Shoutbox

Multiple Select in "Invite someone to Conv" - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Multiple Select in "Invite someone to Conv" (/showthread.php?tid=45035)

Multiple Select in "Invite someone to Conv" by yweinsto on 05-20-2005 at 07:37 PM

Does anyone know of a plugin that allows you to select muliple people to invite to a conversation (instead of having to do it individualy).
Thanks,
yweinsto

RE: Multiple Select in "Invite someone to Conv" by Shezi on 05-20-2005 at 07:40 PM

in  invite window press Ctrl key and select the contacts u want to invite...
by this way u can invite multiple user at one time.. :)

RE: Multiple Select in "Invite someone to Conv" by CookieRevised on 05-20-2005 at 08:10 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Shezi
This is btw a normal beheviour/keyboard shortcut for such lists in Windows. Thus, nothing special from msn messenger; just plain old basic Windows User Interface.

holding CTRL while selecting => selecting/deselecting multiple individual items
holding SHIFT => selecting/deselecting all items from the current item to the one you just clicked on
holding CTRL and SHIFT while selecting => selecting/deselecting all items from the current item to the one you just clicked on when you're selecting/deselecting individual items

(I know the descriptions are confusing and sound more difficult then it is. Just try it out to see what I mean ;))

RE: Multiple Select in "Invite someone to Conv" by yweinsto on 05-20-2005 at 08:14 PM

I am using windows messenger 5.1 (due to comapny constraints) and this doesnt work.....   :(
Is there a setting i'm missing to enable this?
Thanks,
-=yweinsto

RE: Multiple Select in "Invite someone to Conv" by Shezi on 05-20-2005 at 08:15 PM

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
quote:
This is btw a normal beheviour/keyboard shortcut for such lists in Windows. Thus, nothing special from msn messenger; just plain old basic Windows User Interface.

holding CTRL while selecting => selecting/deselecting multiple individual items
holding SHIFT => selecting/deselecting all items from the current item to the one you just clicked on
holding CTRL and SHIFT while selecting => selecting/deselecting all items from the current item to the one you just clicked on when you're selecting/deselecting individual items

(I know the descriptions are confusing and sound more difficult then it is. Just try it out to see what I mean ;))
i know wat u posted but as yweinsto dont no this feature that's y i just gave him a clue so he can do this with shift and ctrl key.. ;)
RE: Multiple Select in "Invite someone to Conv" by yweinsto on 05-23-2005 at 01:39 PM

Sorry to be a bother, I tried the Ctrl+Select and Shift+ select ,ethod and it doesnt work.  Is there some sort of setting i am missing here?

Thanks!

RE: Multiple Select in "Invite someone to Conv" by RaceProUK on 05-23-2005 at 02:08 PM

It should work: works with me.

RE: Multiple Select in "Invite someone to Conv" by yweinsto on 05-23-2005 at 03:20 PM

Just to confirm we are doing the same thing...

I click on 'Send Instant Message' and then get a pop-up window with 'My Contacts' and 'Other' tabs, in the 'My Contacts' tab i see a list of all my contacts and when I keep ctrl or shift down and click on the contacts it doesn't highlight multiple contacts but it just highlights the contact that I click on.

What version of Windows Messenger are you using?

RE: Multiple Select in "Invite someone to Conv" by RaceProUK on 05-23-2005 at 05:21 PM

That's not inviting to a conversation: that's starting a new one.

RE: Multiple Select in "Invite someone to Conv" by yweinsto on 05-23-2005 at 06:08 PM

Sorry, I left that part out....

When i have an open conversation and click on 'Invite someone to conversation', i can only select one at a time ( CTRL+Click and SHIFT+Click doesnt work)

RE: Multiple Select in "Invite someone to Conv" by mwe99 on 05-23-2005 at 06:10 PM

What version of MSN are you running?
What Operating System are you running?

RE: Multiple Select in "Invite someone to Conv" by yweinsto on 05-23-2005 at 06:15 PM

Windows XP Professional SP2

Windows Massenger Version 5.1 (5.1.0639)

RE: Multiple Select in "Invite someone to Conv" by albert on 05-23-2005 at 06:59 PM

You could try right clicking on a group and selecting " send instant message  to this group " it's probably not what youre seaching for, but might help you out a little..

RE: Multiple Select in "Invite someone to Conv" by Shezi on 05-23-2005 at 08:54 PM

quote:
Originally posted by yweinsto
Windows XP Professional SP2

Windows Massenger Version 5.1 (5.1.0639)

as i checked with my windows msngr .. the multiple invites at the same time is not still possible ..
quote:
Originally posted by lp15
You could try right clicking on a group and selecting " send instant message  to this group " it's probably not what youre seaching for, but might help you out a little..
this feature also dont work with window msngr 5.1

RE: Multiple Select in "Invite someone to Conv" by yweinsto on 05-23-2005 at 09:46 PM

quote:

quote:

Does this feature work in a later (or earlier) version of Messenger?
RE: Multiple Select in "Invite someone to Conv" by Shezi on 05-23-2005 at 09:51 PM

quote:
Originally posted by yweinsto
quote:

quote:

Does this feature work in a later (or earlier) version of Messenger?
not sure for other versions of windows msngrs.. but u can enjoy these features in msn msngr.. :)