DVD disks in the same self-loading media drive.

In the next generation, the addition of the Internet will be important to all consoles and particularly important to Nintendo. Revolution will be wireless Internet ready out of the box.

There's much more to Revolution that will be revealed over the coming months, but the combination of its compact size, wireless Internet, backward compatibility, quick start-up time and quiet, low-power operation add up to the start of a great game system. Get ready for the Nintendo Revolution in 2006!
More at Source

[Image: nintendo-revolution.jpg]

It seems like Nintendo are trying to get back into the Console Wars. Before it seemed like it would just be the XBOX 360 and the PS3 competing but now who knows what'll happen. I was wondering which console you guys all preferred, which is why i have included a Poll :D

RE: XBOX 360 and PS3 are no longer alone.. by saralk on 05-15-2005 at 06:57 PM

if the video is real, and the virutal enviroment thing happens, that would be the biggest thing ever.

RE: XBOX 360 and PS3 are no longer alone.. by user27089 on 05-15-2005 at 07:02 PM

tbfh, I don't like it at all, it's horrible, and the controller is disgusting... I doubt it will be the leader, Nintendo have never came out with something superior, they're always several steps behind other consoles...

RE: XBOX 360 and PS3 are no longer alone.. by Caboose on 05-15-2005 at 07:04 PM

That video is fake... look around on Neowin for proof >_>

I saw it the first time and was blown away by it. If it was real, it would have kicked the Xbox 360's ass...

RE: XBOX 360 and PS3 are no longer alone.. by saralk on 05-15-2005 at 07:26 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Abz2k4
The versatile Revolution will play either horizontally or vertically, allowing the user total flexibility in setting up a gaming session wherever they have a television.

wow, thats original 8-)
RE: XBOX 360 and PS3 are no longer alone.. by Concord Dawn on 05-15-2005 at 07:39 PM

quote:
Originally posted by saralk
quote:
Originally posted by Abz2k4
The versatile Revolution will play either horizontally or vertically, allowing the user total flexibility in setting up a gaming session wherever they have a television.

wow, thats original 8-)

Kirby Tilt and Tumble > * kthx.
RE: XBOX 360 and PS3 are no longer alone.. by albert on 05-15-2005 at 07:42 PM

what took off the "real" away from me was the "player" walking in the room action.. I dont think there's any way of adapting maps to ur house.. that becomes well too crazy..

RE: XBOX 360 and PS3 are no longer alone.. by paperless on 05-15-2005 at 09:10 PM

Oh my God that looks very cool if it is real :O

I was imagining some game machine like that some days ago, how would it be and something like this apears.

If it is the real nintendo the onyl bac thing is that it looks like a ball instaed of a console.

EDIT: Its fake :(

http://cube.ign.com/articles/613/613578p1.html?fromint=1

RE: XBOX 360 and PS3 are no longer alone.. by Maniac on 05-16-2005 at 12:09 AM

Where is the old news pic?

That's very very very very old :p

There is ZERO information on the Nintendo Revolution....

And i'm sorry but the thread name is stupid, the XBox 360 and PS3 have never been alone... wtf you talking about? :s

RE: XBOX 360 and PS3 are no longer alone.. by .blade// on 05-16-2005 at 01:17 AM

1) The "Nintendo ON" video is fake
2) The "Nintnedo Revolution" console and controller pics are fake
3) I'm buying the PS3 and the Xbox 360 - why didn't you allow us to choose multiples?

RE: XBOX 360 and PS3 are no longer alone.. by Maniac on 05-16-2005 at 01:32 AM

quote:
Originally posted by .blade//

3) I'm buying the PS3 and the Nintendo Revolution - why didn't you allow us to choose multiples?

Exactly what i was supposed to say... what if we want more then one? Or cant decide yet cause we dont know **** about them? :p

And Blade, there IS an official pic of the revolution that was released today, here: http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=44789
RE: XBOX 360 and PS3 are no longer alone.. by Pyroteq on 05-16-2005 at 06:38 AM

Ill be buying the Xbox 360, i brought the Xbox and the PS2 but i liked my xbox alot better, the only thing was that the PS2 had Gran Turismo, GTA (before xbox n pc) and a few other standout games

RE: XBOX 360 and PS3 are no longer alone.. by user27089 on 05-16-2005 at 06:42 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Scone
Ill be buying the Xbox 360, i brought the Xbox and the PS2 but i liked my xbox alot better, the only thing was that the PS2 had Gran Turismo, GTA (before xbox n pc) and a few other standout games

I have to agree with you there, those people who are like "but, the Playstation 2 has more games." My answer to that is, "but the majority of those games are outdated and old, and most of the games that are out on the PS2 are now out on the XBOX, but better, graphics wise etc. and to be honest, the XBOX has a lot of amazing games that you can't buy on the PS2... Halo, Fable & other great titles...
RE: XBOX 360 and PS3 are no longer alone.. by The Napster on 05-16-2005 at 07:08 AM

I sure hope those controllers are not real, they're uglier than ever. Well gues Nintendo is good at that :p

Well i'm gonna buy an xbox 360 anyways...

damn, the movie is buffering... slowly... Loaded. O yeah whatever.

RE: XBOX 360 and PS3 are no longer alone.. by Pr0xY on 05-16-2005 at 03:12 PM

quote:
1) The "Nintendo ON" video is fake
2) The "Nintnedo Revolution" console and controller pics are fake
3) I'm buying the PS3 and the Nintendo Revolution - why didn't you allow us to choose multiples?
How do you know its fake?  I'm not sayig it is or isn't, but I'm just wondering. 

RE: XBOX 360 and PS3 are no longer alone.. by .blade// on 05-16-2005 at 03:18 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Pr0xY

How do you know its fake?  I'm not sayig it is or isn't, but I'm just wondering.

The picture was released by an artist and the video is fake for several reasons, 1 being the fact it allows you to copy DVDs (They would not let you do so bcz of the DVD copy protection issue), 2 being the fact that the console in the video does not match the size specifications given by nintendo and 3 being the fact it has no REAL pics, just 3D renders.
RE: XBOX 360 and PS3 are no longer alone.. by user27089 on 05-16-2005 at 03:19 PM

And then there is the fact that making something like that is not technically possible, well it is, but it will cost a hell of a lot of cash.

RE: XBOX 360 and PS3 are no longer alone.. by Abz2k4 on 05-16-2005 at 03:30 PM

Lol, sorry guys.. i didn't really read into it much, i just saw it and assumed it was real. :(

RE: XBOX 360 and PS3 are no longer alone.. by M73A on 05-16-2005 at 03:35 PM

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Pr0xY

The picture was released by an artist and the video is fake for several reasons, 1 being the fact it allows you to copy DVDs (They would not let you do so bcz of the DVD copy protection issue), 2 being the fact that the console in the video does not match the size specifications given by nintendo and 3 being the fact it has no REAL pics, just 3D renders.

ahh so what if its fake its still a reli cool video and idea...

v well done *-)

RE: XBOX 360 and PS3 are no longer alone.. by saralk on 05-16-2005 at 05:28 PM

imagine if you were playing the virtual world thing, and you fell down the stairs.

RE: XBOX 360 and PS3 are no longer alone.. by user27089 on 05-16-2005 at 05:40 PM

quote:
Originally posted by saralk
imagine if you were playing the virtual world thing, and you fell down the stairs.

That would definitely be a "bug" in the console :lol:
RE: XBOX 360 and PS3 are no longer alone.. by Veggie on 05-16-2005 at 05:41 PM

would also be anoying if you have a really small house, be very easy to complete the games hehe

RE: XBOX 360 and PS3 are no longer alone.. by mwe99 on 05-16-2005 at 06:58 PM

Maybe you should play outside then :P or in a virtual hall

RE: XBOX 360 and PS3 are no longer alone.. by Concord Dawn on 05-17-2005 at 01:32 AM

quote:
Originally posted by mwe99
Maybe you should play outside then :P or in a virtual hall

Or even better, stick with your NES. :refuck:
RE: XBOX 360 and PS3 are no longer alone.. by um............... on 05-17-2005 at 09:02 AM

nar if it stuffed up mapping your house and you couldn't beat the game beacuse the end of the game was though a solid dry wall hahahahahaha

RE: RE: XBOX 360 and PS3 are no longer alone.. by Veggie on 05-17-2005 at 10:11 AM

quote:
Originally posted by traxor
Nintendo have never came out with something superior, they're always several steps behind other consoles...

What do you mean by superior each console have there own good points and bad points. The xbox well that was the most powerful, but was huge. PS2 that has alot of games but the loading times,  The gamecube its small, its surprisingly powerful loadsa quickly and great for partys, noone wants to sit around a tv watching boring realistic driving games, they was to sit around a tv with loadsa people playing mariokart blowing the s**t out of each other...

RE: XBOX 360 and PS3 are no longer alone.. by saralk on 05-17-2005 at 10:19 AM

Ive never really thaught of the GC as a contender to the xbox and ps2, they are aimed at completely different markets.

Nintendo tend to bring out consoles that are designed for parties, and nights where you invite some friends over and order some pizzas and bring a crate of beer, to have some fun. Thats why the n64 had 4 controller ports (which, at the time was revolutionary), thats why they make sure the console has quick loading times, and if you take a look at the games, most of them are designed for fun over deep storylines.

The xbox and ps2 are great consoles, but there aren't really any immature games that are majorly pick-up-and-play like there are on the GC, and if there were the loading times are really long, so it kinda takes away the fun from it

Saying that, however, the xbox and ps2 seem to be better at providing the game developers with a platform to create long, more mature games with a deep storyline. The graphics on the GC seem to me more kiddy to me.

RE: XBOX 360 and PS3 are no longer alone.. by user2319 on 05-17-2005 at 01:03 PM

Yeah... I totally agree, there's no singeplayer games with long storylines on Nintendo consoles....

NOT!

Ever played The legend of Zelda? :)

RE: XBOX 360 and PS3 are no longer alone.. by Maniac on 05-17-2005 at 01:34 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Scone

So you're buying the Xbox 360 simply because u liked the Xbox? How do you know it will be the same? How do you know it will have the same amounts of games? The same types of games? This is exactly what i mean by people will buy the Xbox 360 and Ps3 simply because they are called Xbox and PS

quote:
Originally posted by Traxor
Nintendo have never came out with something superior, they're always several steps behind other consoles...

Uhhh please never... ever say that again. Kthnx. Half of the things that are now "commonly used" in video games where created way back before the Playstation1 ever existed... Nintendo invented most of the stuff that exists in terms of video games... the only thing i can come up with that sony made was the EyeToy... So please... don't say that again... and if u do make it more specific... say the Xbox has better power then the GC... just ever say nintendo is  several steps behind.... "nintendo have never came out with something superior" SERIOUSLY u use the word "never" as if it happened many times.... i'd like to remind you that there are only TWO playstations out there and only ONE xbox... nintendo has been making video games since before you were born.... so please, before you speak, stfu for a second, think, then say something constructive.