Shoutbox

BetterMSN 0.B.0 - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: BetterMSN 0.B.0 (/showthread.php?tid=4482)

BetterMSN 0.B.0 by ginge on 02-13-2003 at 12:21 AM

Its out, it rocks
www.hotmailstuff.com

RE: BetterMSN 0.B.0 by Dane on 02-13-2003 at 12:59 AM

quote:
Originally posted by ginge
Its out, it rocks
www.hotmailstuff.com

I Agree
RE: BetterMSN 0.B.0 by Chrono on 02-13-2003 at 03:47 AM

Finally :grin:

RE: BetterMSN 0.B.0 by 3ni on 02-13-2003 at 06:39 AM

"Run time error '7":

"out of memory"

an no itz not mah computer, its a new computer

run time files?

RE: BetterMSN 0.B.0 by ginge on 02-13-2003 at 12:56 PM

Run time error 7, out of memory does NOT mean your computer is out of memory, that's sadly a really bad error message thats a hangover from Win 3.1 and people with 4Mb of RAM.

Please download the latest version, its still called 0.B.0, but I've actually changed it slightly, because I forgot to put one file in the installer. With any luck that's the problem, you'll install this update and become a satisfied BetterMSN user from now on. If it doesn't fix it then let me know (ideally by email neil _ _ mitchell@hotmail.com - two underscores), and I'll track down your problem.

RE: BetterMSN 0.B.0 by Fraisie on 02-13-2003 at 04:15 PM

I'll give it a try :)

RE: BetterMSN 0.B.0 by Re-Mi on 02-13-2003 at 04:42 PM

okay i might like the program but a question i've got 2 msn's is there a way i can change from one to an other when i start up better msn it support's 4.7 but i want it on 5 because that's mine most used msn the other one is for T&T addons like plus hehehe
:P so you might want to add that option (Y) if it's possible

RE: BetterMSN 0.B.0 by dom. on 02-13-2003 at 04:51 PM

Nice neil, you made teh installer :wink:

Great Job!

RE: BetterMSN 0.B.0 by Dane on 02-13-2003 at 10:09 PM

There is a bug that I discovered in it, lol, I think neil is still trying to figure it out.

RE: BetterMSN 0.B.0 by 3ni on 02-14-2003 at 12:36 AM

:( still dont work say ou tof memmory error :( im usin win xp and msn 4.7

RE: BetterMSN 0.B.0 by ginge on 02-14-2003 at 09:18 AM

Installer - completely written from scratch, I hope you like it, it took a while...

Simple me - good suggestion, unfortunately I'm not clever enough to do this, but I know someone who is, and hopefully they should have a fix for me for the next version.

Danes error - figured it out pretty much, can replicate it on my machine, but its only "medium" severity, so will be fixed in 0.B.1.

3ni's error - this is a unique report, i.e. no one else has replicated it, are you running any MSN Addons that modify the .exe (polygammy or such), do you have MSN 5 installed at all, are there any windows on screen from BetterMSN when this jumps at you? If none of this helps, I'll build a debug version for you, which guarantees to pinpoint the exact error - I just need to work on some build scripts for a while.

RE: BetterMSN 0.B.0 by [white]shark on 02-14-2003 at 09:36 AM

I don't have to tell u ur program rocks (for starters, u said it urself), and I like it alot. One question however, is the BetterName feature already available or will it be added later (I mean as a function in BetterMSN)?

Greetz

RE: BetterMSN 0.B.0 by ginge on 02-14-2003 at 09:44 AM

Not currently integrated, but it will be soonish. It was waiting for the installer, so now thats done it should be in there quite quickly.

RE: BetterMSN 0.B.0 by Muss on 02-14-2003 at 09:53 AM

Damn advertising :refuck:

* Muss starts download of betterMSN because peopel say it rocks, I am suspicious though :P

And ginge isn't clever enough to do somethign related to programming :shocked:

RE: BetterMSN 0.B.0 by Muss on 02-14-2003 at 09:56 AM

I think the link tot he download is crappy??

It started to download it, said it had finished after 11000 bytes, and nothign happens (probably corupt file, cos of the size) and says it preforms illegal operation :undecided:

* Muss will try downloading again now, and will copy out error message if I get it again

11,146 :P

Error message = d:\Better~1.EXE

The NTVDM.CPU has encountered and illegal instruction.
CS.04e8 IP:0119 OP:65 63 74 20 61

Terminate and Ignore buttons

Clicking terminate terminates it, obviously, ignoring it brings up the message again, and ignoring that oen closes the installer :undecided: :S :|

RE: BetterMSN 0.B.0 by ginge on 02-14-2003 at 10:08 AM

Are you using a download manager by any chance, or doing Save Target As?
Because of the mirror system, it isn't a link to the program, its a link to a page where you select your mirror. Just try it by using IE and not clicking Save As Target.

What happended is you downloaded the HTML as an EXE and tried running it, no wonder it didn't work.

I would like a direct link, but sadly thats not possible with the mirror system.

RE: BetterMSN 0.B.0 by [white]shark on 02-14-2003 at 10:29 AM

Problem temp. solved. Use my mirror (Muss, it is a link :refuck: ).

Greetz

RE: BetterMSN 0.B.0 by 3ni on 02-14-2003 at 08:15 PM

k i uninstalled windows messenger and installed it back, because i had the pollygram patch  on it, then i tryed to run your program again but that same thing happened, i see the main window in it but then the "out of memory" message comes up.. i doh kno what it is ..help!

RE: BetterMSN 0.B.0 by ginge on 02-14-2003 at 08:20 PM

I need really need to give you a DBG enabled version, I'll work on this tonight, and hopefully post it tomorrow or later on tonight.

No idea off hand why this isn't working, but DBG should pinpoint it exactly.

RE: BetterMSN 0.B.0 by 3ni on 02-14-2003 at 10:08 PM

k thanx ill wait for it, hopefully it should be able to help

RE: BetterMSN 0.B.0 by shivadroolz on 02-15-2003 at 02:51 PM

I got the memory error too...

RE: BetterMSN 0.B.0 by dutchy on 02-15-2003 at 03:22 PM

Ginge,

* Contact list difference, see who hates you:

It doesn't work....

RE: BetterMSN 0.B.0 by ginge on 02-15-2003 at 04:15 PM

How doesn't contact list difference work? More information please.

RE: BetterMSN 0.B.0 by dutchy on 02-16-2003 at 09:53 AM

There are no names in the list.

RE: RE: BetterMSN 0.B.0 by dom. on 02-16-2003 at 09:57 AM

quote:
Originally posted by dutchy
There are no names in the list.

:lol: That means no1 hates you :grin:
RE: BetterMSN 0.B.0 by dutchy on 02-16-2003 at 10:37 AM

oooh yeah. But when I delete somebody from my list. Than there comes nobody in that list. So IT doesn't work.

RE: BetterMSN 0.B.0 by dom. on 02-16-2003 at 10:54 AM

It should come in the other list, the people who 'hate you' are the people that do not have you as one of there contacts (they have deleted you)

RE: BetterMSN 0.B.0 by ginge on 02-16-2003 at 02:39 PM

You have to restart BetterMSN to refresh the list of who hates you, who you hate - will be fixed soon ish. Delete someone from your contact list and they will be added to the who you hate list.

RE: BetterMSN 0.B.0 by ginge on 02-17-2003 at 01:49 AM

Can everyone who is getting run time errors please download this program:
www.hotmailstuff.com/BetterMSN-debug.zip

Unzip this file, overwriting your existing copy of BetterMSN.exe, when BetterMSN crashes it will give a complete stack trace, which is incredibly helpful when trying to find the cause of errors.

RE: RE: BetterMSN 0.B.0 by Dane on 02-18-2003 at 12:10 AM

quote:
Originally posted by ginge
Can everyone who is getting run time errors please download this program:
www.hotmailstuff.com/BetterMSN-debug.zip

Unzip this file, overwriting your existing copy of BetterMSN.exe, when BetterMSN crashes it will give a complete stack trace, which is incredibly helpful when trying to find the cause of errors.

File Not Found, Try Reinstalling (File Defopts.ini)

~_~, lol, Try agian, maybe include the rest of betterMSN
RE: BetterMSN 0.B.0 by ginge on 02-18-2003 at 03:07 AM

This is a replacement of BetterMSN.exe, not the whole better MSN program, you must already hvae tath installed before you include this. This is only for people who are causing runtime crashes with BetterMSN as is.

Sorry for the typing, I', drunk....