Shoutbox

An idea, wondering is a plug-in is possible for this. - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Forum: Plug-Ins (/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+------ Thread: An idea, wondering is a plug-in is possible for this. (/showthread.php?tid=44876)

An idea, wondering is a plug-in is possible for this. by jin11 on 05-18-2005 at 12:21 AM

I am one of those people who doesn't like to close the chat convo window all the time but I also hate the fact that it's so simple to just press the "esc" key to exit the window. And I've been having a bad habit of lately of doing so, even though I like to keep all my chat windows opened.

Anyways, the idea is.. is it possible to assign a single key or perhaps the "esc" key or any other combination to minimize the window instead of closing it?

Something very simple.. I guess?

RE: An idea, wondering is a plug-in is possible for this. by Nathan on 05-18-2005 at 05:52 AM

do u mean all at once (hide them) or  close them cos theres a plugin were the box shuts after 30
seconds

RE: An idea, wondering is a plug-in is possible for this. by Stigmata on 05-18-2005 at 06:22 AM

i think this is possible :)

i'll get to work on it :)

RE: An idea, wondering is a plug-in is possible for this. by RaceProUK on 05-18-2005 at 11:08 AM

I can get this in Phoenix in, I don't know, the next 5 minutes?
(Already subclassing the convo windows: I just catch the Esc key and minimise, not letting Messenger get at the message :D).

RE: An idea, wondering is a plug-in is possible for this. by jin11 on 05-18-2005 at 02:22 PM

Yeah I press a key and the window is MINIMIZED not closed Msg_Plus_Freak.. I think I said it in my first post. :)

So how far are you guys getting through with this?

Thanks ALOT for your help guys!

RE: An idea, wondering is a plug-in is possible for this. by RaceProUK on 05-18-2005 at 02:38 PM

I tried this just now, and for some reason couldn't get it to work. I'll have another look though: probably missing something obvious.

RE: An idea, wondering is a plug-in is possible for this. by Dempsey on 05-18-2005 at 03:00 PM

yea i just had a go and it doesn't seem to send any key press events, it must send them to a child window or something

RE: An idea, wondering is a plug-in is possible for this. by jin11 on 05-18-2005 at 03:47 PM

Oh damn.. that's sad to hear.

So does this mean it's not possible? Or are you guys looking at alternative methods at getting this to be done?

RE: An idea, wondering is a plug-in is possible for this. by Dempsey on 05-18-2005 at 03:50 PM

quote:
Originally posted by jin11
Oh damn.. that's sad to hear.

So does this mean it's not possible? Or are you guys looking at alternative methods at getting this to be done?
yea I think RaceProUKs found a way to do it now and is planning on adding it to Phoenix 2
RE: An idea, wondering is a plug-in is possible for this. by RaceProUK on 05-18-2005 at 05:26 PM

I tried, but it still isn't working.

RE: An idea, wondering is a plug-in is possible for this. by jin11 on 05-18-2005 at 07:33 PM

Oh man.. that sucks. :(

So anyone else wanna give it a shot? If they don't mind.. please. :(

I'd love this alot.

RE: An idea, wondering is a plug-in is possible for this. by RaceProUK on 05-18-2005 at 10:28 PM

quote:
Originally posted by jin11
So anyone else wanna give it a shot?
Don't worry, I'll keep trying ;)
RE: An idea, wondering is a plug-in is possible for this. by Ash_ on 05-18-2005 at 10:50 PM

If your subclassing doesen't work just do it the easy way. Set akeyboard hook for Escape. when it's pressed check the top most windowhandle and compare to a list of enumed Handles of the known Conversation Windows. and minimize the window, otherwise just exit the function. Simple but hey it works :P

RE: An idea, wondering is a plug-in is possible for this. by RaceProUK on 05-19-2005 at 02:01 AM

Thing is, the subclassing should work. When I use Spy++, it catches the WM_KEYDOWN event properly. It just doesn't when I subclass.
As for a keyboard hook, last time I tried that, I couldn't get it to work at all.

RE: An idea, wondering is a plug-in is possible for this. by Stigmata on 05-19-2005 at 06:19 AM

i was unable to catch WM_KEYDOWN on the imwindow :rolleyes:

RE: An idea, wondering is a plug-in is possible for this. by RaceProUK on 05-19-2005 at 07:12 AM

It doesn't go to the IMWindow: it goes to the DirectUIHWND inside. And I still can't catch it!

RE: An idea, wondering is a plug-in is possible for this. by jin11 on 05-19-2005 at 08:22 PM

Thanks for the effort put in guys. I really appreciate it. Still hoping for the best.

RE: An idea, wondering is a plug-in is possible for this. by lopardo on 05-26-2005 at 06:21 AM

OK, here is MDE (MSN Disable ESC)* v0.9 beta :P

[Image: mde.png]

I don't care if somebody else includes this functionality in another plugin, a friend of mine wanted this too so I made it.

This is an "unofficial" release (even tough it works perfectly fine) because I'll add some more stupid stuff later (about box and crap like that), so don't freakin' post this anywhere else.

Download here. :)

*Hmmm... It should be "Messenger Disable ESC" now that I think about it, but to change it I should start Delphi again and recompile it and it's 3 a.m. and I don't feel like doing that :refuck:

EDIT: To install it, simply open the .zip file with something like WinZip or WinRAR, extract the .dll file to MsgPlus\Plugins folder and restart Messenger.

RE: An idea, wondering is a plug-in is possible for this. by multimillion2k on 05-26-2005 at 09:41 AM

you can always try Good ol' windows key + m?
Granted, it'll minimise all your windows but from what I gather they probably already will be :)

RE: An idea, wondering is a plug-in is possible for this. by Dempsey on 05-26-2005 at 10:14 AM

quote:
Originally posted by multimillion2k
you can always try Good ol' windows key + m?
Granted, it'll minimise all your windows but from what I gather they probably already will be :)
but the idea was to stop conversations from closing when escape is pressed and minimising them instead was just another option.
RE: An idea, wondering is a plug-in is possible for this. by (CyBeRDuDe) on 05-26-2005 at 03:44 PM

Nice litle plugin.. :D. Well done lopardo.. :D..

RE: An idea, wondering is a plug-in is possible for this. by jin11 on 05-26-2005 at 10:48 PM

THANKS ALOT lopardo!! great great job

=)

RE: An idea, wondering is a plug-in is possible for this. by SikStyles on 05-26-2005 at 11:24 PM

thats a nice plugin altho i wudnt use it cuz i dont have a prob pressin esc buttons lol:P

RE: An idea, wondering is a plug-in is possible for this. by jin11 on 05-27-2005 at 01:35 AM

The problem isn't pressing the esc button.

The problem is that it's convienient to press the esc button but at the price of you losing your conversation window, some people like to read up their messages. So they prefer minimizing it. And pressing Esc to minimize is good. :)