Shoutbox

Sound problems in msn 7 - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Sound problems in msn 7 (/showthread.php?tid=44958)

Sound problems in msn 7 by Vixx on 05-19-2005 at 10:39 AM

Hi
I recently installed msn messenger 7.0 at my computer but Im not able to hear any sounds (exept when I send a wink) Everything else seems to be working, I can play music in the mediaplayer etc. What could be the problem?

RE: Sound problems in msn 7 by Zephyr on 05-19-2005 at 10:46 AM

What sounds are you talking about exactly?

If you mean the sounds when contacts send a message or come online:

In the main MSN window, tools, options, alerts and sounds, and check play sounds when contacts signs in or sends a message.

RE: Sound problems in msn 7 by J.J on 05-19-2005 at 10:46 AM

Go to -

Personal Settings >> Alerts and Sounds

And see if the options are cheecked...

RE: Sound problems in msn 7 by Vixx on 05-19-2005 at 10:53 AM

Yes, that are the sounds Im talking about ( when contacts send a message or come online) and I have tried what you suggest and there everything seems to be working just fine...It is only when Im using msn that the problem occur and Im not able to hear anything. It is a small problem but very annoying:@:D

RE: Sound problems in msn 7 by Zephyr on 05-19-2005 at 11:01 AM

If you go to the MSN Messenger directory, usually C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger

Check to see if the following files are there and if they are, try playing them.

newalert.wav
newemail.wav
nudge.wav
online.wav
ring.wav
type.wav

If these files are not there, you should reinstall MSN Messenger from  http://messenger.msn.com/

When you go to Alert and sounds in options, check the sounds box and click the sounds button next to it, there will be a list called program events. Scroll down the list till you get to MSN Messenger. There will be the sounds i mentioned above in the list under MSN Messenger. Try previewing these sounds.

RE: Sound problems in msn 7 by Vixx on 05-19-2005 at 11:10 AM

I have checked the program events like you said and the sounds are working there, I also tried to reinstall msn but the problem still remained.

RE: Sound problems in msn 7 by mwe99 on 05-19-2005 at 11:21 AM

Do you have anything else installed such as a plugin?

RE: Sound problems in msn 7 by Vixx on 05-19-2005 at 11:50 AM

Well, if you mean plugins for msn I do not have any...that I know of;)