Shoutbox

File Transfer (IDEA) [Screenshot Available!] - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: File Transfer (IDEA) [Screenshot Available!] (/showthread.php?tid=45028)

File Transfer (IDEA) [Screenshot Available!] by XM4ST3RX on 05-20-2005 at 05:28 PM

Hi,

Just thought i'd create a new thread and post a screenshot i created of the idea. If you like it please vote on the poll. I know it could be improved, but its just to get the basic idea of how much better it would look if file transfers were shown kinda like this.

The file names used in this screenshot are not actual files (unfortunatly:( :P LoL).

Anyways, the screenshot! Slightly more information on the shot below:

[Image: attachment.php?pid=464890]

Kind Regards,
XM4ST3RX

RE: File Transfer (IDEA) [Screenshot Available!] by Eljay on 05-20-2005 at 05:33 PM

dempsey_naked.jpg :|

anyway yeh that looks nice, i like the idea (Y)

RE: File Transfer (IDEA) [Screenshot Available!] by Dempsey on 05-20-2005 at 06:07 PM

its a good idea but AFAIK it would be quitew hard to get the status of the file transfers.

RE: File Transfer (IDEA) [Screenshot Available!] by mwe99 on 05-20-2005 at 06:18 PM

I kinda suggested this here but without speeds:

http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=45015

:dodgy:

RE: File Transfer (IDEA) [Screenshot Available!] by Lou on 05-20-2005 at 06:56 PM

this would be AWESOME stuff

RE: File Transfer (IDEA) [Screenshot Available!] by XM4ST3RX on 05-20-2005 at 06:57 PM

Hi,

mwe99, i know, this was partially based on that idea aswell as what i thought would look good too. Just people get a better idea of what you mean and an idea of what it would look like.

Kind Regards,
XM4ST3RX

RE: File Transfer (IDEA) [Screenshot Available!] by RaceProUK on 05-20-2005 at 07:21 PM

I tried something like this: found it exceedingly difficult to get the info I wanted to get.

RE: File Transfer (IDEA) [Screenshot Available!] by aNILEator on 05-20-2005 at 07:57 PM

i remembeer someone wanting this beneath the contacts display pictures

RE: File Transfer (IDEA) [Screenshot Available!] by CookieRevised on 05-20-2005 at 08:18 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Fukafly
i remembeer someone wanting this beneath the contacts display pictures
I remember that there are already a many many threads like this one... (when will people use the search button :'()

When I cba, I'll give a list.

RE: File Transfer (IDEA) [Screenshot Available!] by riahc4 on 05-20-2005 at 08:39 PM

quote:
Originally posted by XM4ST3RX
Hi,

Just thought i'd create a new thread and post a screenshot i created of the idea. If you like it please vote on the poll. I know it could be improved, but its just to get the basic idea of how much better it would look if file transfers were shown kinda like this.

The file names used in this screenshot are not actual files (unfortunatly:( :P LoL).

Anyways, the screenshot! Slightly more information on the shot below:

[Image: attachment.php?pid=464890]

Kind Regards,
XM4ST3RX
File Transfer Plus already fufills most of the purposes of your idea.

RE: File Transfer (IDEA) [Screenshot Available!] by RaceProUK on 05-20-2005 at 09:39 PM

Except both sides have to have it.

RE: File Transfer (IDEA) [Screenshot Available!] by J.J on 05-21-2005 at 12:39 PM

That looks awesome! I'd definately use it!

I'm very picky with the plugins i use, but i really like that :)

Anyone going to make it?

RE: File Transfer (IDEA) [Screenshot Available!] by The Napster on 05-21-2005 at 01:13 PM

Love it.

I like the File Transfer Plus, but the only anoying thing is that both people have to have it, and most of my contacts dont even have Plus! Unlukily...

RE: File Transfer (IDEA) [Screenshot Available!] by Lou on 05-22-2005 at 03:17 PM

same here...so is anyone going to make it?

RE: File Transfer (IDEA) [Screenshot Available!] by Patchou on 05-25-2005 at 12:02 AM

Well, it's not a bad idea but I don't know any good way to get the status of current transfers. Also, what use would it really have? :)

RE: File Transfer (IDEA) [Screenshot Available!] by Dane on 05-25-2005 at 12:41 AM

I would like this feature especially as well.  Patchou, if you were sending multiple files or running a file server, this would especially be good for those users, and those who do personal file transfers as well, instead of scrolling up to find the file transfer.  Cause if your contact says something while your watching the transfer, the chat goes back to the latest comment.

RE: RE: File Transfer (IDEA) [Screenshot Available!] by XM4ST3RX on 05-25-2005 at 02:06 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
Well, it's not a bad idea but I don't know any good way to get the status of current transfers. Also, what use would it really have? :)

Hi,

yeah ive heard about how hard it is to get the status of a file transfer, but i still thought you may have been able to do it... but if not it must be really hard :P...

anyways it would come in use more, especially with having an "auto-accept file transfer" feature :P, some users have alot of file transfers going at once, so maybe having a seperate window to view all transfers aswell as it being integrated into the contact window for that specific contact, would be great.

Maybe a competition thread for all developers to create a module to be able to get the status's of each current download... a forum section like that could be fun for developers, for them to prove themselves in this little world of ours :P

Anyways sorry i'll stop blabbin on now :P

Kind Regards,
XM4ST3RX
RE: File Transfer (IDEA) [Screenshot Available!] by rctempire on 05-25-2005 at 10:04 PM

What an idea, i love this idea. But i wonder who will actually develop this?

RE: File Transfer (IDEA) [Screenshot Available!] by Pyroteq on 05-26-2005 at 05:33 AM

Yeah id like this. im forever going up in my convo's to find one transfer. it would be much more helpfull if they were grouped in one window, but have a colum that says "to" with thier email or username.
Then in the drop-down box you can have options For Active downloads, Paused downloads (Idea?) Completed downloads and Downlads in this window

Just my two cents, but yeah, id use it.

RE: File Transfer (IDEA) [Screenshot Available!] by Lou on 06-08-2005 at 08:58 PM

like I asked earlier...whos going to try this? and @ Patchou: Your a great developper, you know what the public likes, shouldnt this be made? I mean seriously not one person here yet said it was stupid. I wish Patchou and everyone else would like it cause it seems to have alot of potential

RE: File Transfer (IDEA) [Screenshot Available!] by jren207 on 06-08-2005 at 11:08 PM

It looks like a great idea if it's ever possible to make. I like the way it uses the Plus! sidebar (y)

RE: File Transfer (IDEA) [Screenshot Available!] by XM4ST3RX on 06-08-2005 at 11:25 PM

Hi,

The feedback on this feature seems really good, its a shame its not as easy as it is to create.

Maybe because the amount of positive feedback is that good, this could be a big feature in one release of Plus! maybe... im sure that if you had a try at the problems you are aware of with the file transfers, you will succeed :), we have faith! :P.

Maybe anyone else who may have any ideas of how to get the status etc of each file transfer would like to input their methods and ideas? To have a bulletproof method so this would work flawlessly would be a great acheivement... and may lead on to bigger and better features relating to the file transfer methods! :P

OK Michael, shut up :P

Kind Regards,
XM4ST3RX (Michael)