Shoutbox

C++, How...? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: C++, How...? (/showthread.php?tid=44771)

C++, How...? by Cinder on 05-15-2005 at 08:07 PM

Messanger Plus is made in C++, right? But do they do it. Which include/header-file do they use..?

I'm developing C++ to, and I'm looking for some header-files for doing this. Where can I get a such file?

RE: C++, How...? by RaceProUK on 05-15-2005 at 09:09 PM

It's a little more complex than just having a few header files laying around.

I recommend you start from the ground up. Start with a few simple programs, say an ASCII to Character converter, to get used to C++ and Windows, then move onto bigger things.
You will also want the latest version of the Microsoft SDK ;)

RE: C++, How...? by matty on 05-15-2005 at 09:50 PM

Plus! actually injects a dll into the Process of MSN Messenger to call internal commands since it is very hard to code on the Messenger API in Windows XP since most of the API is referenced to Windows Messenger.

RE: C++, How...? by Cinder on 05-16-2005 at 07:11 AM

Ok.. I know it's somthing like windowMessage(WM_WRITE,"richTextEdit","Hello!") or somthing...
Also, I don't want to create a new messanger-plus or somthing. I just want to know how to put some text into a window like the person you are chatting with...
That's a small code, isn't it?

RE: C++, How...? by Dempsey on 05-16-2005 at 08:28 AM

you can find the hwnd of the DIRECTUIHWND and then sendkeys the cahracters you want to send and then send enter, but thats not a very good way to do it

RE: C++, How...? by RaceProUK on 05-16-2005 at 11:10 AM

Much better to find the hwnd of the convo window, then use Active Accessibility to get to the text input area, and set its value property.

And it's not as easy as it sounds.