Shoutbox

Plexiglass case - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Plexiglass case (/showthread.php?tid=44844)

Plexiglass case by philipe on 05-17-2005 at 03:04 PM

Hi everyone,

Can someone please give me a link or adress to where I can find a good plexiglass case for a Fujitsu Siemens Scaleo T computer?

Thanks for the help.

RE: Plexiglass case by lizard.boy on 05-17-2005 at 09:10 PM

you cannot get plexiglass cases for specific oem computers. the closes you will find would be a case that would simply fit all your componants.

RE: Plexiglass case by mwe99 on 05-17-2005 at 09:54 PM

If you're lucky, Fujitsu may manufacture some optional cases, as these are officail they will come at a price. Try looking in their online shop or a local dealer.

RE: Plexiglass case by philipe on 05-18-2005 at 01:38 PM

At first I wanted to use a plexiglass case that would simply fit all my components, but the dealer told me that these cases will overheat (and eventually melt) or collapse, as they are not made for the type of Fujitsu Siemens computer and components.     

RE: Plexiglass case by RaceProUK on 05-18-2005 at 02:37 PM

The dealer is talking bollocks. So long as you have sufficient airflow through the case (which shouldn't be difficult), it'll be fine. The temperature of the case shouldn't change.

RE: Plexiglass case by lizard.boy on 05-19-2005 at 01:54 AM

unless all of your componants are running at like 300C and you have no fans then you cant really melt acrylic/plexi. even if you could you would see it in time to get your componants out.

RE: Plexiglass case by philipe on 05-19-2005 at 02:34 PM

Thanks for the informaition, i'll think about it and maybe transfer my components to a new case. :)