Shoutbox

Star Wars III - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: Star Wars III (/showthread.php?tid=44955)

Star Wars III by Pr0xY on 05-19-2005 at 08:47 AM

Oh My God... Oh My God... Oh My Yoda...

I just got back from the midnight show of Star Wars 3.  I was among MANY fans that saw the final epic movie right when it could "legally" be shown (Key word there being Legal).

Some buddies and myself stood in line for alittle over 3 hours to wait for the movie.  We had GREAT seats.  We got to wait inside the movie theatre for the last 2 hours before it could be shown (10 pm-12 am).  Then it was show time.  It was so cool, the before hand stuff.  There were people having "Light saber" battles, even one kid with an unbrella to defend himself with.  We had Star Wars Rappers, look alikes, (one chick that looked like a wookie, but I dont think she ment to do that :P ), and other great stuff. 

I rocked so much.  I almost cried at the beginning when I saw "Star Wars III". 

I wanna write more but I cant, I'm so wired/tired, and I have school in 4 hours, good night. 

-Pr0xY

I'll leave you with this one thought, Go see The damn movie, Yoda gave me erections, and he'll give you them too.

RE: Star Wars III by -rafy- on 05-19-2005 at 08:51 AM

Yeah i saw it, i loved it!

haha what was with vaders scream though :P

Opening text

STARWARS

EPISODE III : REVENGE OF THE SITH

War! The Republic is crumbling
              under attacks by the ruthless
              Sith Lord, Count Dooku.
              There are heroes on both sides.
              Evil is everywhere.

In a stunning move, the
              fiendish droid leader, General
              Grievous, has swept into the
              Republic capital and kidnapped
              Chancellor Palpatine, leader of
              the Galactic Senate.

As the Separatist Droid Army
              attempts to flee the besieged
              capital with their valuable
              hostage, two Jedi Knights lead a
              desperate mission to rescue the
              captive Chancellor....

RE: Star Wars III by Pyroteq on 05-19-2005 at 09:13 AM

i saw this today.. it was good, i got dizzy in the opening minutes when it was all going round and round..that was annoying, but overall a good movie and everyone should see it.

RE: Star Wars III by J.J on 05-19-2005 at 09:28 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Pr0xY
Yoda gave me erections

rofl :lol:

Yeh, i'm planning to see it next week, i can't wait :grin:

Apparently theres alot of action :o
RE: Star Wars III by Maniac on 05-19-2005 at 09:59 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Third Dimension
Yoda gave me erections

that IS scary :p

I'm gonna probably see it tomorrow as it's out here tomorrow :banana:

I know everything that happens though... still very excited :p
RE: Star Wars III by -dt- on 05-19-2005 at 10:11 AM

* -dt- is seeing it tomorrow night

RE: Star Wars III by -rafy- on 05-19-2005 at 10:13 AM

omg dress up as darth vader, and dont forget your light saber :P

RE: Star Wars III by ~INVASION~ on 05-19-2005 at 10:33 AM

quote:
Oh My God... Oh My God... Oh My Yoda...

I just got back from the midnight show of Star Wars 3.  I was among MANY fans that saw the final epic movie right when it could "legally" be shown (Key word there being Legal).

Some buddies and myself stood in line for alittle over 3 hours to wait for the movie.  We had GREAT seats.  We got to wait inside the movie theatre for the last 2 hours before it could be shown (10 pm-12 am).  Then it was show time.  It was so cool, the before hand stuff.  There were people having "Light saber" battles, even one kid with an unbrella to defend himself with.  We had Star Wars Rappers, look alikes, (one chick that looked like a wookie, but I dont think she ment to do that :P ), and other great stuff. 

I rocked so much.  I almost cried at the beginning when I saw "Star Wars III". 

I wanna write more but I cant, I'm so wired/tired, and I have school in 4 hours, good night. 

-Pr0xY

I'll leave you with this one thought, Go see The damn movie, Yoda gave me erections, and he'll give you them too.

o man i know eh waited in line for tickets and sat in the theater for 2 hours, light saber battles yes there were some.

movie great, it truly was.

quote:
Yoda gave me erections, and he'll give you them too.
agree with that, I must.

talk for next week straight like yoda, for surely I will!

:banana:
RE: Star Wars III by sparks on 05-19-2005 at 11:05 AM

heh seeing it in 6 hours!! managed to fluke it and buy tickets for it last week, so happy!

But unreserved seats so i'll prob end up with somewhere crap :\

RE: Star Wars III by Vilkku on 05-19-2005 at 12:48 PM

* Vilkku saw it on Tuesday, VIP show

Better than Episode I and II (how could it be worse?), not as good as the original ones but it comes close. I think Hayden played better as dark. Good movie, go see it.

RE: Star Wars III by Savior on 05-19-2005 at 01:58 PM

I'm going tomorrow or Sunday to see it.  I read some review where they say it's mediocor but I don't care I'm going to see darth vader.

RE: Star Wars III by Pr0xY on 05-19-2005 at 03:13 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Vilkku

Lucky Basterd... how'd you pull that one off?

quote:
Better than Episode I and II (how could it be worse?), not as good as the original ones but it comes close. I think Hayden played better as dark. Good movie, go see it.
It was better the I and II, but there were some things about it that weren't as good as the others.  Some parts of the acting were.... not as good as it could be. 

Aniken is indeed a better actor once he turned to the dark side.  He owned.... LITTLE CHILDREN.... =O

I cheered when the "un-named"  bitch finally died...

It rocked, I cant wait untill you all see it so then I can talk about it without ruining anything...
RE: Star Wars III by sparks on 05-19-2005 at 10:01 PM

wow i just got back...that was some sweet film

dragged on a bit though :\

lightsaber battles were cool (Y) shame its all finished with now :(

RE: Star Wars III by mwe99 on 05-19-2005 at 10:10 PM

It's already avaliable on the internet, the movie people are NOT happy :dodgy:

RE: Star Wars III by brian on 05-20-2005 at 01:54 AM

So, great. I arrive to go get my tickets, they are out. And the next showtime was about 12 AM (Yet, 10 PM here!). So, yeah. =[

RE: Star Wars III by Lt.Col.DraGon on 05-20-2005 at 02:46 AM

I'm gonna see the movie tomorrow evening on an IMAX screen ^_^

RE: RE: Star Wars III by Vilkku on 05-20-2005 at 04:25 AM

quote:
quote:

Lucky Basterd... how'd you pull that one off?

Dad owns a movie theare, thus knowing the boss of the company that arranged the VIP show (Finnkino) so he asked and he gave him two tickets. I saw Episode II on a VIP show too :P
RE: Star Wars III by Joa on 05-20-2005 at 04:31 AM

i was gonna see it tonite... we got to the theater 1h early, stood in a line up of like 300 people and all the tickets were sold out within 30 minutes.

those bastards who got there first :dodgy:

but anyway i got tickets for tomorrow nite :cheesy:

RE: Star Wars III by Maniac on 05-20-2005 at 09:12 PM

Everything i excpected... but in french :(

Gonna see it again in english though! :D

RE: Star Wars III by ~INVASION~ on 05-20-2005 at 11:53 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Maniac
Everything i excpected... but in french

:lol: whyd u go to the french one :P :p
RE: Star Wars III by Chestah on 05-21-2005 at 12:04 AM

It was awesome :D, saw it yesterday :P!

I won't ruin what happens for anyone but DARTH VADER is ANIKAN :O

RE: Star Wars III by Darkphyre on 05-21-2005 at 01:30 AM

Oh God. It was awful. I can't decide if it was better or worse than Episode I. I'm leaning towards worse.

Anakin: You're so beautiful.
Padme: It's because I'm in love with you.
Anakin: No, it's because I'm in love with you.
Padme: Ok. Well, I've got to go to the Senate now. We're going to make Palpatine the Emperor.
Anakin: Cool. See you later.
Padme: Ok. You hang up.
Anakin: No you.
Padme: No, you.
Anakin: No, you do it.
Padme: No, you hang up.
Anakin: No, you hang up, *****!
*force chokes Padme until she dies*
Anakin: Now I'm gonna go get me some of that fine Twi'lek ass.
Palpatine: Join me, and I will teach you how to use the power of the Dark Side to accomplish this goal.
Anakin: Ok.
Palpatine: Good. Now bend over.

^ I think this scene would have significantly improved the quality of the movie. Especially if it occured 30 seconds after the opening text finished.

RE: Star Wars III by -rafy- on 05-21-2005 at 01:38 AM

uh huh.

I found it the best of all the starwars movies....

The story line is definately the most compelling as it shows the transition of governments. How a democracy falls to a dictatorship....

The symbolism was woah! Yoda's fight with Palpatine in the senate chamber, good vs evil, and the fight in the chamber a metaphor for the battle between good ANn evil, and the destruction of democracy!

brilliant stuff.....

I liked the scenes where palpatine exectuted his plan and the clone army turned on the jedis and begun to kill them...that was very well done.

RE: Star Wars III by Lt.Col.DraGon on 05-21-2005 at 03:32 AM

Hehe, well i just came back from seeing the movie...

I want to say that it is a great movie, really good stuff there. But the bad thing is that you already know what is going to happen at the end of episode III because many of you have already seen episode IV - VI .

Recommendations: GO AND SEE THE FREAKIN MOVIE, IT IS GREAT!

RE: Star Wars III by Joa on 05-21-2005 at 05:33 AM

yes! i finally got to see it :cheesy:

quote:
Originally posted by -rafy-
I found it the best of all the starwars movies....
i don't agree, they are all awesome. i loved and will always love all of them equally. even though this one was the coolest thing i ever saw in my life!!. .. fine maybe your right.

omg. yoda :bow:
i loved that movie, it was brilliant. everything was perfect. i wanna go see it again :cheesy:
RE: RE: Star Wars III by linx05 on 05-21-2005 at 09:40 AM

quote:
Originally posted by mwe99
It's already avaliable on the internet, the movie people are NOT happy :dodgy:

I was wondering when that would happen. Haven't seen any news articles on it though. I'm not a huge Star Wars freak (don't take it the wrong way guys) but I do like the movies. Lucas has done a great job (although the first one I didn't like). I might be seeing it tomorrow. That is, depending on whether or not I want to wake up at 8:30am (it's my first day off from work!).
RE: Star Wars III by emit on 05-22-2005 at 03:23 AM

I think the majority of you are crazy/blind. The acting, the dialogue, the directing was totally disjointed. George Lucas can't direct for shit. He turns what could've been an amazing film into something disjointed and stilted and just... urgh, infuriatingly disappointing. Don't get me the wrong... the CGI kicks arse, the fight scenes rock as ever, but the thread of the film doesn't flow. I will forever love Star Wars, but I feel let down by all the prequels and how disjointed they were.  You know, perhaps the CGI was too much... they don't even use REAL SAND ANYMORE. And Yoda should've been a puppet when he was sitting down/walking. I was just terribly let down - the films linked nicely, the action was cool enough, but the substance in the acting and dialogue lacked terribly and they will just be mediocre films.

M.

RE: Star Wars III by linx05 on 05-22-2005 at 04:51 AM

I just saw the movie this morning. I thought it was pretty good. Although the acting and the lines were pretty awful. I liked the ending and how it all tied into the other movies.

Although I think Lucas used too much cg. I'm a huge fan of minitures and animatronics and puppets (e.g Tremors, Jaws, Aliens to name a few). It got on my nerves a bit.

RE: RE: Star Wars III by Darkphyre on 05-22-2005 at 11:23 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Time
I think the majority of you are crazy/blind. The acting, the dialogue, the directing was totally disjointed. George Lucas can't direct for shit. He turns what could've been an amazing film into something disjointed and stilted and just... urgh, infuriatingly disappointing. Don't get me the wrong... the CGI kicks arse, the fight scenes rock as ever, but the thread of the film doesn't flow. I will forever love Star Wars, but I feel let down by all the prequels and how disjointed they were.  You know, perhaps the CGI was too much... they don't even use REAL SAND ANYMORE. And Yoda should've been a puppet when he was sitting down/walking. I was just terribly let down - the films linked nicely, the action was cool enough, but the substance in the acting and dialogue lacked terribly and they will just be mediocre films.

M.

Amen.

However, I found the action scenes quite boring compared to those in Episodes 1 & 2. And since the acting didn't improve, this film had absolutely no redeeming qualities.

Worst of the prequels, none of which come even close to the originals.
RE: Star Wars III by Maniac on 05-23-2005 at 11:02 AM

I completly disagree with the acting being bad, Hayden sure sucks I agree with that, he can't act and sounds like an ass being romantic. At the end of the movie when he's evil he rocks though... and Palpatine probably had the best voice... EVER.... he rocks!