Shoutbox

Messenger Plus! Community IRC Channel - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: Forum & Website (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+----- Thread: Messenger Plus! Community IRC Channel (/showthread.php?tid=4505)

Messenger Plus! Community IRC Channel by Johnny_Mac on 02-13-2003 at 04:41 PM

Updated: 2003/05/17

They can be found on the IRC Network at:

Server: irc.msgplus.net
Channels:

#MsgPlus      - English
#MsgPlus.nl   - Dutch (and Flemish)
#MsgPlus.fr    - French
#MsgPlus.es   - Spanish

WebChat: http://sock.demon.co.il/mp2/chat.php
mIRC [English]: irc://irc.msgplus.net/MsgPlus

RE: Messenger Plus! Community IRC Channel by Wabz on 02-15-2003 at 07:30 PM

It's cool only needs people really

RE: Messenger Plus! Community IRC Channel by musicalmidget on 02-15-2003 at 10:47 PM

I've been going in there recently but I no longer have mIRC (Klez virus is nasty :P ) but when I get it back I shall come back to the channel. ;)

RE: Messenger Plus! Community IRC Channel by dom. on 02-15-2003 at 11:14 PM

What who where why when is IRC? and where can i get it from :grin:

RE: Messenger Plus! Community IRC Channel by WDZ on 02-15-2003 at 11:22 PM

You can get mIRC from http://www.mirc.com, but you could use the java chat link that Johnny posted instead...

RE: Messenger Plus! Community IRC Channel by sock on 02-16-2003 at 07:11 PM

Please click here for more details on the Messenger Plus! Community Chat thingie. :)

RE: Messenger Plus! Community IRC Channel by Menthix on 02-16-2003 at 07:32 PM

Jae agrees with Sock..... his ones is better.... the webchat is nicer... and.... THERE ARE MORE PEOPLE !

RE: Messenger Plus! Community IRC Channel by Johnny_Mac on 02-16-2003 at 11:30 PM

blah!

RE: RE: Messenger Plus! Community IRC Channel by jw on 02-16-2003 at 11:48 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Raddie
What who where why when is IRC? and where can i get it from

IRC stands for Internet Relay Chat; it's kinda like one huge messenger conversation, between absolutely anyone. Organised into Servers (physical ones) and Channels (conversations). One of the best IRC programs you can use is mIRC, which I think is available free.

* jw remembers the very first version of mIRC, on the very first standard of IRC.... those were the salad days :sad:
RE: RE: RE: Messenger Plus! Community IRC Channel by sock on 02-18-2003 at 10:56 AM

quote:
Originally posted by jw
* jw remembers the very first version of mIRC, on the very first standard of IRC.... those were the salad days :sad:

Actually, my IRC server works on the standard IRC protocol, since it's the original IRC server software - fully RFC compliant.:D(Y)

A thing I'd make clear about IRC..... Every channel there has its specific name, and that's what differs it from any other channel. Normal channel names always begin with a # sign. To participate in a "conversation", you must join a channel, see who's there and start talking. You can easilly create a new channel, invite people to it or list the channels on the IRC network. There are also private messages between two people like in the Messenger. The server I created isn't linked to any other server though, so it's not a part of an IRC network. It's a private standalone server.

:blah!:
RE: Messenger Plus! Community IRC Channel by Swaptor on 02-18-2003 at 01:32 PM

Fooling around on that server is finally giving me the chance to learn working with IRC through Trillian :)

RE: Messenger Plus! Community IRC Channel by Johnny_Mac on 02-18-2003 at 02:33 PM

:blah!: Can't get webchat working... just sits there and doesnt load oir anything. :undecided:

RE: Messenger Plus! Community IRC Channel by saralk on 02-18-2003 at 03:10 PM

I have my own IRC Server, plz go on it irc://irc.saralirc.me.uk this link will work for people with mIRC+IE or people with mozilla.

RE: RE: Messenger Plus! Community IRC Channel by Guido on 02-18-2003 at 08:59 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Johnny_Mac
blah!

then it seems msgplus has an official chat channel :P

maybe add it to the website? :dodgy:
RE: RE: RE: Messenger Plus! Community IRC Channel by Guido on 02-18-2003 at 09:01 PM

quote:
Originally posted by jw
One of the best IRC programs you can use is mIRC, which I think is available free.
:-/ no, its shareware:

quote:
Registration - mIRC is a shareware program. This system of distributing programs, as shareware, shows the true spirit of the Internet. You can download mIRC for free and give it a try. If during or after the 30 days evalution period you decide to continue to use mIRC, you're asked to pay a small registration fee of $20. This will allow Khaled, mIRC's author, to go on developing and supporting mIRC with the same spirit and enthousiasm as he has shown in the past 6 years. Your registration of mIRC will support the future of mIRC's www pages for help, hints and support and encourage the development of mIRC, its help files and the FAQ. :-) Once you registered one version of mIRC, you're allowed to use all future versions for free!

RE: Messenger Plus! Community IRC Channel by WDZ on 02-18-2003 at 10:19 PM

blah... mIRC is freeware that says it's shareware... :P

You can use it as long as you want, and all it does is pop up the registration web page once in a while... :P

RE: RE: Messenger Plus! Community IRC Channel by Guido on 02-18-2003 at 10:44 PM

quote:
Originally posted by WDZ
blah... mIRC is freeware that says it's shareware... :P

You can use it as long as you want, and all it does is pop up the registration web page once in a while... :P

well yeah i know, but its still shareware :refuck:
RE: Messenger Plus! Community IRC Channel by Wabz on 02-18-2003 at 11:35 PM

It's pretty cool although There is a huge security flaw

RE: RE: Messenger Plus! Community IRC Channel by Guido on 02-19-2003 at 12:33 AM

quote:
Originally posted by wabz

what security flaw? :-/
RE: Messenger Plus! Community IRC Channel by sock on 02-19-2003 at 12:54 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Johnny_Mac
:blah!: Can't get webchat working... just sits there and doesnt load oir anything. :undecided:

:O! MY Web chat?!? not working?!?!?!?:O:O DETAILS!!!!!!!!:)

quote:
Originally posted by saralk
I have my own IRC Server, plz go on it irc://irc.saralirc.me.uk this link will work for people with mIRC+IE or people with mozilla.

:spam::refuck::D

quote:

Blah, what the hell are you talking about?:) This is one of the most solid, flexible and effective programs I know....
RE: Messenger Plus! Community IRC Channel by Wabz on 02-20-2003 at 11:13 AM

There aint no name server so I can login and pretend to be Patchou and say I have now decided to retire or something else that would upset everyone :S

RE: Messenger Plus! Community IRC Channel by Chrono on 02-20-2003 at 08:48 PM

Patchou would post it on the board too :refuck:

RE: RE: Messenger Plus! Community IRC Channel by Guido on 02-20-2003 at 11:47 PM

quote:
There aint no name server so I can login and pretend to be Patchou and say I have now decided to retire or something else that would upset everyone :S

no you can't, just try :refuck:
RE: RE: RE: Messenger Plus! Community IRC Channel by Chrono on 02-20-2003 at 11:54 PM

quote:
Originally posted by gfd
quote:

no you can't, just try :refuck:

Cool (Y)
RE: Messenger Plus! Community IRC Channel by reisyboy on 02-21-2003 at 01:36 AM

:) wow we dont have to talk in WDZ shoutbox now :) god i missed out on alot :)

RE: Messenger Plus! Community IRC Channel by Chrono on 02-21-2003 at 02:37 AM

Shoutbox is dead now :refuck:

RE: Messenger Plus! Community IRC Channel by shine on 02-21-2003 at 04:20 AM

:stupid:

* shine will sapm there :refuck:

RE: RE: Messenger Plus! Community IRC Channel by sock on 02-21-2003 at 04:56 AM

quote:

Oh, THAT kinda security flaw...:)
* sock fixed that yesterday....:P
RE: Messenger Plus! Community IRC Channel by 2Pac on 03-15-2003 at 06:15 AM

it's would be nice if MP2 has it's own chat server like chatspace, i think it is that, but it's expenssive :S,

RE: Messenger Plus! Community IRC Channel by Johnny_Mac on 03-15-2003 at 11:42 AM

Doesnt really need it, we had a irc.webchat.org channel once but socks was more popular and he managed it well.

RE: Messenger Plus! Community IRC Channel by Wabz on 03-15-2003 at 01:07 PM

It's pretty cool socks a good op

RE: Messenger Plus! Community IRC Channel by sock on 03-15-2003 at 11:11 PM

:$

And 2Pac...... it DOES have its own server, I set up irc.demon.co.il just for the sake of Messenger Plus!...... Except *cough* this server gets down from time to time *cough*.:|:@:blah:

Anyway! I made special channels for the most commonnly-spoken languages now........

#MsgPlus       - English
#MsgPlus.fr    - French
#MsgPlus.es  - Spanish
#MsgPlus.de  - German
#MsgPlus.it    - Italian

The thing is........ I need as many people as possible who can speak these languages to idle there (preferably using mIRC), and help the people coming there...... And if you are helpful/mature enough, you might even get to be a channel operator.:)

Please, please, help me out.... I'm tired of saying "sorry, I don't speak French :\", "sorry, I don't speak German", etc..... I really am:).... and I can't be online all the time to keep saying that too;)..... so..... pretty please.(&)

Thanks!:)

RE: RE: Messenger Plus! Community IRC Channel by Sick0 on 03-18-2003 at 02:10 PM

quote:
Originally posted by sock
Anyway! I made special channels for the most commonnly-spoken languages now........

#MsgPlus       - English
The thing is........ I need as many people as possible who can speak these languages to idle there, and help the people coming there...... And if you are helpful/mature enough, you might even get to be a channel operator.:)

I'm allot on the dutch mIRC.. you know that ;) and rian is 2

but the last days i'm not on the chat... because the server is down ;)
RE: Messenger Plus! Community IRC Channel by Johnny_Mac on 03-18-2003 at 04:17 PM

Still? :shocked:

RE: Messenger Plus! Community IRC Channel by Menthix on 03-18-2003 at 07:20 PM

Me is Dutch and can idle with mIRC prety much... but, your server is still down, what happened :'(

RE: RE: Messenger Plus! Community IRC Channel by Sick0 on 03-19-2003 at 08:43 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Jae_x777
Me is Dutch and can idle with mIRC prety much... but, your server is still down, what happened :'(

I almost forgot the great JAE :P

Sorry man :P

So Jae Rian And ME :P

whahahah ;)

But sock is also off :S  he hasn't bin on the forum for 2 days
RE: Messenger Plus! Community IRC Channel by Guido on 03-19-2003 at 08:36 PM

server still down (N)

RE: Messenger Plus! Community IRC Channel by Wabz on 03-19-2003 at 10:20 PM

:gfdrin: still down sorry sock but whens it gonna be fixed :S

RE: Messenger Plus! Community IRC Channel by sock on 03-20-2003 at 11:49 PM

I don't know!:| It has (almost:P) never been down for such a long period of time!:-/
* sock bursts into tears.:'(

I think I'll look for a different place to host it at....:-/
I think I can get it on a nice machine in the Netherlands....:p

Meanwhile, you are all invited to #MsgPlus on EFnet - the original channel I created for this cause.
Some EFnet servers are irc.inter.net.il and irc.aol.com. A complete list of EFnet servers can be found here: http://www.efnet.org/servers/. This is a temporary place for the chat until the server gets back up.... Check my signature for updates....;)

Reply to GFD below: Blah, there's no period missing these.... There's a hyphen......:-/  I *did* forget to delete some words there:$, which I just did so it makes more sense now:P.

RE: RE: Messenger Plus! Community IRC Channel by Guido on 03-21-2003 at 12:07 AM

quote:
Originally posted by sock
...Meanwhile, you are all invited to #MsgPlus on EFnet - The was the original channel I started...
period missing :gfdrin: .

(i know it shouldnt have a period there, but i just wanted to bug sock :D)
RE: Messenger Plus! Community IRC Channel by Wabz on 03-21-2003 at 10:13 PM

Hee hee It's funny though whats a period a fullstop?

RE: RE: Messenger Plus! Community IRC Channel by Guido on 03-21-2003 at 11:55 PM

quote:
Hee hee It's funny though whats a period a fullstop?

yeah... a dot... "."
RE: Messenger Plus! Community IRC Channel by sock on 03-23-2003 at 07:46 AM

Yay, it's back up!!:D
All rejoice!!:P (Z)(X)(Z)(X)(Z)(X)

:banana:  :banana:

RE: Messenger Plus! Community IRC Channel by riball on 04-24-2003 at 04:04 PM

think its down again?

* Unable to connect (Connection refused)

RE: Messenger Plus! Community IRC Channel by sock on 04-24-2003 at 05:44 PM

Implausible!!:O

You must have used a wrong hostname...:-/ The server's been up for like 20 days now.... Well, except for like 2 minutes 4 days ago, when I changed the server name to irc.msgplus.net! :D

The old hostname (irc.demon.co.il) still works, but this is the official name now.:D

RE: Messenger Plus! Community IRC Channel by Johnny_Mac on 04-24-2003 at 05:54 PM

* Johnny_Mac changes name on the first post. :P

RE: Messenger Plus! Community IRC Channel by riball on 04-24-2003 at 09:28 PM

[11:17pm] * Connecting to irc.msgplus.net (6669)
-
[11:17pm] * Unable to connect (Connection refused)
-

strange it isnt working here...

RE: Messenger Plus! Community IRC Channel by sock on 04-24-2003 at 11:37 PM

humm..... why the hell does it connect to port 6669? :S
6667 is the default IRC port and that's the one in use..... :S

You must be using some :dodgy: copy of mIRC......
with some dodgy scripts or something..... :-/
Otherwise it should connect to port 6667.....

RE: Messenger Plus! Community IRC Channel by riball on 04-25-2003 at 07:50 AM

ohh hehe yeah im using excursion...

mIRC mod hehe

but ill try to change it...

RE: Messenger Plus! Community IRC Channel by Wabz on 04-25-2003 at 10:12 AM

I cant access it at all sock

RE: Messenger Plus! Community IRC Channel by riball on 04-25-2003 at 12:19 PM

port changed to 6667

still not working!

RE: Messenger Plus! Community IRC Channel by sock on 04-25-2003 at 03:31 PM

Sorry guys, it was my bad this time...... The server's Internet connection was down for a little while there, but it's back on track now.:)

RE: Messenger Plus! Community IRC Channel by musicalmidget on 05-09-2003 at 10:37 PM

Is it down again.  I just lost my connection and I haven't been able to get back in for a while now.

Edit (again):  It's back online now, only a few minutes.

RE: Messenger Plus! Community IRC Channel by Johnny_Mac on 05-10-2003 at 03:15 PM

It'll be socks host hitting the reset button... they're probably having a bad day. :P

RE: Messenger Plus! Community IRC Channel by sock on 05-10-2003 at 08:59 PM

I don't think they're smart enough to figure out where that button is.... :blah:

Anyway, sorry for the downtimes..... :$
Hey, at least the auto-restart thingie is working well!! :D (Y) :banana:

RE: Messenger Plus! Community IRC Channel by Sick0 on 05-15-2003 at 09:56 AM

still SOCK is the one :) :banana:

RE: Messenger Plus! Community IRC Channel by sock on 05-15-2003 at 01:36 PM

No, Neo is........ :-/

:spam:

RE: Messenger Plus! Community IRC Channel by D:Frag on 05-15-2003 at 05:03 PM

No, :banana: is... :gfdrin:

The IRC channel needs more publicity :P, what about adding a link beside shoutbox?  wdz?

Anyways, I'm active on the spanish channel #msgplus.es
Soy activo en el canal en español si necesitas ayuda #msgplus.es

RE: Messenger Plus! Community IRC Channel by Wabz on 05-15-2003 at 10:18 PM

Yeah more publicity would be good how about adding it as the news header?

RE: Messenger Plus! Community IRC Channel by WDZ on 05-16-2003 at 02:26 AM

It's busy enough for me... :refuck:

When guests visit the board, the "shoutbox" link isn't there, and "chat" is... there were too many guests spamming the shoutbox... :P

RE: Messenger Plus! Community IRC Channel by sock on 05-16-2003 at 10:27 PM

:blah: @ DZ............ Sending all the forums trash to me, eh?!? *shakes arm* :@:@:@

BTW, good news! I fixed Q today!! :D :banana:

Oh, and I had to restart the stats database...... sorry. :$ (The stats module made the problems in the first place, I replaced it with an older, stable release).

Also, I removed the German and Italian chat channels a few days ago, as very few people were coming there....... :-/

The Dutch, French and Spanish channels (and of course English) are still operative, but they still lack helpers..... Please, come and help! :)

Okies, I guess I'll go back to slapping people on the chat now..... See ya there! ;)

RE: Messenger Plus! Community IRC Channel by Johnny_Mac on 05-19-2003 at 08:07 AM

Uhmm... ok, soit took me 5 months, but I have finally found a way to download, install and setup mIRC on my school network. :grin:

But... the port is blocked... now, how do i get around this? :dodgy:

RE: Messenger Plus! Community IRC Channel by musicalmidget on 05-19-2003 at 10:46 AM

Use web-chat. :refuck:

RE: Messenger Plus! Community IRC Channel by sock on 05-19-2003 at 01:52 PM

The Web Chat connects to the IRC server just like mIRC would, using the IRC port 6667...... So it wouldn't help. :-/

RE: Messenger Plus! Community IRC Channel by Johnny_Mac on 05-19-2003 at 02:05 PM

I was wondering if i could go through another port... :undecided:

RE: Messenger Plus! Community IRC Channel by sock on 05-19-2003 at 04:13 PM

Well, I can't open port 80 as it is already being used by Apache....... :-/

* sock slaps Johnny's school's firewall around a bit with a large trout.

Maybe that did the trick? :P

Hrrrrrrm, you need an IRC Gateway thinger..... :-/
That's a :dodgy: thingie, and it isn't easy to install...... :-/

:blah!:, you don't need to chat while you're at school. :refuck:

RE: Messenger Plus! Community IRC Channel by surfichris on 05-20-2003 at 05:55 AM

yes we do! We need a gateway so i can connect as well...damn admins do *.exe searches on the network as well.... :dodgy:

RE: Messenger Plus! Community IRC Channel by Ñ y S û P å S t @ ® on 05-20-2003 at 06:49 AM

i just can tell anyone just to use apache :P its free and it kicks ass ;)

RE: Messenger Plus! Community IRC Channel by musicalmidget on 05-20-2003 at 10:42 AM

* musicalmidget can't connect to the IRC server. :(

RE: Messenger Plus! Community IRC Channel by surfichris on 05-20-2003 at 12:51 PM

yep :(

RE: Messenger Plus! Community IRC Channel by sock on 05-20-2003 at 01:55 PM

What the hell does Apache has to do with it? :P

Blah, stupid Urbis messed with the server again....... :blah: :blah: :blah:

RE: Messenger Plus! Community IRC Channel by surfichris on 05-21-2003 at 12:54 AM

WEEEEEE neeeeeed a gateway!

Please sockish!

At school now :/

RE: Messenger Plus! Community IRC Channel by sock on 05-21-2003 at 01:17 AM

Set up a relay at home or anywhere........ and make it listen on port 80.
The problem is, you need to find a Linux machine which has a free port 80. :-/

There's a well-known IRC proxy for Linux called BNC..........
http://www.gotbnc.com

RE: Messenger Plus! Community IRC Channel by surfichris on 05-21-2003 at 03:32 AM

Blah, ill add it onto one of our servers and assign it its own ip so it doesnt conflict with Apache...

RE: Messenger Plus! Community IRC Channel by s7a5 on 05-21-2003 at 11:28 AM

thanks surfi :gfdrin:

RE: Messenger Plus! Community IRC Channel by sock on 05-21-2003 at 12:42 PM

Cool surfi, let Johnny use it too will ya? :)

* sock slaps stas around a bit with a large trout.

RE: Messenger Plus! Community IRC Channel by D:Frag on 06-05-2003 at 05:02 PM

Down.

RE: Messenger Plus! Community IRC Channel by Wabz on 06-07-2003 at 04:42 PM

Blah up and took abuse again this morning story of my life really

RE: Messenger Plus! Community IRC Channel by Sick0 on 06-08-2003 at 11:14 PM

still down down down down down down

RE: Messenger Plus! Community IRC Channel by musicalmidget on 06-08-2003 at 11:22 PM

Whaaaa?

The channel isn't down, I'm on the channel now and have been most of the day. :S