Shoutbox

How to make bigger emoticons? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: How to make bigger emoticons? (/showthread.php?tid=44908)

How to make bigger emoticons? by Jake999 on 05-18-2005 at 02:01 PM

I have see'd bigger emoticons in other site and add I, to MSN emoticons.
How to I make bigger emticons.
Sorry about my Englis.
Jake

RE: How to make bigger emoticons? by RaceProUK on 05-18-2005 at 02:42 PM

Could you try searching the forums? You'd find StuffPlug-NG then.

RE: How to make bigger emoticons? by mwe99 on 05-18-2005 at 03:04 PM

If you download htt://www.stuffplug.com and get a validation key from the installer using http://www.stuffplug.com/?act=generate you can then make bigger emoticons :)

RE: How to make bigger emoticons? by Chris4 on 05-18-2005 at 08:54 PM

StuffPlug just lets you see big emoticons, not the person your sending them too. I think he means how do you make big emoticons work in MSN Messenger.

Like when you make big emoticons on paint (or other program) and them upload them onto MSN Messenger, it resizes them.

RE: How to make bigger emoticons? by Sunshine on 05-18-2005 at 08:57 PM

quote:
Originally posted by chris4
StuffPlug just lets you see big emoticons, not the person your sending them too. I think he means how do you make big emoticons work in MSN Messenger.

Like when you make big emoticons on paint (or other program) and them upload them onto MSN Messenger, it resizes them.
If you have made bigger emoticons you will need Stuffplug to add them to MSNM in it's original size.

RE: How to make bigger emoticons? by RaceProUK on 05-18-2005 at 10:30 PM

Hence why we suggested it chris4 :P

RE: How to make bigger emoticons? by Chris4 on 05-19-2005 at 04:14 PM

quote:
Originally posted by raceprouk
Hence why we suggested it chris4 :P
What???
RE: How to make bigger emoticons? by RaceProUK on 05-19-2005 at 07:30 PM

Sunshine's post ;)

RE: How to make bigger emoticons? by Jake999 on 05-19-2005 at 07:34 PM

will this help me ?
i have a massive smiley face and it big but i dno how to make.

RE: How to make bigger emoticons? by RaceProUK on 05-19-2005 at 07:37 PM

SPNG will help you yes.

RE: How to make bigger emoticons? by Jake999 on 05-19-2005 at 10:26 PM

how use it to do this ?

RE: How to make bigger emoticons? by Sunshine on 05-20-2005 at 04:55 PM

If you have Spng installed and configured (splash screen after installing or from conversationwindow: plus > plugins > stuffplug-NG > options/configuration) to allow bigger emotes it will ask you if you wanna keep the original size ;)

RE: How to make bigger emoticons? by reviisori on 01-17-2009 at 10:49 AM

I'm sorry to post to such an old topic. This thread is one of the top hits on google for the topic, and I think it deserves a good answer.

The maximum size of normal MSN emoticons (without plugins or addons) is 50x50 pixels. To get the maximum size, your emoticon has to be an animated gif file. This means that even emoticons that don't look like animations have to have at least two frames, even if the frames are identical.

If the emoticons is not in the correct format, MSN will shrink it to a measly 19x19 pixels.

Luckily, there are tools that do the work for you, and they are a lot quicker than going through the motions in Photoshop.

I recommend http://www.emoticonize.com.

If you want to do it by hand in a paint program and you have a picture that is not animated, you might end up in trouble. Many animation tools "optimize" the identical frames away, leaving only one frame. MSN doesn't like that. You could try changing one pixel to a slightly different color, if you can't turn the optimization feature off.

RE: How to make bigger emoticons? by Link_of_Hyrule on 01-17-2009 at 07:26 PM

You may also try the "3D Emoticons" that the Microsoft Devs in france made I posted about it on my blog HERE.