Shoutbox

Printer Problem - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Printer Problem (/showthread.php?tid=44939)

Printer Problem by Chris4 on 05-18-2005 at 08:33 PM

Lexmark X1180 all-in-one (printer, copier, scanner)

When I try to print anything.. no colour comes out.
I've printed lodes of test pages and stuff, but still no use.

No, it's not set to "black and white." There is some colour on the page but not much at all (like a line of red)

I think the ink might have dried or something because I don't use it that much.

It also says the colour ink has gone down. But how can it of done if no colour is coming out?

Please help :D
Thanks.

RE: Printer Problem by Shezi on 05-18-2005 at 08:35 PM

take out the colour cartridge then put it bak and see the result does this solved. ?
once i had also this problen and i had done this trickk.. ;)

RE: Printer Problem by mwe99 on 05-18-2005 at 08:36 PM

How long ago did you last use your printer? it is probably the fact that they have dried up.

RE: Printer Problem by Chris4 on 05-18-2005 at 08:42 PM

quote:
Originally posted by mwe99
How long ago did you last use your printer? it is probably the fact that they have dried up.

I used it about a month ago, lol and it was bad then. But now it's really bad =\

quote:
Originally posted by Shezi
take out the colour cartridge then put it bak and see the result does this solved. ?
once i had also this problen and i had done this trickk.. ;)
I tried that, still the same. :(
RE: Printer Problem by mwe99 on 05-18-2005 at 08:44 PM

Is it an official cartridge? or a refill thingie?

RE: Printer Problem by Chris4 on 05-18-2005 at 08:47 PM

quote:
Originally posted by mwe99
Is it an official cartridge? or a refill thingie?

It's official
RE: Printer Problem by buzz on 05-18-2005 at 10:41 PM

when u print a page with text is there a white line through the text?

RE: Printer Problem by lizard.boy on 05-19-2005 at 01:06 AM

quote:
Originally posted by chris4
I used it about a month ago, lol and it was bad then. But now it's really bad =\

i'm 99% sure its dried up. holdng the bottom of the cartride in warm water or alcohol can clean it out.

my experence with lexmark printers are that they blow chunks. i hate our with a passion. imo canon is the best printer around.
RE: Printer Problem by WDZ on 05-19-2005 at 05:15 AM

Have you tried the cleaning feature? Go into the maintenance window and click the "clean" button. It will print a test page that supposedly helps clean the ink jets. :p

RE: Printer Problem by Chris4 on 05-19-2005 at 03:06 PM

quote:
Originally posted by WDZ
Have you tried the cleaning feature? Go into the maintenance window and click the "clean" button. It will print a test page that supposedly helps clean the ink jets. :p
Thanks, but I already said..
quote:

RE: Printer Problem by gif83 on 05-19-2005 at 03:20 PM

your print head is almost definitely completely clogged with dried up ink... you should always keep using your printer... never leave it for long periods unused if you don't want these troubles all the time....

Not familiar with lexmark printers though...

that sort of thing happens to epson printers really often.
Epson i would recommend for super high quality prints, but i reckon something like a canon is more reliable in the long run.

If you are lucky you can fix it by cleaning the print head... (there is normally a "clean print head option in the printer properties")
you probably need to do this at least 50 times before you notice any change... i had to do that on my last epsom printer. in the end i just gave up and got myself a new canon.

RE: RE: Printer Problem by Chris4 on 05-19-2005 at 03:39 PM

quote:
Originally posted by gif83
If you are lucky you can fix it by cleaning the print head... (there is normally a "clean print head option in the printer properties")
you probably need to do this at least 50 times before you notice any change.

50 :shocked: That will take ages! But i'll see what happens i guess..
RE: Printer Problem by gif83 on 05-19-2005 at 03:44 PM

quote:
50 :shocked: That will take ages! But i'll see what happens i guess..

that's why i gave up
RE: Printer Problem by SikStyles on 05-19-2005 at 07:47 PM

quote:
.. holdng the bottom of the cartride in warm water or alcohol can clean it out...

does this really works cuz my color cartridge isnt workin..it gives me an error that says its not workin and tells me to take it out and put it back in but the same prob occurs

RE: Printer Problem by lizard.boy on 05-19-2005 at 07:53 PM

i duno. it does help for most cardriges that are dry. but if your printer is reporting an error it might be something else wrong.

RE: Printer Problem by Chris4 on 05-19-2005 at 09:23 PM

Hmm, I might try that. Thanks

RE: RE: Printer Problem by buzz on 05-20-2005 at 01:43 AM

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by WDZ
Thanks, but I already said..
quote:

the cleaning feature is diffrent that test pages...it does do alot. i had 3 or 4 white lines through my printed text and the cleaning feature fixed it...but ur promblem is starting to sound more like ink than printer
RE: Printer Problem by Chris4 on 05-20-2005 at 05:16 PM

Well yeah.. it is to do with the ink cartridges. As said above, they have most proberly dried out.

RE: Printer Problem by gif83 on 05-20-2005 at 06:16 PM

actually... no... not related to the print cartridges... the print head is a separate thing... even if you use new cartridges it will not work... sorry for all the dots.......

RE: Printer Problem by Chris4 on 05-20-2005 at 06:50 PM

Erm, ok.. so what do you reccomend I do?

RE: Printer Problem by saralk on 05-21-2005 at 09:12 AM

try fitting in a new cartidge and if that doesnt work, take your printer to a shop to get it fixed.

RE: RE: Printer Problem by Chris4 on 05-21-2005 at 12:29 PM

quote:
Originally posted by saralk
try fitting in a new cartidge and if that doesnt work, take your printer to a shop to get it fixed.

But my cartridge is fine. I'm not throwing it away to get another one. It's about 80% full 8-)