Shoutbox

File Transfer Idea - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: File Transfer Idea (/showthread.php?tid=45015)

File Transfer Idea by mwe99 on 05-20-2005 at 02:18 PM

Is there anything that you can use to find out how long your transfer has left? For example

I recently got a 7000KB file sent to me... to keep checking on the size left i had to scroll up to where is was, is there anything around that can show how much is left maybe in the msn window so i don't have to keep scrolling?

RE: File Transfer Idea by Weyzza on 05-20-2005 at 02:27 PM

File Transfer Plus might be your answer :)

RE: File Transfer Idea by Dempsey on 05-20-2005 at 02:27 PM

This is something i've tried to make in the past without any luck, and raceprouk was planning to add it to phoenix, but as he says in his blog
he's had to drop the feature.

Once I've finished college in a few weeks, I'll have another go and trying to do this.

RE: File Transfer Idea by J.J on 05-20-2005 at 02:29 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Dempsey
Once I've finished college in a few weeks, I'll have another go and trying to do this.

Woot :grin: Sounds good

Nothing worse than people who just keep on talking in a convo when you're trying to find how much longer the download it going to take :tongue:
RE: File Transfer Idea by RaceProUK on 05-20-2005 at 02:40 PM

The problem I found was getting the information programmatically. The method I was trying wasn't getting results, and I couldn't think of another way.
However, I have just thought of a possibility. Whether I try to do this for Phoenix 2 I don't know (got other stuff to finish off first), but I will have another go.

RE: File Transfer Idea by Zephyr on 05-20-2005 at 04:18 PM

I definitely think this would be a very useful idea to have as it really can gt frustrating having to scroll up all the time.

Another similar idea was suggested in Filetransfer in 7.0
which was about having the file transfer in a separate place in the conversation window.